[MEGA THREAD] OP5T Battery/Heating Issues and Tips: Share Your Stats & How To Improve Battery Life !

1. jmolinabermejo Honeycomb Nov 16, 2017

jmolinabermejo, Nov 16, 2017 :
    Moderator edit

Please use this thread for any issues, questions, tips and all things related to battery and heating.
    You can ask to a moderator to pin a post with battery tips to be showed in the fisrt page of this thread.

Opened this thread to see if anyone knows about this phone's battery life, as it has the same capacity as its predecessor but has a bigger screen.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2017

2. G_ag_5t Gingerbread Dec 2, 2017

Stickied Post
    G_ag_5t, Dec 2, 2017 :
    This is for those who are complaining about their 5t draining fast.In my case I am pretty much impressed with 5t's battery life and infact it is somewhat better than 5 as I owned Op5 previously.I easily get a bttery life of more than one day without using any battery saver or any third party app.I follow certain tricks to get a great battery life with every phone.Hope you guys follow this-
    1- Whenever you receive an update clear cache before updating and then install update and wipe cache in recovery reboot and then again clear cache from settings.

2-Select the black theme for your OnePlus device as AMOLED display doesn't, consume battery for black or dark pixels.

3- Use a wallpaper which is black theme based.

4- Use the Google keyboard having black theme.

5- Switch off always scanning for wifi in the wifi settings.You hardly need that

6- Close all your background running apps when not using it.5t is blazing fast so you won't have to worry much about the reloading app speeds.As they are just matter of few seconds but can save hell lot of battery.

7-I dont use ambient display as well..I just double tap the phone to see the time and weather.As face unlock is super fast.

8- Do not use adaptive brightness.Go for manually setting the brightness according to preference.As adaptive gives more brightness than required which in turn eats away a chunk of battery.

9- Location, Bluetooth, NFc etc should be kept On only when required.Close them immediately once you are done with it's use.

10- Keep the phone display sleep time to as minimum as possible as it can save huge percent of battery life.

These are the main points you have to follow to get a great battery life.These points won't affect your day to day usage of the phone much but can drastically improve the battery life.

Birrozza, aris, Kumaylkara and 29 others like this.
  3. Sujan rao Froyo Mar 7, 2018

Stickied Post
    Sujan rao, Mar 7, 2018 :

View attachment 723016
    My Battery Hacks for Oneplus 5T ( It also works for other Oneplus devices aswell [e]1f609[/e])

1* WiFi scanning off -(by long pressing wifi icon--> scanning settings -->turn off scanning)

2*Device manager off ( settings-->security and fingerprint-->device administrators-->disable device manager

3*Location off and location history off( settings-->location-->Google history--> switch off

4*Disable keep WiFi on sleep..Set as never

5*Disable auto backup (settings--> backup--> turnoff auto backup)

6*Clear cache (switch off and press volume down button+power button-->English-->clear cache

7*Enable doze mode in developer settings

8*You can also use battery saver mode if necessary*

9* settings--> accounts--> turn off automatic sync for unwanted apps

10* Don't clear apps from background

11* Turnoff adaptive brightness

12*turnoff location history for other Google accounts signed in your device

13* Try other apps like friendly,simple instead of Facebook app

14* Don't use your phone while charging

15* Reboot your device once in a week

16* Learn to calibrate your battery...you can find it on YouTube or just by googling
    (it is a simple process in which you completely drain your battery and charger to 100% couple of times to set it right)

Hope this helps to improve your phone battery Stats. and let me know your tips in comments.

F_Aadesh_Phalgun_vrfD likes this.
  4. remedy KitKat Nov 16, 2017

5. iNtEnSePL Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2017

6. remedy KitKat Nov 16, 2017

remedy, Nov 16, 2017 :
    Good point. Battery backup varies.

7. Senti3nt Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2017

Senti3nt, Nov 16, 2017 :
    Battery Capacity is same for Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 5T but it all depends on how the screen is of Oneplus 5T, it might give more battery life or lesser than Oneplus 5 depending on the screen and software.

8. Shadow0929 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2017

9. inviteless Froyo Nov 16, 2017

inviteless, Nov 16, 2017 :
    I think it will be only a little lower because of the bigger screen. But shouldnt be a big difference compared to the battery life decrease depending on screen brightness.

KlyveCruz likes this.
  10. peter hki Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2017

peter hki, Nov 17, 2017 :
    only 3300 battery it is good enough for one day usage on 5T ?
    worry about 5T will running out of battery before I back home.

11. G_PM7Gaming_vpja Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2017

12. lostLambda KitKat Nov 17, 2017

lostLambda, Nov 17, 2017 :
    No. It is insufficient for daily usage.

13. guhanrocky Gingerbread Nov 17, 2017

14. inviteless Froyo Nov 17, 2017

15. seelam sandeep Donut Nov 17, 2017

seelam sandeep, Nov 17, 2017 :
    yes , I charge once in a day. I use Mobile for more than 4 hrs a day at a stretch for movies or videos , even then next day when I woke up the charging will be 20%

16. Moin2200 Jelly Bean Nov 17, 2017

Moin2200, Nov 17, 2017 :
    I normally get 2 days of use with the 5 even after 3 months, I’m guessing the 5T would at least get 1 day of use.

Facofun likes this.
  17. Alooof Donut Nov 18, 2017

Alooof, Nov 18, 2017 :

Since a couple weeks, every time the phone is idling, it doesn't doze and just drains the entire battery overnight. Look at the attached picture. The second peak is what happened between 21:00 – 09:00. I used the phone two hours in this time. The doze mode doesn't kick in.

I have Wi-Fi scanning turned off and no apps show up to drain the battery. It's almost entirely oxygen os with its wifi handling.

No fixes help.

18. kk47042 Froyo Nov 19, 2017

kk47042, Nov 19, 2017 :
    the battery size is the biggest concern I have with OP5T. It's the reason I'm not sure if buying 5T is good idea.

19. bartekc00 Froyo Nov 19, 2017

bartekc00, Nov 19, 2017 :
    Does anyone have some links to YT battery tests from the early reviewers? I am looking constantly, but cannot find anything.
    I couldn't agree more...

20. kk47042 Froyo Nov 19, 2017

kk47042, Nov 19, 2017 :
    I've been looking for this since the launch too, but nothing came up. I hope there will be some reviews with battery tests before 5T goes to sale in two days.

dsavinsk and the_reckoner like this.
  21. Mundher. Abbas Cupcake Nov 19, 2017

Mundher. Abbas, Nov 19, 2017 :
    It all depends on power saving features when the phone is not in use. If they are good battery will most probably last for one day, with 4-6 hours SOT, but if they are not then battery will drain even if phone is not used!

22. G_Alexandre_Thay_oNBn Gingerbread Nov 19, 2017

G_Alexandre_Thay_oNBn, Nov 19, 2017 :
    On my OP5, with advanced battery optimization, I usually have 48H of battery, with airplane mode at night, with 3H SOT.

I'm not a huge user of games so it helps. But I think the battery is great, thank OP5

Frax69 and FlixbusLennart like this.