OP5T random crashes

1. G_Giacomo_Calvigioni_MME Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

G_Giacomo_Calvigioni_MME, Nov 30, 2017 :
    Hi everyone, I received my op5t Wednesday and since then I already had 4 OS crashes with consequent reboots.

The phone freezes for 3-4 seconds and than the OS reboots. The first time I was listening music with Spotify, the second one I was simply tweaking some option in the settings, the third one happened while using Google Photos and the fourth using the pre-installed camera app; so I think it is not app-dependent. Any suggestion or solution? Should I contact the assistence?

Any help is appreciated, thank you

2. Dhruvit Jain Gingerbread Nov 30, 2017

Dhruvit Jain, Nov 30, 2017 :
    This is unusual as I haven't experienced a single crash. You can try to factory reset the entire device. But before that, you could try clearing the cache from recovery. Hope that helps.

3. Kcasper Eclair Nov 30, 2017

Kcasper, Nov 30, 2017 :
    Hi

i had/Got the same issue and reported IT here. today i receive a message from Shine the bug Hunter with the below message.
    i installed It and so far No crashes. but i can't tell if IT help as i just did IT today.

but mabye it can help you.

Hi Kcasper,

This is from OnePlus Bug Hunters. Thank you for your feedback and we're quite concerned about it. (https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-5t-rebooting-on-its-own.698635/) The dev team have made a repair zip to fix certain reboot issues. Please install it and check if it is helpful.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rVfPecRFPBhzfHOxKQktyrrUAWo7_chX/view?usp=sharing
    The installing process is as follows:
    First, download the repair zip and move it to the phone's internal storage.
    Second, settings-system update-upper right corner-local upgrade-select the zip.
    Third, wait till the phone reboots, and clear cache away in recovery.

If this issue still occurs, please tell us your living address and phone number.

Many thanks.

Best Regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

4. G_Giacomo_Calvigioni_MME Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

Dhruvit Jain likes this.
  5. G_Giacomo_Calvigioni_MME Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

G_Giacomo_Calvigioni_MME, Dec 6, 2017 :
    After flashing the zip posted by kcasper and erasing the cache from recovery not a single crash happened (5 days of intense use) , thank you very much, problem solved!