Oneplus 5 and chromecast support/connection still sucks?

1. repsakasper Gingerbread Jun 23, 2017

repsakasper, Jun 23, 2017 :
    Although Om very pleased to Find myself with the Newest upgrade to the Oneplus one, the Oneplus 5, im quite pissed to realize that chromecast support is Still not fully fixed. after All that time??

No matter what I do, after watching something (netflix, YouTube, or whatever) for about Ten minutes, I have to Restart the chromecast to connect again...

even the Oneplus one would do Better than this, and was at Most parts able to connect again after Missing the connection. But now it just refuses completely ..

Antonello having same Problems? and know about a Fix?

keesvantilburg and martinpersaud like this.
  2. martinpersaud Donut Jun 25, 2017

martinpersaud, Jun 25, 2017 :
    I'm unable to cast to a Chromecast gen 1 and the Home app installed on my OP5 doesn't seem to be able to control the Chromecast even though it can see it.

3. martinpersaud Donut Jun 28, 2017

martinpersaud, Jun 28, 2017 :
    further to my issues I have restarted my router, Chromecast, and phone and it seems to have corrected the issues. I can now cast again.

4. yfan Honeycomb Jul 4, 2017

yfan, Jul 4, 2017 :
    Yup. This fixed it for me as well. Thanks!

5. repsakasper Gingerbread Jul 5, 2017

repsakasper, Jul 5, 2017 :
    Yup, this is a temporarely fix, which Works for at least an hour. Sometimes, especially with Netflix and yousee app, it disappears again, even when using. Even when the cc is casting, the cast icon disappears and the HOME app cannot Find it. But the cc keeps playing.
    Sometimes I can reconnect with YouTube app and then connect with Netflix after, because somehow the yt app magically findes the cc even though no other apps can.

6. keesvantilburg Donut Jul 5, 2017

keesvantilburg, Jul 5, 2017 :
    Same here with oxygen 4.1.6. After a while Chromecast stops working. OnePlus 3. Samsung tab a running on Nougat works fine.

repsakasper likes this.
  7. apocalypson Eclair Jul 16, 2017

apocalypson, Jul 16, 2017 :
    I bought a chromecast on a whim when I saw it in a shop, came home and discovered that it doesn't work with my €500 OP5 but works no problem with my €120 Xiaomi Redmi 3.

8. martinpersaud Donut Jul 16, 2017

martinpersaud, Jul 16, 2017 :
    let's see if I can help because I'm literally watching Fully Charged from YouTube casting from my OP5 to my gen 1 Chromecast.

I had issues when I first got it but I restarted - properly - my router, Chromecast, and phone and once connected all back to WiFi everything worked fine. Have you tried that yet?

9. martinpersaud Donut Jul 16, 2017

martinpersaud, Jul 16, 2017 :
    I can feel your frustration but since doing my original restart I've had no issues with casting anything at all. Not too sure how i can help but I can say I am using the new Sky (UK) router, and the gen 1 Chromecast

10. apocalypson Eclair Jul 17, 2017

apocalypson, Jul 17, 2017 :
    I did, and it didn't help. But I noticed that I can control it when I cast from another device. I was able to cast from OP5 the next morning.

I guess time will tell if it will work from now on.

Thanks for the suggestions.

martinpersaud likes this.
  11. G_Shivpriya_Chaturvedi_K Cupcake Jul 19, 2017

12. vestbjerg48 Gingerbread Jul 19, 2017

vestbjerg48, Jul 19, 2017 :
    Hmm. I am on OP5 with Chromcast 1.gen, Chromecast 2.gen and Chromecast Audio. None of them are having problems. The play netflix, youtube, plex and spotify without problems.
    If you have a 5GHz router/accesspoint, make sure that the phone does not switch between 2.4 and 5GHz networks.

13. martinpersaud Donut Jul 19, 2017

martinpersaud, Jul 19, 2017 :
    Good point. I made sure all my access points are set to 2.4Ghz only. I would have preferred to use 5Ghz but not all devices we have are compatible.

14. darkfader Cupcake Aug 30, 2017

darkfader, Aug 30, 2017 :
    I can connect to my Fire TV fine but the built-in Android screen mirroring is extremely lagging :| Probably a protocol issue (Miracast?).
    I'll try some streaming app later... which should be better.

15. wellsfargo Froyo Sep 10, 2017

wellsfargo, Sep 10, 2017 :
    when I duplicate the screen of my chromecast through Google Home, I get an error because it is not optimized. As a consequence of this failure, is it possible that with a 5G connection it has a delay? . any solution?

16. Rohit_VP Honeycomb Sep 10, 2017

Rohit_VP, Sep 10, 2017 :
    settings - display - cast (with ur device connected to the wifi, same as that to which the chrome cast is connected, otherwise it would be empty)

activate autonomous go

Attached Files:

17. awatt2001 Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

18. felipemendes Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 3, 2018

felipemendes, Jan 3, 2018 :
    in my home, problem is much more with chromecast than with my phones (including Pixel).