[MEGA THREAD] OnePlus 5T Paint Chipping Issue

If your phone has paint chipping, are you using the official case, no case or other case?

1. No case

1 vote(s)
  2. official Oneplus case (not the one included)

6 vote(s)
  3. Included transparent case

6 vote(s)
  4. Other case (not made by oneplus)

1 vote(s)
  1. hypergamer1231 Froyo Jan 3, 2018

hypergamer1231, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Update : Oneplus service has replaced my back panel free of cost under warranrty. Please note : If you have the same issue and its just minor chipping, stop using the supplied case. you may contact service for a warranty replacement. But the replacement is subject to oneplus approval and dependent on how severe your chipping is.

Here's the first first video in which I described the issue :

Link removed by Moderator

Here's the follow up video with all the experience and how Oneplus helped me resolve the issue:

Link removed by Moderator

Please note : The posted videos are only to help and not for any kind of defamation or promotion.

Hello friends,

Like everyone else i am very happy with the Oneplus 5t. it's a brilliant device in every aspect but a few days back when i took my phone out of the official gel case to clean it up. i noticed that the paint is chipping off. after asking a few more users i noticed that not everyone has thus but there are more than a few units which are chipping paint.

I have approached Oneplus service for a warranty replacement and the response from them has been dissatisfying.

i have made a video on this with the proof and with all the details.

watch the pictures and please check if you have the same issue. if yes then please reply to ) this thread guys.

thank you

As of now here's the list of people having this issue. Other names will be added as they reply to this thread. Everyone with this issue please post pictures for better understanding.

1) hypergamer1231
    2) G_Hardik_Patel_RZql
    3) walinxt
    4) Jajju
    5) G_Neeraj_T_jpsF
    6) karthickarvind
    7) NUCM_DH
    8) Ravikiran a
    9) adamo86

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As a practice I would request everyone to copy the list of names listed above add your name to the list and put that in your posts so that as the thread grows we can have the accurate number of phones affected. Also it would be a great help if you can post a pic of your phone with the chipping area so that we can notify Oneplus about the same.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018

2. G_Hardik_Patel_RZql Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Damonp87, rasulkhan7, Hafsaa and 13 others like this.
  3. G_Hardik_Patel_RZql Eclair Jan 3, 2018

G_Hardik_Patel_RZql, Jan 3, 2018 :
    i have same issue as shown in the video i like the apperance of my phone vey much and i am not intreseted in any kind of skin but i have to use cover provided by oneplus for safety concerns.
    oneplus should look in to it

Damonp87, bvotje, ChrisFR06 and 4 others like this.
  4. F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY, Jan 3, 2018 :
    No issues here. Using provided cover for about a month.

It should be said that I do not carry the phone in a pair of tight pants pockets.

5. Naveedkazi Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

Naveedkazi, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Just remove the affiliate links to buy the oneplus 5 T from your channel when you are asking not to buy. And yes I am facing the similar issues for my oneplus 3T.

6. G_Hardik_Patel_RZql Eclair Jan 3, 2018

G_Hardik_Patel_RZql, Jan 3, 2018 :
    we have several 5Ts in our friend circle with various user using official and aftermarket covers but everyone have faced this issue.

7. walinxt Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

walinxt, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I'm facing the same problem since 1 month of buying my oneplus 5, i don kn service center will replace my phone back cover or not, i din ask them thinking they won't.

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  8. O1514822293757 Jelly Bean Jan 3, 2018

O1514822293757, Jan 3, 2018 :
    he wants to earn money on his negative posts too

9. HarishJajju Froyo Jan 3, 2018

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  10. NUCM_DH Froyo Jan 3, 2018

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  11. pkair Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

pkair, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Doesn't look like paint is coming off to me. Looks like just dried out water marks or something. I have been using my OP5T for about a month and no issues with chips or anything related to the back cover. Also he showed only one side and not around. Providing links to buy OP5T while saying dont buy it is strange enough already. I think he is just trying to get subscribers to his YouTube channels :D

12. NUCM_DH Froyo Jan 3, 2018

NUCM_DH, Jan 3, 2018 :
    same bro

M3ntoR96 likes this.
  13. G_Mr_aNfL Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 3, 2018

G_Mr_aNfL, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Hi just wondering what parts of the world do the nine mentioned in your thread come from.
    That might break down the location of the (maybe) defective batch of devices.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  14. G_Neeraj_T_jpsF Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

15. NUCM_DH Froyo Jan 3, 2018

NUCM_DH, Jan 3, 2018 :
    i got scratches on the antenna line from day one use, and i read that the antenna lines are made up of plastic so it gets scratched easily and even in bottom antenna line there are scuffs its because of using charger

16. NUCM_DH Froyo Jan 3, 2018

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  17. NUCM_DH Froyo Jan 3, 2018

NUCM_DH, Jan 3, 2018 :
    i have ocd problem i usually dont use products with scratches if it has one it really makes me go crazy

18. F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

G_Akash_VT_LTSE likes this.
  19. NUCM_DH Froyo Jan 3, 2018

Damonp87, kart2424 and TheMindy2011 like this.
  20. izzykasha Jelly Bean Jan 3, 2018

izzykasha, Jan 3, 2018 :
    this seems to be the age old problem, people put their phone in a case and just wipe the visible side of the phone(the screen) not realising any case for the back is not air tight.

particles of dust/sort get in the back and daily use and a non air tight case means they run and cause marks.

case off, wipe, case on regularly or accept the odd scratch

Damonp87, motanes, ChrisFR06 and 3 others like this.