Let's talk about Wireless Charging

1. Justin Yap Cupcake Nov 20, 2017

Justin Yap, Nov 20, 2017 :
    still prefers old way wire charging , big battery like 4500mAh or 5000mAh with new dash charging technology !!

2. gtoussai Cupcake Nov 20, 2017

gtoussai, Nov 20, 2017 :
    I hope wireless charging for Oneplus 6!
    With Qi wireless charging the Oneplus 5t would be perfect!

3. mopsRS Eclair Nov 20, 2017

mopsRS, Nov 20, 2017 :
    I like charging with cable.

but i'm not a Power User.

OnePlus Dash Powerbank would be fine.

for the Power Users and travelers. they could Charge in der Pocket very fast :)

4. Y1508211487319 Froyo Nov 26, 2017

5. TonLove69 Cupcake Nov 28, 2017

6. neeraj1715 Cupcake Nov 29, 2017

neeraj1715, Nov 29, 2017 :
    Dash Charging is the way to go. Wireless Charging is a luxury rather than a necessity, and to implement wireless charging, I'm really weary of the glass back.
    OnePlus always ticks the check boxes when it comes to basics(Headphone jack :p), they surely should maintain these qualities in future handsets too.

Sam Mane likes this.
  7. Scieby Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

Scieby, Nov 30, 2017 :
    I suggest that wireless charging is the best.Oneplus should also provide module for wireless charging for all OnePlus devices

8. callmejohn32 Eclair Dec 1, 2017

callmejohn32, Dec 1, 2017 :
    I have a wireless charging pad built into my car and I used it very often on my old phone. Its way better than the cable management in the car.

9. Amit 1+3t Donut Dec 1, 2017

Amit 1+3t, Dec 1, 2017 :
    after updating in Oreo....

my OnePlus 3T..... isn't responding well...

camera performance sucks

battery draining issue

unable to focus on object

capacitive button...not working properly...

10. Sam Mane Cupcake Dec 2, 2017

Sam Mane, Dec 2, 2017 :
    they are serving 150meter long wire now

11. moizaphenom Donut Dec 5, 2017

moizaphenom, Dec 5, 2017 :
    if the charging is not as fast as dash charge...I don't want my phones back turning into glass for stupid wireless charging.

12. G_jatin_sachdeva_vXuX Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

G_jatin_sachdeva_vXuX, Dec 5, 2017 :
    evryone want to add wireless charging but not want to quit from dash charging. i think they should make a combination of these technolodgy

13. Thomas Burel Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

Thomas Burel, Dec 5, 2017 :
    I used the wireless charging with 3 lumia. I think it's perfect for professional use when you let your phone on a Dock permanently because it's slow or burn your hand. In lumia, they kept the USB charging so it was a plus. I'm happy of the dash charge but will it destroy the battery faster?

14. F_Petar_Stoyanov_jsSh Eclair Dec 5, 2017

F_Petar_Stoyanov_jsSh, Dec 5, 2017 :
    Wireless sounds fancy, but this Dash Charging is amazing... I had wireless charger on another phone, used it few times and forgot about it.

To go wireless you need glassy and plastic back of the phone and that's equal to easily breakable. I would prefer my phone to always have a metal back... But that's me... pedal to the metal [e]270c[/e]️[e]1f604[/e]

I think if you guys give a hint to customers and have lime a small poll on what people want in next phone... I'd say for me it's going to be a better camera, fixed and polished OS and get that water proofing. And done. perfect phone.

Thanks for sharing

15. aayushop Donut Dec 5, 2017

16. jhnversion1 Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

jhnversion1, Dec 6, 2017 :
    I can't believe I read all 20 pages on this thread haha. I just wanted to provide my 2 cents on wireless charging to give a different perspective. I was drawn to purchasing the OP5t coming from my iPhone 8. No preference on OS, just wanted something new. I'm currently debating whether to get the OP5t or wait for the S9. While I love the price point of the 5t, one of the features I really like with my iPhone 8 is wireless charging. I don't look at wireless charging as a way to remove cords, but rather a way to keep your phone topped off at all times. I work at a desk and really like the fact I can just throw my phone on a pad while I'm working and when I need to look at it, pick it up then when I'm finished put it back down. As a result, my phone hardly dips below 90 percent.

I can see the benefits of dash charging if you're never in one place for an extended period of time or if you're a student, but for me, sitting at a desk for more 8-12 hours, it's much easier to keep my phone on a pad. Not saying one style of charging is better than the other, but just a preferred lifestyle I suppose.

17. G_puneet_madaan_cJpf Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

G_puneet_madaan_cJpf, Dec 6, 2017 :
    I love dash charging . but I love
    would like if one plus give more advance thechology in wireless charging as campare to dash charging.

18. G_Gaurav_Rawat_itmj Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

G_Gaurav_Rawat_itmj, Dec 7, 2017 :
    we don't need wireless charging until it's super convenient like Bluetooth speaker... I mean what good is wireless charging if you still need to keep it in one place... it's like a laptop but it's desktop.!!!

19. F_Ivan_Lloyd_Tccd Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

F_Ivan_Lloyd_Tccd, Dec 7, 2017 :
    Technology evolves over the time, but it's about choosing the best technology. I think dash charger is the best and it gives more freedom, you can use it while playing around the device. But wireless concept may stop you. and you can't carry wireless pad into you car. could you ?

20. F_Mayank_Dhami_4 Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

F_Mayank_Dhami_4, Dec 7, 2017 :
    from my opinion wireless charging is not at use full it's better to have a power bank pod spec cause you cant use your phone while using wireless charger.