One unpaid review about OnePlus 5T.

1. DannyM93 Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

DannyM93, Jan 12, 2018 :
    I think it's because a) they want to defend their decision to spend money on that thing, and b) to counteract those who do nothing but blast the products that really don't quite deserve it.

Subhajit Hajra likes this.
  2. Y1511446669413 Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

Y1511446669413, Jan 12, 2018 :
    It's not about fan boy, most people will to any length to justify there decision was correct to buy this phone and I don't blame them.

I bought thinking it will suffice for time I am buying it and except camera it has surpassed my expectations. Though I never bought the phone to keep for long and I have found nothing to change my mind. Another cheap Chinese phone until you move to the world of top [e]1f51d[/e] phones where you don't need to actually

#settle

In any department.

h_kashyap and Subhajit Hajra like this.
  3. Y1511446669413 Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

Very well said, Mr mobile was the only top reviewer that bashed the camera of this thing.

And I find it quite weird that 8 out of top 10 reviewers fail to point out that and they are receiving 5t in every color every second week.

Hahaha no surprise

OnePlus has been well known and has been caught dozens of times with there hands in your phone and all things said and done I dislike how they represent themselves rather than what they really are.

They try to portray a culture they are exactly opposite of.

4. NerdicEclipse Gingerbread Jan 12, 2018

NerdicEclipse, Jan 12, 2018 :
    We'll discuss what we like, how we like. I like things dirty. Safe spaces are my playground, it's where I hunt for sport. The only people who are a real problem are people like the guy starting the topic trying to tell people who may comment and how they may do so.

I'll take fanboys over that crap any day of the week.

5. clogger Froyo Jan 12, 2018

clogger, Jan 12, 2018 :
    In Ref to the Youtube thing it is not only the 5T, I am also referring to other devices just to be clear.

6. Kevin Davies Froyo Jan 12, 2018

Kevin Davies, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Your quite right. Something the mods should listen too. Alas their doesn't seem to be that level of care and it remains the cesspit of sarcasm and trolling you have waded into. I do suggest a shower on your way out.

7. Nando9201 Cupcake Jan 12, 2018

Nando9201, Jan 12, 2018 :
    so maybe they paid some guys but i'm new to oneplus and in my opinion the 5t ist amazing.

8. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

Subhajit Hajra, Jan 12, 2018 :
    appreciate you liked it.

9. Y1511446669413 Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

there's nothing to give or take

fact's are facts

although I myself confused with the purpose of this post as anyone reading this already own the device most probably and this Post is like YOU bought junk and looking for support after that.

10. h_kashyap Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 12, 2018

h_kashyap, Jan 12, 2018 :
    At the time of purchasing I knew exactly what I was purchasing, how much I was paying & for how long would I be using it as I had a thorough knowledge of what I was gonna get. When I was watching this video above, there was not a single point I could find to disagree with, and personally I kept the "price point" aside here in the comparison as 5T is the flagship of OP. I'm satisfied with the phone for what "I paid for". I like this phone a lot, don't love it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018

11. Prattech Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

Prattech, Jan 12, 2018 :
    What a fcuked up thread this is !!! Did not even needed to open this thread since EVERY person even the "fanboys" knows this phone has flaws. And I think everyone knows those are camera and after sales service/customer support. Pointing out the obvious.

And you keep saying physical presence a lot. Let me tell you I'm studying business analytics, every samrtphone brand you are comparing Oneplus for offline stores are far old players with billions of dollars. Oneplus is a mere like 3-4 yr old company that could not spend that much on that. AND before you get on about bbk electronic holdings and oppo ownership, yes they own majority shares and fund them but that is very very limited funding. NOTHING compared to samsung, lg, apple, google.

I'm not a fanboy as per to say. I accept 5T's pros and flaws. Using Oneplus 3 currently. Positives are greater and YOU know that too. People who buy this phone I think majority already knows those flaws before ordering. It's not like they were misguided.

