[Mega Thread] OnePlus 5T Trade-In Program

?

Should be an exchange offer for the people who bought the flagship few months back?

1. Yes

68.1%
  2. No

20.0%
  3. Not bothered, I am happy with 6 month old flagship

11.9%
  1. G_pridhvi_nakkina_yGxF Donut Dec 25, 2017

2. Sasikumartm Donut Dec 25, 2017

Sasikumartm, Dec 25, 2017 :
    how much you paid to exchange your OnePlus 5 6 GB ram?

3. G_pridhvi_nakkina_yGxF Donut Dec 25, 2017

G_pridhvi_nakkina_yGxF, Dec 25, 2017 :
    he checked my phone and I have 3 very small spots where the paint was slightly gone so he asked me 8k if it is in perfect condition then it's 6k

Sasikumartm likes this.
  4. Sasikumartm Donut Dec 25, 2017

5. Sasikumartm Donut Dec 26, 2017

Sasikumartm, Dec 26, 2017 :
    do u think 6 k is reasonable price ??I mean I brought my OnePlus 5 on Oct 1st week only ... should I exchange???I am confused

6. A1514257269789 Donut Dec 26, 2017

7. cyc604 Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2017

cyc604, Dec 30, 2017 :
    Meh. It's not like what Apple is doing to their customers! OTA updates to slow phones...garbage move.

Sasikumartm likes this.
  8. fazerboy0_3 Honeycomb Jan 1, 2018

fazerboy0_3, Jan 1, 2018 :
    Then if you know the life cycle to be 6 month's before another is released, Then you must decide when to buy Yes its crappy but that's the way it's gonna go I personally would prefer 9 mouth gap and 3 year support but company's want / need the revenue to keep going hence short life cycle. For me support and Updates are better then worrying about a newer model then the current one you may own. At present OnePlus are spot on with updates December security path on one plus 3 to 5.. Keep up the good work guy's. But I think I'll wait this time for the T model to come out (Currently on the 5)

9. HughOSB Froyo Jan 2, 2018

HughOSB, Jan 2, 2018 :
    Having bought the OnPlus 5 I decided to trade in the OnePlus 3, which I dutifully factory reset and placed in its original box and securely packed within another box. Just today I received an email from Re-Teck with a revised offer of £0 with the one-word explanation "broken".

What a scam. Don't touch it with a barge pole. Thankfully the 5T is no real improvement over the 5, otherwise I would have been really annoyed with OnePlus.

10. Mishra Prakash Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

Mishra Prakash, Jan 2, 2018 :
    मैंने यह फोन लिया, परंतु समस्या आ रहीं है। दो दिनों से फोन करने के बाद नंबर लगा, परंतु कस्टमर केअर कार्य सही नहीं ह्रै। 22-12-2017 को यह मोबाईल लिया है। कृपया कुछ उपाय बताएँ।
    I have bought one plus 5T on 22/12/07 But i am facing this problem from the beginning. I called customer care service center, followed the procedure, but it didn't work.
    Please replace my mobile or solve my problem as early as possible. Now when I m calling ,they are not supporting me. My question is Why they have given 10 days return policy for India only and 15 to 30 days for other countries??? This rule was unknown to customer.
    Please help me.

11. Gamecool10 Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Gamecool10, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I mean, from a business standpoint, you want customers who consistently buy your newest products and one surefire way to do that is by encouraging them to upgrade to the newest... thing. A loyalty or trade-in program would do just that.

Of course, not everyone has that kind of money, but by having a program like that, I think OnePlus would make its loyal customers very happy.

12. NerdicEclipse Gingerbread Jan 4, 2018

NerdicEclipse, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Absolutely, unequivocally not. Jesus people. Once the T cycle started it is the same as the S model iPhones. It's a fact of life. If you want the T, don't buy the 5. Or 6. Or 7. We knew the T was coming, we knew almost to the most minute detail what it would be and roughly when it would launch. Anyone that bought the 5 and didn't do their research, that's on them. Hell, we knew exactly what the 5T would be almost to the letter before the 5 was even released.

Do you think Ford will give you a trade for a 2017 pickup because you bought it 3 months before the 2018 model launched? No. Literally no one does that, and they shouldn't. It's the buyer's responsibility to research what they are buying. If you don't like the phone for sale AS IS, don't buy it. Wait for one you do.

fazerboy0_3 likes this.
  13. nowshad123 Eclair Jan 5, 2018

nowshad123, Jan 5, 2018 :
    Don't get me wrong, I love my one plus 5. But Im quite jealous of OP5t. That display is just too good looking.

14. Punk_69 KitKat Jan 5, 2018

fazerboy0_3 likes this.
  15. eye842 Jelly Bean Jan 6, 2018

eye842, Jan 6, 2018 :
    A hurt butt takes time to heal.

A1514257269789 and Punk_69 like this.
  16. izzykasha Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

izzykasha, Jan 13, 2018 :
    I think if these phones were the price of iPhone X etc and apple were releasing a new phone every 6 months some sort of trade-in would be appropriate but not in this instance. You could get nearly 60% value for you phone if you upgraded every 6 months which means staying at the blending edge for $400-500 And have the latest model twice (please note I presume you have already made the initial $500 investment for the latest Oneplus 5T

So You sell you Oneplus 5T for roughly $300 in June and get the shiny Oneplus 6 for a difference of $200-$250 then sell you Oneplus 6 for $350 in December and get the shiny Oneplus 6T and the cycle continues

Much cheaper than most manufacturers to stay on top of the tree just whack $40 away each month into a savings account and bobs your uncle fannies your aunt.

Even if the newer phones increase more in value you already have you $480 saved away for the year

Just an idea I wonder if that’s the wort of program Oneplus would support - buy your initial phone then they get $40 a month and send you a newer phone every 6 months in exchange lol

17. suneel944 Eclair Jan 13, 2018

suneel944, Jan 13, 2018 :
    Atleast have some sense and don't decrease the update cycle instead prolong it....to a yearly basis atleast people who bought a flagship phone from you should not be disappointed that it ain't a flagship anymore after a new flagship release again in short span of time....

By far the yearly update is best for phone industry...

See the Apple industry releases new model every year...not twice a year....

Waiting creates curiosity and increases the buying potential...always play a game instead of too many model updates which oversaturates the market and brings sadness to previous/recently purchased flagship device owners....

Just like me hating the purchase of OnePlus 5 after seeing 5T getting launched after 3 months...so pissed...