?

Is the OP5 the OP2 of 2017?

1. Yes

35.4%
  2. No

64.6%
  1. srb034 Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

srb034, Aug 2, 2017 :
    The amount of hate for OP5 is astonishing. The hype for OP5 was almost as bad as the hype for OP2 and it was received just as bad as the OP2. The OPO, 3 and 3T were major hits while OP2 and OP5 are flops. It seems that it jumps years between two good and bad. So, what do you think? Will/is OP5 suffering the same fate as OP2 and will it be abandoned by OP for support just as fast as OP2? Vote!

2. TenNewt Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

3. iamelton Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

iamelton, Aug 2, 2017 :
    OP5 is, at least, a controversial device with 50-50 partition among commentators (not necessarily owners since there are fanboys & hatelads who are simply non-owners talking trash)..

and OP2 is, honestly, a disaster commonly agreed..

4. xland Froyo Aug 2, 2017

xland, Aug 2, 2017 :
    Don't know whether the OP5 really is a flop! Only OP could tell from sales figures...

I think their marketing built expectations that were hard to meet in real life and there are still some things to fix,primarily on the camera SW side and hopefully it will be fixed (specifically the over sharpening and absurd compression of some of the images leading to blurred details).

Another thing is that mainly on this forum I find a lot extreme positions - positive as well as negative. By unspoken consensus the positive ones are fanboys which leaves the negative ones and thus a negative impression remains, but I sincerely doubt its the impression of the majority of OP5 users out there.

Just my 2 cent :)

5. davepatterson2611 Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2017

davepatterson2611, Aug 2, 2017 :
    Wouldn't call it a flop, but the luke warm reception to the much touted camera didn't help matters. Also the pricetag whilst being lower than others is steadily rising, almost the Nexus effect

6. srb034 Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

srb034, Aug 2, 2017 :
    I did, very closely...Facebook, Twitter, this forum, YouTube comments...its easily 75% negative.

lostLambda likes this.
  7. varma246 KitKat Aug 2, 2017

gkl.drgireesh likes this.
  8. TenNewt Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

TenNewt, Aug 2, 2017 :
    I agree that OP2 was a flop in many aspects, but then OP5 just has some minor issues and its their best flagship till now (As per their info).... So its support will be there for a long time just as OP3/3T

9. iamelton Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

iamelton, Aug 2, 2017 :
    of the 3 OP5 owners (including me and other two whom i introduced into the world of OP.. OP5 in particular) i know, the average score on this device is 9 out of 10..

well, my experience cannot represent the majority since thats only a small sample space.. just thought i would share it anyhow..

10. srb034 Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

srb034, Aug 2, 2017 :
    "As per their info" - Their info means nothing, OP has proven time and time again that they're very dishonest and create fake hype all the time. As far as "minor issues"; I've seen some pretty horrible, incontestable things from people that OnePlus responded and called it a "feature", most of which is the jelly screen. There is a video on YouTube where one person did a Twitter feed in slow motion holding the phone normally and upside down and the upside down looks sooo much better than holding it in proper position which goes to prove that OP did in fact install the screen upside down to mimic iPhone interface.

franciscoherrera84 likes this.
  11. TenNewt Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

TenNewt, Aug 2, 2017 :
    What ? Put their screens Upside Down to mimic iPhone interface ? I didn't get you... there is no link between these sentences, and secondly, I don't find any major issue which is present in OP5... Yes the jelly screen effect is a mistake on their part, but its not noticeable and some units Don't even have it... Yes if you sit and closely notice Jelly Screen and hype about it, then its totally a different case.

12. srb034 Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

srb034, Aug 2, 2017 :
    Make up your mind man, is it a mistake on their part or if you sit closely you'll notice it or some units don't even have it? You can't have all 3, they are mutually exclusive. Here's some links for you since you asked for them:
    Link 1: https://www.xda-developers.com/conf...ay-upside-down-likely-reason-jelly-scrolling/

Link 2:

13. TenNewt Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

TenNewt, Aug 2, 2017 :
    You still didn't get me...

1. How can they mimic iPhone Interface by putting the display Upside down...
    2. My main Aim was to say that putting the display upside down was their mistake, but you still can't notice the jelly effect in daily life usage, if you sit and closely see the screen while scrolling only then you can see it.

Franck Gut. likes this.
  14. Budruel Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

Budruel, Aug 2, 2017 :
    You're just an envious troll who does not have op5. And you would like to have it. Buy a cliff

15. srb034 Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

srb034, Aug 2, 2017 :
    Envious troll? LOL, ok...
    Seems to me like you're a butthurt fanboy more than anything else.

16. Budruel Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

Budruel, Aug 2, 2017 :
    Simply op5 works amazingly well. You do not know what you're talking about, and the bitterness you have is disgusting. I also have op2 and it works fine. So stop picking up crap that's for the only thing you've come here for. Bye

17. jonathanlyng Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

jonathanlyng, Aug 2, 2017 :
    have an OP5, great device 9/10 too.

I'm not affected by jelly effect

I'm reminding you all that the jelly effect only affects people, devices just have the screen put upside down.
    People are just too used to a refresh going from top to bottom and their brains compensate the distortion that happens when scrolling on those devices ( yes, there is a distortion too in correctly oriented screens).

some brains can adapt and compensate when the refresh direction reverses. some don't.

But ALL lcd, ips, oled, crt screens refresh in a direction, thus have a jelly effect.

18. harshitjos Cupcake Aug 2, 2017

harshitjos, Aug 2, 2017 :
    The thing is the amount of hype oneplus five was able to create. I don't know why people compare it with Samsung S8. Guys look at the price difference!
    Its a decent phone with value for money.

19. Arthi Prabu Eclair Aug 2, 2017

20. meatandy Marshmallow Aug 2, 2017

meatandy, Aug 2, 2017 :
    I believe it is , yes.
    Nothing like walking the line on that one.:p
    Almost everyone I know from the forum has balked at the buying the op5 or has already returned it within the 15 window.