OnePlus 5: Photo Review by Alessandro

1. jferraz Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 12, 2017

jferraz, Jul 12, 2017 :
    If you download the pictures in the zip provided by @alessandromichelazzi on the blog post and zoom in you can clearly notice the awful watercolour looking pictures, lack of detail, colour bleeding and lots of noise.

The Op5 is an excellent phone, maybe the best one out there, except for the camera which is no better than lower level (and cheaper) smartphones like the Xiaomi Mi6 or even the Op1, 2, 3 and 3t.

I believe the camera issues can be fixed through updates, mainly because the phone crank up ISOs way too high, specially for a camera with an 1.7 aperture. I advise to take the same shot with other phone and with OP5 in full auto mode and compare the ISO...

2. mitom0 Cupcake Jul 12, 2017

l_oaf likes this.
  3. Shuller Jelly Bean Jul 12, 2017

Shuller, Jul 12, 2017 :
    I saw those, I was wondering if there can be added all of them... for people to understand how much afterworks is in there...

Pe my understanding you were shoting before official anouncement and posted photos more ore less 20 days after... that is still a huge amount of work... even if not full time, however you spent a lot of time on this...

l_oaf likes this.
  4. Shuller Jelly Bean Jul 12, 2017

Shuller, Jul 12, 2017 :
    is it a camera for pros only? coz normal people have troubles on taking regular photos...

are you a pro on taking photos? I am not!

Dunnow, l_oaf and sfomin like this.
  5. gaster KitKat Moderator Jul 12, 2017

l_oaf and whatnoww2 like this.
  6. TonioLA Honeycomb Jul 12, 2017

TonioLA, Jul 12, 2017 :
    Lol!
    Quick as **** to use. Or maybe you have only one hand so the you need a smaller device.

Man if pro are saying that this is a good camera even in auto mode. Who are you to say it's not.

Do what you do best. Outsource the rest. Dxo and this guy's opinions are more relevant than yours that's it

l_oaf likes this.
  7. Shuller Jelly Bean Jul 12, 2017

Shuller, Jul 12, 2017 :
    or you are stupid or even worse... who are you to say something else? :))

get lost :)

8. TonioLA Honeycomb Jul 12, 2017

TonioLA, Jul 12, 2017 :
    Sure you little guys are good enough to judge a camera. Yeah yeah.

I'll never let the cleaning lady do my electricity installation.

I do not pretend to judge the camera. I let pro's doing that

l_oaf likes this.
  9. Shuller Jelly Bean Jul 12, 2017

Shuller, Jul 12, 2017 :
    you are still here?

a phone cannot be built to take good photos only by pros...

if I have to spend hours - days - weeks in order to understand how to get good shots... then I'll simply skip that device... samsung is taking outstanding shots... with a simple hit on a shot... can you image what is out there after some photoshop?

so get lost noob...

10. Shuller Jelly Bean Jul 12, 2017

Shuller, Jul 12, 2017 :
    @alessandromichelazzi I downloaded those samples... and to be honest I am very impressed of your work... coz those photos are very bad quality... you put a lot of effort in afterworks... that's why in the end you have those photos that are really nice...

So I do not know in this post how much is about OP camera and how much is about afterworks...

It cannot be said now that is a good camera after those samples...

Dunnow, l_oaf, jferraz and 1 other person like this.
  11. tomas898989 Donut Jul 12, 2017

tomas898989, Jul 12, 2017 :
    Amazing pics! have had a great experience with the camera so far myself. Auto with HDR works well almost all the time and Pro can be useful too when Auto isn't balancing it right.

I'm just disappointed there still so much negativity about the phone and it's camera :/ People just have nothing else to do than hate...

l_oaf likes this.
  12. Shankufx4y Froyo Jul 12, 2017

Shankufx4y, Jul 12, 2017 :
    camera is very awesome... but after captured... a slight change in with blure... dnt knw why...
    am a serious camera man without camera...

l_oaf likes this.
  13. sfomin Marshmallow Jul 12, 2017

sfomin, Jul 12, 2017 :
    no point in explaining it to that moron. he wont get it...

Dunnow and l_oaf like this.
  14. kemor Eclair Jul 12, 2017

kemor, Jul 12, 2017 :
    This pics are not very good quality, only places are super (Praha). See you on this photos on bigger HD monitor.[e]1f620[/e]

l_oaf and jferraz like this.
  15. rmjb Eclair Jul 12, 2017

rmjb, Jul 12, 2017 :
    I enjoyed reading this review from a Professional point of view. I am also very happy with the camera. My wife and I are constantly amazed with the results.

l_oaf likes this.
  16. p51d007 KitKat Jul 13, 2017

p51d007, Jul 13, 2017 :
    I've shot camera raw, and developed them in photoshop for years on my dSLR. Now, no offense, but, being a professional photographer, it would stand to reason, you know how to set the camera for lighting conditions, shooting using either the default camera app, adjusting as needed, or, with a different camera app, and, know how to adjust to get the BEST photo out of a shot. Like I said, no offense. I would do the same thing, but, 99.9% of people using a camera out of a cell phone, are not going to know how to shoot camera raw, and then post process the image. Also, most people don't even take the background into consideration when snapping a photo, not to mention either using a tripod, or some way to completely eliminate ANY camera "shake" in the shot.
    Yes, pretty much ANY pinhole camera sensor, given good software, good lens (given how tiny they are) and HOLDING IT STILL, can obtain a pretty good image, but most "smartphone" users won't take the time to set the shot, to get the optimum performance out of a camera.

17. G_Simon_Hooker_aiWf Honeycomb Jul 13, 2017

l_oaf likes this.
  18. G_Simon_Hooker_aiWf Honeycomb Jul 13, 2017

l_oaf likes this.
  19. dejanjocic Donut Jul 13, 2017

Packers and l_oaf like this.
  20. mahesh hooda Eclair Jul 13, 2017