OnePlus 2 OTA for OxygenOS 3.6.0

1. Impulse37 Froyo Jul 14, 2017

Impulse37, Jul 14, 2017 :

Lots of people are talking against providing the VOLTE feature.. even though I do not use it and will most probably never switch to JIO, let me ask you something... Why do you think OP ignored all other bugfixes, battery drains, camera quality improvements, audio tuner (which was actually in the spec sheet) and biggest of all Nougat update even after promising it... But they still went ahead and provided software updates to enable volte and after that most of the bugfixes were also for volte!!

Ask yourself the above question.. and you'll get to the answer at some point.. it's about priority and sales figures.. even though OnePlus does not officially report their sales figures, I would be most probably correct to say that at least half of their global sales would be in India, because of which they have even started manufacturing (assembling) devices in India..
    And due to this they would have decided to provide and fix the VOLTE feature and just to keep the Indian market happy, which will cause their global sales targets to be met on OP3T and OP5 due to somewhat happier customer base!!

And furthermore.. looking at how OnePlus went back on their word to provide Nougat as well as ehat updates they provided with 3.0 -3.1 releases, I might be right that they woyld not even have fixed anything else or given Nougat to our OnePlus2 at all.. they would have just left it on 3.1.x and given security patches and more icon packs...
    So just be glad that most probably because of VOLTE, we received some more updates (and slightly better resale value) at least even if many of us (including myself) will most probably not be using volte on OP2 at all!!

2. Azungu Donut Jul 14, 2017

Azungu, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Don't you need to root the phone when using twrp? OTA should work out of the box, shouldn't it?

3. unmaskedfalesh Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2017

unmaskedfalesh, Jul 14, 2017 :
    u don't need to root for twrp, its a recovery. only bootloader must be unlocked.

4. p_anuram Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

p_anuram, Jul 15, 2017 :
    @Tony L even after OxygenOS 3.6.0, I am connected to H+ only and not 4G. The fix is not working. the area I live in has 4G my other phones are connected well.

How to fix this issue ?

5. p_anuram Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

p_anuram, Jul 15, 2017 :
    I couldn't create a bug report since i don't have 5 replies yet. I don't know why they tie this with a bug report ? they could validate the IMEI and proceed.

6. latheef shaik Eclair Jul 15, 2017

latheef shaik, Jul 15, 2017 :
    i have downloaded through Opera VPN...

7. latheef shaik Eclair Jul 15, 2017

8. latheef shaik Eclair Jul 15, 2017

latheef shaik, Jul 15, 2017 :
    Try Factory reset, it may work..

9. shivagonal Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

10. je_tha Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

11. lakshmeesh Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

lakshmeesh, Jul 15, 2017 :
    where is the os update 3.6.0 ,, i think op people hiding updates [e]1f609[/e], in my op2 not showing any kind of hidden update,, 3.5.8 is last updated,,,, lol
    1500123818349.jpg

12. jammae Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

jammae, Jul 15, 2017 :
    Where i could download this update as file? I can't install this update, and the situation has been the same with the previous updates. I have to do the local update

13. Spannaa KitKat Jul 15, 2017

Spannaa, Jul 15, 2017 :
    If you search, you'll find the rom mirrors thread. The files you need are in post #1

ShortyEx and Gonzo01 like this.
  14. arnebehm Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

arnebehm, Jul 15, 2017 :
    This is the third update i can not install on my phone automatically. As far as i could find out this is due to encryption of my opt. Safety means encryption AND updates. This is not good and will lead to other manufacturers if you are interested in safety. Flagship killer killed.

Das dritte Update in Folge, das nicht automatisch installiert werden kann. Es scheint an der Verschlüsselung des Telefons zu liegen. Sicherheit für das Telefon bedeutet Verschlüsselung UND Updates. Das ist kontraproduktiv und falls es hier keine Lösung gibt, wird mein nächstes Telefon von einem anderen Hersteller sein. Ich hatte gehofft, daß gerade ein alternativer Hersteller solche Basics beachtet.

15. arnebehm Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

arnebehm, Jul 15, 2017 :
    This is the third update i can not install on my phone automatically. As far as i could find out this is due to encryption of my opt. Safety means encryption AND updates. This is not good and will lead to other manufacturers if you are interested in safety. Flagship killer killed.

Das dritte Update in Folge, das nicht automatisch installiert werden kann. Es scheint an der Verschlüsselung des Telefons zu liegen. Sicherheit für das Telefon bedeutet Verschlüsselung UND Updates. Das ist kontraproduktiv und falls es hier keine Lösung gibt, wird mein nächstes Telefon von einem anderen Hersteller sein. Ich hatte gehofft, daß gerade ein alternativer Hersteller solche Basics beachtet.

16. Harsh p Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

Harsh p, Jul 15, 2017 :
    1)camera focous becomes slow after update.

2) processing becomes slow compare to previous ones.

17. haroonxiddiqui Eclair Jul 15, 2017

haroonxiddiqui, Jul 15, 2017 :
    Get the update yesterday. security patch updated; I have not any issue either with 4G registration nor with Turkey time zone :)

18. Hkpatel7577 Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

Hkpatel7577, Jul 15, 2017 :
    Is it done without routing a device!? or root is required to install that?

19. jizang KitKat Jul 15, 2017

jizang, Jul 15, 2017 :
    no need to root but need to unlock bootloader

20. Spannaa KitKat Jul 15, 2017

Spannaa, Jul 15, 2017 :
    Root is not required as the zips are all stock, signed by OP and can be installed via OP recovery with a locked bootloader.

Hkpatel7577 and PrajwalK like this.