OnePlus - A look into Customer Service

1. tombruno Administrator Staff Member Jun 5, 2017

tombruno, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Hello Friends,

We are all super excited about the upcoming OnePlus 5 but I am here today to talk to you about something else. :)

Product has been extremely important for us since day one and along our community this is what brought us to where we are today. This being said OnePlus started with the idea to provide the best user experience and this doesn’t come only by bringing the best products to market but it also needs to have the best service to go along.

When we launched the OnePlus One we didn't expect such a success and we found ourselves with over 1.5M users were we initially expect 10K at best. As a result, we did face some challenges from a CS perspective where only five of us along with many of you here on the forum helped users to resolve their problems. The fact that people could count on the community is very inspirational and this is something very unique to OnePlus but arguably

not something viable in the long term. As a result, we had to scale up our operations very rapidly to make sure our CS was as good as our products, and that just what we did.

Coming into the OnePlus 5, I am proud to say that we have never felt more confident than today in providing the best service to date to our users. We now have over 500 people in our Consumer Support teams as well as repairs centers across the globe to be able to repair and return products as fast as possible.

Here is our new video to all of those that take care of our users every day with a passion and authenticity unique to OnePlus because together we can achieve amazing things:

I want to finish off with a massive shout out to all of you that since day one and as of today still help all users facing issues and problems, you guys rock!

Never Settle.

Tom

2. Kirakichi Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2017

Kirakichi, Jun 5, 2017 :
    It's like Fantasy - Reality.

Video is the 'Fantasy' and experiencing it yourself, seeing it with your own eyes is 'Reality'.

They mention CS is face of a company, yet they have non-skilled CS's, at least, put some reps that are interested in tech!

I say something, they be like "wut?"

3. Tobikage Marshmallow Jun 5, 2017

Tobikage, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Are you aware of the fact that a majority of them have left after getting fed up with the company ?

4. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert Jun 5, 2017

dsmonteiro, Jun 5, 2017 :
    @tombruno

Can you please address the fact that, three year in, OnePlus Customer Support still keeps giving conflicting answers, namely like in these two examples below?

upload_2017-6-5_14-59-50.png

upload_2017-6-5_15-1-27.png

And to be perfectly clear, this is not about software updates, but about the fact that CS still gives wrong, non-official, blatantly misleading information to its customers.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017

5. meatandy Marshmallow Jun 5, 2017

meatandy, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Welcome back to the forum , Tom.;)

I'd be glad to talk to Paula anytime :kissingheart:

6. Tobikage Marshmallow Jun 5, 2017

Sun90 and meatandy like this.
  7. Alvie Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2017

Alvie, Jun 5, 2017 :
    I've tried to help a users in the forum starting with the OnePlus 2 and then 3.

But a lot of problems need software updates to solve. (Especially things such as Camera issues on OPX). While a lot of problems can be solved by clearing cache, settings tweaks etc, a lot of them are to do with firmware.

(A lot of OnePlus 2 users are also angry about lack of Nougat, but mainly broken promises - and conflicting reports from CS e.g. the "Alex" email and some staff confirming it whilst others saying stick to official channels and even some saying it's in the works). Perhaps more work needs to be done in informing CS staff of current ongoing issues and how to respond.

8. Moin2200 Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2017

Moin2200, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Cool that you feel like you've reached a point where you can brag about your accomplishments.

But it's still freaking stupid that when we dersve an answer for every oneplus 2 users, you decide as a company to just ignore us until we forget about it.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017

9. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 5, 2017

youbi, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Thanks for sharing. :) The truth is that Oneplus CS has indeed come a long way since the early days and now I think most users will agree that Oneplus CS now is working very well. (at least the ones that had a repair service with them more recently and that are not just stuck in a past when they had a bad experience).

Because lets be honest your early days, it was really subpar to the quality of the devices you where offering, and lots of users got that stuck in their memory and its hard for them to now see that the company has really changed on that department.

Some may say that I'm being biased because I'm a mod or something like that. But the truth isn't really that one, the fact is that being a mod really helped me to see exactly how CS worked, because we tried to help lots of users with issues (and in the end usually we where able to actually help the process moving forward). In the early days we had lots of users needing our help, but nowadays that has really changed and I can't remember the last one I needed to help. I guess that must mean something. ;) And anyone can actually see that by the small amount of complains we see now in the forum about it when in the old days it was here everyday.

The only time I used the CS service for my device (my old opo had some weird issue with the microphone), in less than one week they did a remote session and then pick up my device and went to Germany and back to me in Portugal repaired. So I can only say good things about that experience.

I hope you guy scan keep the CS growing and becoming even better every day, because there's no point on making a great device if then you can't support it. ;)

Never Settle. :p ;)

10. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert Jun 5, 2017

dsmonteiro, Jun 5, 2017 :
    I do agree with you.

I had a friend that had his phone fixed in less than a week between opening the ticket and have it resent to him.

But what I said kind of joking in my first post in this thread still is true. CS communication is still horrible. They keep ignoring the script and making statements that even @Carl and @Pete are complete silent about.

11. jizang KitKat Jun 5, 2017

jizang, Jun 5, 2017 :
    I just put this here and you can make your own opinions from these comments...

12. iNtEnSePL Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2017

iNtEnSePL, Jun 5, 2017 :
    you left, you just don't know that yet :D

13. theshinybeast Lollipop Jun 5, 2017

theshinybeast, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Yup, although, as I said a couple of days ago, those two should just nip the whole OP2 thing in the bud and admit that nothing is coming in the way of updates.
    It seems obvious that support are ill informed or just not informed about how to respond, thus all the conflicting answers.
    Still don't know why they left it this late, now they're just going to hold out in silence until the OP5 is well and truly launched.

14. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 5, 2017

youbi, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Yeah, and for the majority of what I've been hearing its usually around those times. Compared to the early days the difference is just stunning. And surely shows how much it has improved.

That's why I said that there is still place for improvements. :p ;) The problem with this (and like in most CS departments), is that is made by persons and there will always be someone that either didn't studied the SC script, or that it maybe got a bit to imaginative in his attempt to help the user. :sweatsmile:

Getting that uniformity in the answers is always a bit tricky and its something I'm sure Oneplus is aware and is trying to solve.

Sun90 likes this.
  15. Tobikage Marshmallow Jun 5, 2017

ghostofcain and drmartin like this.
  16. volteon KitKat Community Expert Jun 5, 2017

volteon, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Is Alexandra on forums by any chance? I have some technical issues and need to talk to her. [​IMG]

17. Griogarach Froyo Jun 5, 2017

Griogarach, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Customer service is at best incompetent, which can come across as deceitful when there is no consistency to the message.

18. G_Ashok_Sanku_djka Eclair Jun 5, 2017

19. mwayner KitKat Jun 5, 2017

mwayner, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Used to be that @Carl and Mike were fairly responsive here, but I guess even that has been farmed out to the new and improved CS since Oneplus bust through it's britches. However, don't expect to get any cogent or consistent response about policy from CS. They don't have a clue as to the thinking of the bosses. Now, if you have a problem with some product, assuming it's not "dated", you just may get lucky.

20. JasonMR KitKat Jun 5, 2017

JasonMR, Jun 5, 2017 :
    Really nice to see @tombruno responding to the concerns of the community.

Now that's what you call customer service.

NOT.