Open Ears Forum - London 2017

1. DerekWJ Administrator Staff Member Oct 6, 2017

DerekWJ, Oct 6, 2017 :
    [​IMG]

Friends,

We hosted our first ever Open Ears forum in London on Saturday 23rd. The purpose of this event was to have OnePlus senior leadership team members face-to-face with our customers to hear their thoughts and suggestions on how our customer support can better serve our users.

We were humbled at the scale of the applications we received from users and community members wanting to participate. Wanting to keep this event intimate, we had a very tough job deciding the 20 from all over Europe who would be flown over to attend. Thanks again to everyone who spent the time applying.

Why we held the Open Ears Forum?

This is the first time we organized an event specifically to hear from our users on their experience with OnePlus support. This allowed us to do a deep dive into specific cases so we can better understand the challenges and problems our users are currently facing.

This event also gave us a chance to tell our users what things we have done in the past to improve our support and customer experience, but also have their say on our future plans.

What happened

During the Open Ears Forum in London, everyone was split into groups based on the reason the user had contacted customer support: Repairs, Returns, Shipping and Technical Support, and each group was also assigned a member of the OnePlus team. The morning was spent getting to know everyone in their groups which involved learning about each persons'OnePlus timeline' of their interactions and experience with OnePlus. In the afternoon each person shared their positive and negative experiences with their group and deciding on specific areas they felt we needed to improve our customer support. Once these issues had been identified, the groups heard what measures we had taken so far and what improvements we had planned. Not only did they provide feedback on these plans but, together, we were able to build on these ideas to create other solutions.

The passion of those who attended, as well as hearing about their positive experiences, drives us to work even harder, it felt like one family working towards a better future.

Openness is a key part of this event which is why we filmed the day so that those who weren't able to attend could see what happened.

Key Pledges

As most of you already know, OnePlus puts Community first and that’s the main reason for the growth of OnePlus and its products, for customer service we are aiming to expand from this and add new goals to improve from your feedback. Here are the actions we are taking following the Open Ears Forum.

End of 2017:

1. Add 2 more repair centers in Europe – To increase the speed for phone repairs
    2. Add a full FAQ & ensure all policies are up to date – To ensure customers can get instant answers to common questions
    3. Develop a backup application – Providing a one-step backup option to all customers
    4. Half-Yearly customer convention – Our first Open Ears Forum was invaluable for gaining insights, which we will run every 6 months to ensure we are able to get feedback from our customers about our current and future plans to improve our customer support
    Early 2018

5. Develop an app for diagnostics and troubleshooting – To make troubleshooting easier for customers and our support team
    6. Create video guides – In order to visually show the best way to use your OnePlus device
    7. "One-Time Resolution" - Endeavor to resolve any customer query the first time they contact us
    In 2018

8. "One Stop Service" - In the event that we aren't able to provide you with a solution first time, any future conversations will be with the same person from customer support
    9. Unify our platforms – To provide an easier and clearer indication of the status of your repair and location of your device
    10. Offer an insurance option, even when purchased via a carrier partner – Accidents happen and we want to make sure we offer the option of insurance to cover our customers if they do​

Thank you!

We thank all of you who joined us and provided valuable inputs. The event wasn't possible without you taking personal interest to improve with us.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Hige, Redsproket, ranyrix and 70 others like this.
  2. luxuskamel Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2017

MarcoV1+, aris, ModLife and 2 others like this.
  3. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert Oct 6, 2017

dsmonteiro, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Now this is the kind of OnePlus I like.

Hope to see those objectives getting done!

4. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Oct 6, 2017

SoniaB, Oct 6, 2017 :
    This ^^ is great.

@jkb114 I spotted you ... is that @Tokolozi as well?

otto2, obakesan, superplus and 6 others like this.
  5. Eshan_Anand Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2017

Eshan_Anand, Oct 6, 2017 :
    If you do this alone :rolleyes:

aris and rva like this.
  6. jkb114 KitKat Oct 6, 2017

jkb114, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Damn my accent is strong... Really enjoyed the day though, nice to see my first (of 4) interviews being used

aris, meatandy, SimonRam and 6 others like this.
  7. kekskruemel Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2017

aris and DerekWJ like this.
  8. AIT-Solutions Gingerbread Oct 6, 2017

DerekWJ and G_plusone like this.
  9. script Lollipop Moderator Oct 6, 2017

SoniaB, otto2, DerekWJ and 1 other person like this.
  10. script Lollipop Moderator Oct 6, 2017

script, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Haha, I remember you from the day I joined the forum. Cheers from Cologne

otto2, SoniaB and Dresa91 like this.
  11. Dresa91 Marshmallow Oct 6, 2017

12. sfomin Marshmallow Oct 6, 2017

SoniaB likes this.
  13. meatandy Marshmallow Oct 6, 2017

meatandy, Oct 6, 2017 :
    I also spotted @jkb114 immediately.
    Atleast Oneplus is trying , although if additional time was spent in your own forum 'most' of these type of meetings would not need to happen. :)

Another troubling trend I have noticed @Carl hasn't been giving the thumbs up gesture lately. o_O

otto2, Dunnow, luxuskamel and 4 others like this.
  14. G_Satyanarayana_Nannapan Froyo Oct 6, 2017

G_Satyanarayana_Nannapan, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Fantastic job one plus initiating now to conduct public meeting to hear the customers voice about their problems. Keep going to conduct the open meetings continuously.

DerekWJ likes this.
  15. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Oct 6, 2017

SoniaB, Oct 6, 2017 :
    He only does that in costume :p

Woodysk, SimonRam, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  16. G_plusone Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2017

SoniaB likes this.
  17. jpswer Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2017

jpswer, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Like the all the app ideas especially backups as this is my bug bear with android without having root and Titanium backup something built in would be great. Not had any repair or customer service requests since the OnePlus One so can't comment on that. Making it easier to diagnose, make logs and find easy solutions to issues can only be a positive.

18. jmdessOP5 Cupcake Oct 6, 2017

jmdessOP5, Oct 6, 2017 :

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017

19. clanguk Donut Oct 6, 2017

clanguk, Oct 6, 2017 :
    adding to the insurance option - I'm not too worried about that personally but seems a nice touch. what would be really good is if you could offer a replacement screen cheaply. Sony cost over £200 so we ditched them. it would be good to see a one off screen added as part of the sales pitch or for customers of x years.

DerekWJ likes this.
  20. kinghaloman Honeycomb Oct 6, 2017

kinghaloman, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Customer interaction done right. KEEP IT UP and I'll buy OnePlus phones for years to come

johnhart and DerekWJ like this.