Join our OnePlus 5T AMA now!

1. anupritaisno1 Jelly Bean Dec 10, 2017

anupritaisno1, Dec 10, 2017 :
    I've eaten ice-cream with my nose but never with my forehead
    I will defend oneplus because you're fighting over something when it was already made clear you won't be getting it

And if you argue you should expect us to counter your statements because you were never promised treble by oneplus

Cheetosdust likes this.
  2. F_Naci_Aslandogan_UgjC Donut Dec 11, 2017

F_Naci_Aslandogan_UgjC, Dec 11, 2017 :
    Its a lie.
    1. It wouldn't require any form of formating because they can create a partition sdf6 with the size 1,4gb+ on the sdf flashdrive. You can check the sdf partitions and see that there is unpartitioned & unused space
    2. It is not possible to change partition layout over ota, so they lied again or really dont know what they are talking about!
    3. We just need a tool from oneplus that creates partition sdf6 for vendor and an additional ota that will fill that partition with the required treble rady vendor files. Thats really all (it wouldnt even require a wipe of the other sdf partitions as the space that we need for vendor is unpartitioned yet and empty.)

The best thing is that this empty unpartitioned 1,4gb+ space is present on 3/3t/5/5t it would be really stupid if they dont use this opportunity. Please share this information!!!
    Dont give up! I know we cannot force them & it's thair choice. But something is clearly wrong. And most people don't see it.

In addition to this we also have even another alternative to get treble working:

phhusson:
    "and please don't forget that it's possible to have a separate vendor partition without repartitioning using my https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/blob/master/no-vendor/README

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017

brunox54, G_plusone and JayXT like this.
  3. G_plusone KitKat Dec 11, 2017

G_plusone, Dec 11, 2017 :
    Could We know Why there is extra Usable Memory available on the Beta than the Stable ROM atleast for the 3/3T.
    I am not sure about the 5 having an increased available of a few Gigs of extra storage on the Beta

4. PTuT Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2017

PTuT, Dec 15, 2017 :
    It would be nice to see this support being upgraded to level 1 for OP5/5T and 3/3T.

5. T1511276210626 Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

T1511276210626, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Do not disturb problem
    I started using my 1+ 5t few days ago and there is a very big problem: when I set the do not disturb mode with the slider all the notification and calls are muted but there is no way I can set the system volume to 0% in fact I can still hear the sound of the phone blocking and the sound o a taken picture. in vibrating mode everything works fine. even with third volume control app I can reach a minum value in the system volume of 10%
    does anybody has a solution?

6. Juantechnologypr Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

Juantechnologypr, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Greetings, Everyone talks about the Project Treble but nobody talks about the fact that there has not been an update for the HD problem on Netflix. Where is that and what will they do because all Oneplus have the same problem? It is easier to repair than an additional partition and have not done anything about it. They are years with the problem and nothing!

7. E1511740970768 Gingerbread Dec 26, 2017

E1511740970768, Dec 26, 2017 :
    My question is ur releasing a update to fix the op5t camera to fix the oily picture effect on the camera yet the op5 has the same issue will that also get the update to fix the camera as multidue of people have the same issue regarding the camera on the op5

8. VANKUDOTH_PREMKUMAR Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

9. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Dec 29, 2017

dsmonteiro, Dec 29, 2017 :
    Seems like you decided rather quickly:

Snapdragon-845-Leaked-Phone-List.jpg

Allegedly.

Hige and robinsc like this.
  10. JoltingGuy Cupcake Dec 30, 2017

JoltingGuy, Dec 30, 2017 :
    I'm sorry Oneplus even if that is true that is not the only reason you are doing it. You guys could implement an expiremental build for those 15K people with Treble and that expiremental would get rid of your warranty, etc. I think 95% of those signatures would be willing to brick their device. If that is the only true reason you are doing it put an expiremental build avaliable with Project Treble and then and only then I will buy a OP5T.

bhowes likes this.
  11. robinsc Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

robinsc, Dec 31, 2017 :
    partitoning is a software thing. No cost involved here .

bhowes likes this.
  12. bhowes Cupcake Jan 5, 2018

bhowes, Jan 5, 2018 :
    My next phone was going to be a oneplus 5t. But until the latest android 8.1 and monthly security patch cadence matches google or treble is introduced I will not buy into any phone that isn't running the same software version as pixel 2 (or current google). If I'm going to deal with a vendor without treble my list right now is pretty much Samsung whom I'd rather not solicit. I'd rather give money to oneplus but not without keeping up with latest android. i have older phones with AOSP that work perfect with AOSP, I don't see why treble or keeping the software up to date is such a big issue.
    When I shop for phones I automatically disqualify phones that don't come out of the package with the latest android revision. Having run android phones since 1.5 days, I've never seen vendors update phones the way google updates theirs. my nexus 5x is more up to date than oneplus 5t. think about that. phone was mfg in 2015

13. robinsc Gingerbread Jan 5, 2018

14. G1513620284621 Cupcake Jan 6, 2018

G1513620284621, Jan 6, 2018 :
    I have same doubt...

15. G_Matt_London_DPVK Cupcake Jan 9, 2018

16. Bullo Oka Honeycomb Jan 10, 2018

Bullo Oka, Jan 10, 2018 :
    1515555507363.jpg

1515555538491.jpg
    first secondary, second primary.
    check and zoom, which one is clearer.

Attached Files:

G_Matt_London_DPVK likes this.
  17. G_Jessie_Tomich_izOb Donut Jan 13, 2018

G_Jessie_Tomich_izOb, Jan 13, 2018 :
    Your taking about a Google sponsored phone. No phone other than an iPhone will get rapid updates like the Nexus/pixel devices right now. Trebel wants to change that but not much implementation has happened yet. Get over it, move on.

18. G_Matt_London_DPVK Cupcake Jan 13, 2018

19. Bullo Oka Honeycomb Jan 13, 2018

Bullo Oka, Jan 13, 2018 :
    what do you mean, I'm bad in english.
    can't properly understand what you trying to say.

20. Android-Andi Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2018 at 11:23 PM

Android-Andi, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:23 PM :
    devices can brick due to a simple repartitioning sure, but: how on earth do you update bootloader which is actually dangerous? because if something goes wrong in the middle of it, the device really will get bricked.

but a repartition doesn't even touch bootloader, which can always recreate the partitions.

the conclusion for all of this is easy to understand: you'll will not do it because you want to gather money selling devices. Simple.

You knew Treble is coming since a long time now, you planned things accordingly (like not adding a vendor partition)... Never again OnePlus.