74.5%
  2. Not my favourite :X

77 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. Prinze Martin Honeycomb Oct 5, 2016

Prinze Martin, Oct 5, 2016 :
    BeFunky Collage -L.jpg

BeFunky Collage.jpg

This thread is your one-stop shop for all things MIUI 8. For those who are new - MIUI is the ROM developed by Xiaomi for their mobile devices. It's beautiful, lovely and colorful (&iOS like :p). Developers :cool: mentioned below have worked hard to port them and every thanks, love and salute to them :rolleyes::)

TELEGRAM GROUP

► INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ◄
    ► TIPS ◄
    • To access developer options, tap on MIUI version (not on build number)
    • To expand notifications in the notification drawer, pinch out on the notification
    • Reboot to recovery: Settings --> About phone --> System Update --> Three dot menu
    • The Google Installer helps in easy permission setting
    • Also, go to battery optimisation & optimise some apps that aren't optimised by default, in the stock android settings app (For Wux)
    • Google play service FC fix --> Open a command prompt and put "ADB shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" (without the quotes) - Do this via USB when the phone is on and not on fastboot
    • If you have sync issues, run THESE Commands
    • If you're missing drivers, install Minimal ADB and OnePlus One drivers
    • Google play Service Fix through phone: Refer this
    • After flashing gapps, delete the setupwizard.apk, via file manager in TWRP (Mount system and then go to file manager/system/priv-app) Only for open gapps
    • If you have lost recovery (which is impossible) use this Firmware Switcher and Read Instructions
    • No need to flash any firmware zips or anything else. Just flash ROM + gapps + supersu and xposed (optional)
    • Flash normal SuperSU, go to the app's settings and give default access as GRANT, instead of PROMPT for hassle free root ;)
    • Partitions should be on ext4. If not, it will result in boot loop
    • Custom Kernels (Only for CM based): Private & Lightning
    • Debloater script isn't available. But these are the system apps that can be safely deleted
    WUXIANLIN
    OMNI BASED
    CM BASED
    OMNI - Cannot backup SMS using MiCloud
    CM - None

X_s

Hydrogen OS Based
    CM BASED
    H2Os - Notification Alert bug
    CM - (Gallery app battery drain on 7.1.7)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017

2. ElRobertson Honeycomb Oct 5, 2016

3. Prinze Martin Honeycomb Oct 5, 2016

------ They're from the same developer. I misinterpreted. Sorry about that :|

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016

ashok saroj and ShadySpeedster like this.
  4. theincredible Gingerbread Oct 5, 2016

theincredible, Oct 5, 2016 :
    The Google drive link provided for xu port contains old wuxilian port not xu port pls check it

kartike4u and Prinze Martin like this.
  5. 20209641 Eclair Oct 5, 2016

20209641, Oct 5, 2016 :
    bug fix update when arrive??there are lots of bugs...but i still love this rom...
    currently i m using miui 8 :)

Attached Files:

6. ShadySpeedster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2016

Prinze Martin and 20209641 like this.
  7. Prinze Martin Honeycomb Oct 5, 2016

I'll remove it for now and update it later - thanks :)
    It's up to the developers. Lets just be glad we at least have a beta ;)

8. Prinze Martin Honeycomb Oct 5, 2016

Sorry :oops:! Wuxianlin is the only developer. "Xu" - I misinterpreted. For now, there is only one port by Wuxianlin :) There is another dev X_s. He has started working, but no builds yet.

20209641, Dek91 and ShadySpeedster like this.
  9. ShadySpeedster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2016

ShadySpeedster, Oct 5, 2016 :

Prinze Martin likes this.
  10. natheux Honeycomb Oct 5, 2016

natheux, Oct 5, 2016 :
    Nice thread ! You can add a picture of "MIUI 8" on top :D

I went in my private messages and I saw this written by @azeez4901 (thank you dude). He talked about some recommendations and importants details :
    => [...] But heres the problem, opengapps dont survive dirty flash of next build and the only way to counter this is finding a package to install as non system. tried 3.5gapps version on MIUI+individually installing all gapps package in pico package but didnt work so far. As per the last rom update, no need to flash SuperSu. So m waiting for the next rom update release to try if the new settings.apk file provided by WU could help.

Nope- Themes FC still. Ringtones changing can be done by sounds and no force close. Oh wait, settings>dev options>miui optimization>moderate. yes.

=> another thing, open miui market app, type google and you will see google app installer which is a much compressed version of gapps. MM gapps playstore now on V7 but that one is on V5 but no issues.. my next testing will be done on this.

Happy flashing, stay tuned for futur updates !

PS : I'm on MIUI 8, SOT is really nice, perfs too, it needs a lot of improvement but wait... developers are working on it !

11. Prinze Martin Honeycomb Oct 5, 2016

I'm not able to change ringtone that way either - It still Fc's. And Miui optimization can only be turned on, but memory optimization can be set from low to high - @azeez4901 ?

natheux likes this.
  12. natheux Honeycomb Oct 5, 2016

natheux, Oct 5, 2016 :
    For Theme FC, I tried a bunch of solution but nothing worked..
    And for MIUI optimization, I just striked this line because it give infinite Android System FC. Thankfully, I didn't panic, once it given to me that Android System FC, I expand status bar and went to Settings, then I re-acrivated MIUI Optimization.

NB : ARISE Sound System is compatible

Prinze Martin and 20209641 like this.
  13. ShadySpeedster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2016

ShadySpeedster, Oct 5, 2016 :
    I installed the ROM, and although it does have some FCs and random reboots, I must say the ROM feels silky smooth!

14. lilzad Honeycomb Oct 6, 2016

lilzad, Oct 6, 2016 :
    I can't seem to get root access trying to use emoji root switcher but it keeps saying root access failed and when i go to security and go to root permissions nothing shows up there either :/

15. Pradeep_M Froyo Oct 6, 2016

Pradeep_M, Oct 6, 2016 :
    Using it as secondary ROM, It's smooth and working. Still lot more thing need to be refined and FC's in few option.

16. Prinze Martin Honeycomb Oct 6, 2016

Prinze Martin, Oct 6, 2016 :
    It happens. Try installing the settings apk, from Wuxianlin's folder, go to dev options --> root access, switch it for apps or apps/adb and then try the app you want root for. The Miui root will say "Root permission needed blah blah". Then it'll come up in the security app. Weird, but it worked for me sometimes o_O

frederiksloth and lilzad like this.
  17. lilzad Honeycomb Oct 6, 2016

lilzad, Oct 6, 2016 :
    App badge notifications not working here is that the case for everyone?

18. Prinze Martin Honeycomb Oct 6, 2016

working fine - check the screens :)

19. lilzad Honeycomb Oct 6, 2016

lilzad, Oct 6, 2016 :
    In which screen? You don't seem to have a number by any app on your home screen

20. Prinze Martin Honeycomb Oct 6, 2016

I've got a whatsapp badge notification in the status bar in one of the screens