?

Is the OP5 the OP2 of 2017?

1. Yes

35.4%
  2. No

64.6%
  1. sharan.salem Gingerbread Aug 6, 2017

sharan.salem, Aug 6, 2017 :
    Yes, OP team indeed rush up in launching OP5 i guess. No other phone in history would have received these many bug fix updates in the initial stages of its sales i guess. But i should appreciate that they are showing their concern, fixing up issues. But still it's not professional rushing up things, I mean it's better to launch a perfect and stable device a bit late than going through all these criticism. I'm really looking forward for camera performance enhancements. Seriously, with all the best in class hardware put in this device i think it should render much better pics.

Peace
    [e]270c[/e]️

waldwolf likes this.
  2. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2017

waldwolf, Aug 6, 2017 :
    You forgot to add the emoji :rolleyes: at the end of your post. :)

3. gdefilippis Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2017

gdefilippis, Aug 6, 2017 :
    Fixed [e]1f601[/e]

4. G_Pranoy_Chakraborty_AzY Cupcake Aug 6, 2017

5. surya2002 Cupcake Aug 6, 2017

6. EcoVB Honeycomb Aug 6, 2017

EcoVB, Aug 6, 2017 :
    Well, I wouldn't say that the OP5 is as big a disappointment as the OP2. The OP5 could have been the perfect flagshipkiller 2017 with ease, were it not for the missing details like OIS for a perfect camera or the "not-so-high-resolution" of the display, or....well, an original design.
    I think the biggest problem is with OnePlus itself, since they have appearently abandoned their marketing policy and raised both, price and expectations, too high this year.

waldwolf likes this.
  7. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2017

waldwolf, Aug 6, 2017 :
    Not surprising, as the iPhone 6 was released early September 2014, about 3 months after the first OPO.

8. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2017

waldwolf, Aug 6, 2017 :
    What/whom don't you agree with? o_O

9. EcoVB Honeycomb Aug 6, 2017

EcoVB, Aug 6, 2017 :
    I agree, I'm just pretty flabbergasted when I think about what OP could achieve with the OPO, which they had built basically completely without experience and ressources, in comparison to now, there they are a big name in the smartphone industry. :oops:

10. G_Pranoy_Chakraborty_AzY Cupcake Aug 6, 2017

11. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2017

waldwolf, Aug 6, 2017 :
    I wouldn't call the;
    Camera
    Screen
    Modem
    OS​
    insignificant areas.

12. G_Prashant_Pillai_VklC Froyo Aug 6, 2017

G_Prashant_Pillai_VklC, Aug 6, 2017 :
    The OP5 is a great phone if you(like me) are coming over from a different company's device or a pre OP3 device. It is just an incremental upgrade over the 3/3T which is the reason why it will not be enjoyed much by that particular section of the users. But then again, it was specifically stated by many mainstream YouTube reviewers that if you own a OP3/3T there isn't a need for you to upgrade.
    I have been using mine for a week and haven't encountered any wi-fi connectivity, 4G stability or battery drain issues.
    Yes the Jelly-scroll effect is there, but it is just as overhyped as the dual camera set-up camera on the back.
    The camera by no means is bad (some people here apparently need to be taught that overhyped and bad are two very different words). I have clicked many satisfying and pleasing pics on it.
    But I just think OP went overboard with all the collaboration with DXO and the "Dual Camera. Clearer Photos" everywhere you set your eyes on.
    I am happy with my OP5. The phone works exceptionally well and is blazing fast when it comes to the performance.
    All in all, as a standalone device the OP5 is great. Bring the OP3/3T into the frame and it will lose some of it's credibility. But it's still better than what the OP2 was as a device.

13. Arjun Singh Dhillon Gingerbread Aug 11, 2017

14. franciscoherrera84 Froyo Aug 13, 2017

franciscoherrera84, Aug 13, 2017 :
    Drink that OP Kool aid!

15. franciscoherrera84 Froyo Aug 13, 2017

franciscoherrera84, Aug 13, 2017 :
    This is exactly why I dont trust opinion s like yours. You have not used a single other OP device so you have no perspective of what a good device from them is. Even the OP X was a better phone than the OP5. The OPO and OP3 and 3T were all far superior offerings without some stupid design compromise like inverted screens and gimmicky cameras.

16. zingchar Eclair Aug 13, 2017

zingchar, Aug 13, 2017 :
    it's not a flop at all. I agree there is a lot of room more improvements which I am sure they do with future updates. no phone is perfect all have something or the other to hate about.

17. G_Abhijit_Mukherjee_JrBP Froyo Aug 13, 2017

G_Abhijit_Mukherjee_JrBP, Aug 13, 2017 :
    One Plus 5 is not a flop, to the contrary it is a fantastic phone. The people who laid so much hate on the OP5 are probably the people who cannot afford the OP5.

These are the people who want a 60K INR(900 $) phone for a price of 20k INR( 300 $)

Sorry to disappoint you folks but there are no free lunches.

I have absolutely no problems with the OP5 and despite trying my best to find flaws, I cannot seem to spot even a single one. This might just be the best Android I have ever used.

18. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2017

waldwolf, Aug 13, 2017 :
    We're happy to hear your OP5 is running smoothly.

However, the "hate" you refer to are acknowledged problems many early OP5 buyers were experiencing. Problems with the camera, modem, screen, etc., which Oneplus Support addressed or are in the process of addressing, with OS updates.

I personally respect the comments of members who have lived thru 'birthing' problems of the OPO, OPX, OP2, OP3, OP3T and early OP5's. Early "adopters" are the people who made Oneplus what it is today. They deserve our respect and thanks.

I hope you will agree.

19. veda2810 Gingerbread Aug 13, 2017

veda2810, Aug 13, 2017 :
    I have both the op2 and the op5 ....I don't think either of them are bad...my op2 is still going strong .. and the camera on it is really good ..!

I agree the op5's camera could be a bit for the money we are shelling out ....but on the whole it's been really great using the device .

20. G_Abhijit_Mukherjee_JrBP Froyo Aug 13, 2017

G_Abhijit_Mukherjee_JrBP, Aug 13, 2017 :
    I will be brutally honest with you. To me OP1, OP2, OPX were all bad devices. They all had one or two major flaws that I simply could not overlook. OP1 and OP2 had really pathetic displays( in terms of quality not resolution) and OPX had pathetic battery life. The only reason people in India(my country) bought these phones because they offered same specs(on paper) as top manufacturers but at half the price.

One Plus is evolving as a company and is increasingly focussing on the holistic user experience instead of somehow bundling high end specs into a low price package( like they did with the OP1/2/X). The OP3T and the OP5 are testaments to this very fact.

But everything comes at a cost and in my opinion the people who aren't willing to pay that cost and are looking for the same old "high end specs in a low price package" are the ones who would be dissapointed the most. One Plus 5 is the most refined phone that One Plus has produced yet and I would I like One Plus to relentlessly pursue that very refinement.

Cheers!