Looking for Feedback! What are your favorite OxygenOS Oreo Features?

1. Gary C. OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jan 8, 2018

Gary C., Jan 8, 2018 :
    Looking for Feedback! What are your favorite OxygenOS Oreo Features?.jpg

Hi everyone,

Before we get started, we’d like to wish you all a happy New Year!

Let’s get 2018 off to a tasty start! Thanks to our Open Beta Program, Android O is now available on the OnePlus 3, 3T, 5, and 5T. Official Builds of Oreo have already been rolled out to OnePlus 3, 3T, and 5 users, with the OnePlus 5T release set to follow soon. If you’ve had the chance to take our latest software updates for a spin, we’d love to hear from you. Your feedback helps us make our software better.

To make sharing your feedback even easier, we’ve whipped up a little survey. But first, let's take a look at some of the best new features found in the latest version of Android O.
    • Notification Dots
    Do you, like us, tend to lose track of your notifications? Android O is here to help with new Notification Dots. If you’ve got a notification waiting for you in one of your apps, a little dot will appear near the top right corner of the app icon. Once you’ve cleared the notification, or removed it from your notification bar, the dot will also disappear.​

Notification-Dots.jpg
    • App Shortcuts
    The new long-press feature allows you to quickly use specific app features instantly. For instance, you can long-press the Gmail icon to jump right into a new email. We adapted the original Android feature and re-designed the UI and UX to ensure compatibility with the design of OxygenOS.​

App-Shortcuts.jpg
    • New Camera UI Design
    In previous versions of our camera UI, you had to swipe right to open the options menu, which contained the slow motion, pro mode and time-lapse tools, as well as the settings menu. This gesture proved a little challenging when using your phone with one hand. To make the experience more intuitive, you can now access the options menu by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.​

upload_2018-1-8_17-35-27.png
    • Beauty Filter for Portrait Mode
    On top of the depth-of-field effect you’re familiar with, Portrait Mode is becoming even more flexible thanks a new ‘Beauty Filter’ feature. Selfie lovers are probably familiar with our Beauty Filter, which gently fades uneven spots and blemishes for a fairer photo. If our Beauty Filter isn’t for you, feel free to disable it on the lower right corner of Portrait Mode.​

Beauty-Filter-for-Portrait-Mode.jpg
    • Places tab for viewing photos on a map
    We're always looking for new ways and features to offer our users more benefits. The new Places tab found in our gallery app makes it easy to sort your favorite travel memories, by recording where you've been and what you've seen. Can’t find this option? Make sure "Store location data" is enabled in camera settings.​

Places-tab-for-viewing-photos-on-a-map.jpg
    • New Quick Setting Layout
    To offer more quick setting options, we adjusted the layout of the quick setting bar, updating the number of displayed quick setting icons to 12. This layout is a little more compact than the previous one, but it should be more convenient.​

New-Quick-Setting-Layout.jpg

What do you think of these features found in OxygenOS Oreo? Feel free to leave your thoughts in this survey so that we can do better in the future: https://goo.gl/forms/g4Bs1l9QmXzzKgmU2

Never Settle.

axiel7, kamal.kv, Acyd and 218 others like this.
  2. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Jan 8, 2018

dsmonteiro, Jan 8, 2018 :
    Substratum support (even if not officially) is my favorite feature.

Finally I can have the red on black theme people have been asking for ages.

3. smartbuddy Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2018

4. Gary C. OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jan 8, 2018

Gary C., Jan 8, 2018 :
    More theme(accent colors) are on the way. ;)

5. skgcruzr Froyo Jan 8, 2018

skgcruzr, Jan 8, 2018 :
    WHY DONT WE HAVE ANY MORE OF THE ONEPLUS ICON PACKS???????? FONTS ARE ALSO TWO ..I USE OP5

6. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 8, 2018

youbi, Jan 8, 2018 :
    For me probably this is my favorite, and I'm sure most of those that come from IOS will feel it too. :D Finaly I don't need an external launcher to get this, and the way its done in Oreo is much more elegant than what happens with IOS, where you may end up getting a 1000 tag of emails to read next to the icon. :p

