oneplus 5t paint chipping issue. - Chek your phone right now.

?

Do you have the color chipping issue on your oneplus 5t

1. Yes

36.8%
  2. No

63.2%
  1. hypergamer1231 Froyo Jan 3, 2018

hypergamer1231, Jan 3, 2018 :
    exactly what am trying to say. don't settle for the skin ask them to either replace the phone or the back cover the metal one

2. Karthick RK Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

Karthick RK, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Will they replace the phone? Or what will happen if I use the skin provided by them.

3. horridsanju Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

horridsanju, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I just updated to oreo beta and all the photos that were taken have milky effect or painted effect!! Not happy with the update!!! It sucks! Please fix it with a stable update! Updates are supposed to be for fixes and not create a new issue!

4. horridsanju Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

horridsanju, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I just updated to oreo beta and all the photos that were taken have milky effect or painted effect!! Not happy with the update!!! It sucks! Please fix it with a stable update! Updates are supposed to be for fixes and not create a new issue!

5. Crash 1976 Donut Jan 3, 2018

Crash 1976, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I got the same problem, I guess warranty won´t be an option for us time to buy DBrand but hope to Oneplus have a look on this post and they can run test on it

6. Rizla Jelly Bean Jan 3, 2018

Rizla, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I just skimmed through the whole thread and not one person apart from the op has posted picture proof. My phone looks fine but I've had the protective silicone cover on it since I got it. So is this a thing?

7. hypergamer1231 Froyo Jan 4, 2018

hypergamer1231, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Just got a call from oneplus service center and the manager said that oneplus is claiming this to be normal wear and tear. 43 days this is normal wear and tear ? with the official case on ??? I refused to take this as an answer and have re-escalated the case further.

8. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

Subhajit Hajra, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Those guys bashing the thread creator ,Where are you guys from?Think not from a democratic state.Ever heard of freedom of speech? He has every right to say whatever he felt about the device.I don't know these so called FANS who don't have the guts to accept if there is a fault in OnePlus devices.
    And talking about the price, low price can not justify the issue with product quality.If so tell OnePlus to change the tagline from'' flapship killer "to "inferior quality product who pretends to be a flagship".And to compare please compare with after sales services of Apple.Dont advertise things to fool people, which they done with camera of OnePlus 5T. They came up with a tagline 'dual camera ,clearer photos' and you eventually find out that the cameras are just average, nowhere near a flagship camera.
    And YouTube videoes.He put just a video to tell a flaw about the device. What about the hundreds of videoes of paid reviews about this device, OnePlus makes or pays to make. Those paid review videoes influence buyers much more by long margin than this video could ever do.
    Be a FAN but not a Blind one.
    Though I don't know if some if not all are the part of the paid Army OnePlus has to fool millions of customers.

clogger and hypergamer1231 like this.
  9. hypergamer1231 Froyo Jan 4, 2018

hypergamer1231, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Thank you so much for clearing this up, the sad story though is that oneplus is not accepting that its a manufacturing fault and they still refuse to replace the back panel.

So all the fanboys out there whats your take on this now ?

10. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

They won't reply. LOL

11. textviewOne Gingerbread Jan 4, 2018

textviewOne, Jan 4, 2018 :
    OK, I noticed similar chipping on back logo. Now looked more and it seems i have same problem. Also used original case from the box from day one. I guess i need to contact customer support as well...

Also I'm having same marks on the top.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018

12. karthickarvind Eclair Jan 4, 2018

Ahridok and hypergamer1231 like this.
  13. zacharia Donut Jan 4, 2018

zacharia, Jan 4, 2018 :
    i had same issue with my oneplus 5. i used a black color permanent marker to hide it. i always used official cases. i'm concerned about the quality of paint used.
    Oneplus is not going to do anything about this.

hypergamer1231 likes this.
  14. Mukund760 Gingerbread Jan 4, 2018

Mukund760, Jan 4, 2018 :
    It's also present on OP 5 and even on OP3T (special Black colour). I guess they used cheaper materials to cut the cost.

hypergamer1231 likes this.
  15. Shuller Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2018

Shuller, Jan 4, 2018 :
    you deserve it!!!

before buying read about the company.

Do not trust reviewers (most of them are paid)

People reported a lot of times how OP is solving problems within Customer Service.

People reported many time OP does not provide all the information about their products or sometimes are providing misleading information.

People reported many times OP doesn’t care about you at all after you gave them the money.

So if you were lazy to search info before buying, you deserve it, coz you had to asume the risk.

Cheers,

16. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

Yes.I agree with you to some extent.But is it possible to check each and every product so rigorously?
    And YouTube reviews, which most people use to get an idea about the product are misleading and paid.

Shuller likes this.
  17. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

18. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

These appears as paint defects,which my phone back too has and doesn't catch eyes to that extent.

karthickarvind likes this.
  19. G_joan_zandijk_ltZJ Cupcake Jan 4, 2018

20. karthickarvind Eclair Jan 4, 2018

karthickarvind, Jan 4, 2018 :
    i took this pic during the second day of usage now it is like a Dalmation

Subhajit Hajra likes this.