MARK THIS ~ Leave the fanboys alone. I always do. Every company have them and they are part of them even if THEY know what negatives their products have, they stick to them. Not bcz they are blind but bcz they could tell postives are greater than negatives and the trade offs are not much of priority to them. I personally don't like apple products. That does not mean they are bad. It's just trade offs are not good for ME (Software).

There was no point to open this thread for debate excluding fanboys. They know what they are doing. So let them be. You be happy with your life. The video was posted was good and honest btw. Appreciate it. Now DO NOT start a debate with me. I have a other works too.

G1nk1 likes this.
  12. Prattech Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

Prattech, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Rare sensible person found. You knoe de wey.

13. Keshiji Gingerbread Jan 12, 2018

Keshiji, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Mmmmhm, I wouldn't call this an "unbiased" review.

I agree that it's expensive to buy accessories in the OP website and that the phone camera isn't the best one in low-light conditions, or that it'd be nice to have water protection but I still think there are things he's clearly not mentioning just to make the video confrontational and by doing that making more people see his video.

In my case I think photos with the OP5/5T when there's plenty light are quite good and while I would love to have water resistance I also know how much I paid for one of these phones and how much more expensive are the options from Samsung and Apple.

The iPhone X is $1000 USD and it doesn't have a fingerprint scanner and it's face unlock technology still needs more work. At the same time if you drop your phone and break the back glass (and if you don't have an Apple+ program) then you'll need to pay about $400 to get your phone changed. Not to even mention that you need to buy a new fast charger if you want to fast charge your phone and that the device uses its special port for headphones. The nudge is also awful.

The Samsung S8/S8+/Note8 are all more expensive than the OP5T and all of them come with less RAM and their fingerprint sensors are really poorly placed. At the same time the device isn't as fast as a OP5T because of the bloat and their batteries don't last as much as the one from the OP5T and they take longer to charge.

In the end you always win something and lose something. And I believe the OP5T offers enough goodies for those that are missing. Do I need wireless charging when my phone will charge faster with the Dash Charger? Do I need to have a Retina Scanner that takes a lot of time to unlock my phone? Do I want a face unlock technology that isn't as safe as how it says it works?

About the support service, I also believe it could be better but it's nowhere as bad as how the video makes it look like.

Cheers.

G1nk1 likes this.
  14. victorzmartin Gingerbread Jan 12, 2018

victorzmartin, Jan 12, 2018 :
    The review is just an opinion of someone. I agree when he says that the camera is just ok (with the gcam, almost great), but I disagree when he says that the frequency of the updates is bad.
    only the pixel receives more and more frequently than OP, and having an update is not always a good deal (iOS 11 is a nightmare for millions of iPhone users)
    I would change in a heart beat a laggy firmware for an older and snappier one for instance.
    about the customer service, never needed, so can't say much.

even if the all flagships on marked had the same price, I would probably still give OP a change.

G1nk1 likes this.
  15. wp7chris Gingerbread Jan 12, 2018

wp7chris, Jan 12, 2018 :
    yeah there are too many fanboys here who lash out whenever anyone criticizes oneplus phones. sad.

16. F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY Froyo Jan 13, 2018

F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY, Jan 13, 2018 :
    Just like Apple fanboys.

17. F_Raphael_Solomon_jWIU Gingerbread Jan 13, 2018

F_Raphael_Solomon_jWIU, Jan 13, 2018 :
    Didn't he tell you to keep away, fanboy??

18. akuadi Eclair Jan 13, 2018

19. aakashsood Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

aakashsood, Jan 13, 2018 :
    That's why the reply, idiot boy!

20. Yohanv Froyo Jan 13, 2018

Yohanv, Jan 13, 2018 :
    Looks like someone paid you? or you are just trying to climb up the ladder on one plus forum [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]. And how do you know he was not paid for making that video? Do your own research first and then comment , do you even know the hard work that goes into creating one device ? am guessing you don't well . And if FYI there are one plus stores ofc limited but there are and on top of it no one is forcing you into buying it posting a thread like this what are you really trying to prove ? Get a life and stop worrying so much, it's just an electronic device .