The other one probably its the password manager, its always a better way to manage that sort of stuff. :sweatsmile:

Now you can finally have your op5T Benfica edition. :D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018

7. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 8, 2018

youbi, Jan 8, 2018 :
    Well, since you are screaming I'm sure they will do it immediately... :confused::oops:

Please avoid the use of caps lock on a public forum, it will look like you are screaming with everyone. ;)

Besides that, you do know that there's a cool thing called play store, I'm sure you will find the icons you want there. :p ;)

8. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Jan 8, 2018

dsmonteiro, Jan 8, 2018 :
    Your caps lock is broken. You can install icon packs from the play store. OnePlus is already providing you with a few free ones.

9. Plueeee Eclair Jan 8, 2018

Plueeee, Jan 8, 2018 :
    Yo can we have like an option to enable/disable removing notification on the notification bar would not remove notification dots?

I mean even after we swipe clear the notification from the notification bar, the dots will remain as long as we haven't read them. Can u guys make an option for that in the setting?

I would like to still be reminded that i have a notification in case i accidentally swipe clear notification from the bar or i was just having a fight with my gf that i swipe them without reading them on the notification bar.

10. skgcruzr Froyo Jan 8, 2018

skgcruzr, Jan 8, 2018 :
    I want ONEPLUS design ones

Makova and M1515663423981 like this.
  11. G_sumit_Chitroda_IWhJ Cupcake Jan 8, 2018

G_sumit_Chitroda_IWhJ, Jan 8, 2018 :
    how did you do it?

M1515663423981, 29082201 and SennahoJ like this.
  12. Punk_69 KitKat Jan 8, 2018

Punk_69, Jan 8, 2018 :
    The main one being substratum support, it's my favorite!!!
    Now my phone looks the coolest among my friends' phones...

Which most of the oneplus 3/3t users are requesting... I have a list of stuff to ask too, but that's for later.
    Now, I'm tired of using the buggy apks from apkmirror for my oneplus 3.

It sure is good, and easier to switch on/off stuff, but in dark mode, the grey background is ugly... Thanks to substratum I've made it black.

One of my favorite, too, easier to open specific stuff!! ;)

Another thing which I noticed is that the battery life improved, be it a little, but it did!

Happy beta tester

13. Punk_69 KitKat Jan 8, 2018

Punk_69, Jan 8, 2018 :
    Stop Yelling, please

Makova, stebo02, Chrobin and 12 others like this.
  14. G_Sylar_IQ_PzPd Cupcake Jan 8, 2018

G_Sylar_IQ_PzPd, Jan 8, 2018 :
    i hope you put option on Notification Dots

to change its color and change it to number not just dots

15. skgcruzr Froyo Jan 8, 2018

16. Punk_69 KitKat Jan 8, 2018

Punk_69, Jan 8, 2018 :
    Why not Google it, YouTube has demo videos too.

otto2 and Salt505 like this.
  17. xythiii Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2018

xythiii, Jan 8, 2018 :
    oneplus 3t

1. flash on front camera
    2. portrait mode if possible...
    3. audio equalizer, atom or viper
    4. double tap to sleep
    5. better battery life

18. Shiva_Kumar_Sam Froyo Jan 8, 2018

Shiva_Kumar_Sam, Jan 8, 2018 :
    feature that one plus is providing is good and I would like some more feature just like Oreo official from Google

19. G_Yunish_Sharma_xlPn Froyo Jan 8, 2018

otto2 likes this.
  20. tankbusternbiscuit Froyo Jan 8, 2018

tankbusternbiscuit, Jan 8, 2018 :
    I'm probably not the only one, but I think quick settings were better in Android 7.1.1 nougat.
    The current quick settings in Oreo are simply TOGGLES, NOT QUICK SETTINGS!!
    They are simple switches with on/off ,whereas Android's quick settings are supposed to work both as an on/off switch and a mini settings menu which is not present in the new oxygen os.

In the quick settings , pressing the text beneath the icon should open the menu whereas the icon should toggle the switch on/off.

If wanna check out what it should be like then here's the link:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcqV5tA06L0