Introducing the OnePlus 5

1. Amit Panigrahi Eclair Jul 6, 2017

Amit Panigrahi, Jul 6, 2017 :
    hey Carl. Pls improve the Dialer by adding a video calling option to it. I love OnePlus but why such a silly feature that even present in lower end phones is missing in OnePlus lineup. Hope OnePlus team ll look after it.

2. vishiz Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

3. G_Amedius_Remedios_iysN Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

G_Amedius_Remedios_iysN, Jul 7, 2017 :
    I have attached OTG...directly to the phone..and enjoying further 128 gb storage ...works like a SD card.

4. Astar1993 Froyo Jul 7, 2017

Astar1993, Jul 7, 2017 :
    For a company which started from a community and gained its popularity because it listened to its community the negative news which oneplus is getting after releasing oneplus 5 is disheartening for millions of oneplus fans and users. Atleast they should accept their mistakes rather than blaming it on others. Performance wise oneplus 5 is top notch but the hype about the camera is seem to be a marketing gimmick and the fact that the jello effect exist on oneplus 5 still oneplus is blaming it on users. As oneplus fans,community members and users we should speak out aloud to oneplus to look back its history which made it the company it is now. Do you guyz agree with me???

5. TheRealShaf Gingerbread Jul 7, 2017

6. imattv4 Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2017

imattv4, Jul 7, 2017 :
    Agreed. The games were always a OnePlus thing, but after the OP2, they spiraled out of control. What we are seeing from OnePlus is just astounding. Excuses, scams, manipulation, lies. It's sad, really.. When Pete said they didn't have resources to go bezel-less, he wasn't lying, BUT what he actually meant by "resources" was that OnePlus got yelled at by their parents, got grounded, and had no choice but to play in the mud to make the higher ups happy, and to do so, were only budgeted for a cheap clone knockoff.

7. wallis k Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

8. meatandy Marshmallow Jul 7, 2017

meatandy, Jul 7, 2017 :
    You're a little late to the party. j8kVjQx.png

9. Sean687 Froyo Jul 7, 2017

Sean687, Jul 7, 2017 :
    no the Oneplus 5 is a great phone no matter what anyone says they will improve the camera with updates . I haven't experienced any Jello effect and neither have a lot of reviewers on YouTube either and neither has anyone else i know with it so I call BS on that one . if you notice the Jello issue do is all a favour and return the phone and go buy another phone from another manufacturer if your not happy. Or ask for a replacement unit.

10. krishnadheerajkrovi Donut Jul 8, 2017

krishnadheerajkrovi, Jul 8, 2017 :
    The only thought that comes to my mind whenever I hold my op5 is that I have not paid half a lakh or more for buying a device which is pretty awesome for daily use and professional *photography*(I'm not much into video taking) Now comparing with other brands below this price with op you can be disappointed at one or other point. The faster launch of op 5 after the 3t makes me think that the 3T was just a way of using the Snapdragon 821 chipsets not used anymore in op5 and selling it as a limited edition. The camera hype was real even I was disappointed too in that area.(Doesn't mean it's not taking outstanding pictures). There is an extra ordinary battery life. I've got like 5 updates already. So what is the final verdict is when you are opting for the best go increase your budget else believe in what you put and take op which has a great history. I am very much satisfied with it seeing the updates.

11. lostLambda KitKat Jul 8, 2017

marc_mib, Tobikage and milkdude like this.
  12. Erik713 Froyo Jul 8, 2017

Bossman1086 likes this.
  13. G_Ajinkya_Jadhav_aNkp Cupcake Jul 8, 2017

14. milkdude KitKat Jul 8, 2017

milkdude, Jul 8, 2017 :
    I have bought all their phones but the X.
    Fact of the matter is all the OP5's will most likely have the (jello effect) for lack of a better word.
    They flipped the screen 180 degrees, then tried to accommodate the change in orientation, with adding software, to adjust it.

Point is....no two people see things the exact same, which is why some say they don't have it and some do.
    I can say laying my 5 next to my 3, scrolling through different web pages, or even my email ,show a noticeable difference in the way the screen renders the page.

bpwest80 and j244 like this.
  15. Bossman1086 Donut Jul 8, 2017

Bossman1086, Jul 8, 2017 :
    I love this phone. I feel like the hate is way over blown. I'm super happy with battery life, the phone design, photo quality, software experience, the pace we're getting updates addressing software issues, etc. Sure OP's marketing has had some pretty bad missteps. But this doesn't impact the quality of the phone I'm holding in my hand right now.

marc_mib likes this.
  16. Mayank12! Cupcake Jul 8, 2017

Mayank12!, Jul 8, 2017 :
    Maps are not working properly on my one plus 3. It is taking wrong location. Please help me any one.

17. zx322a Eclair Jul 8, 2017

zx322a, Jul 8, 2017 :
    OP5 is my first OP phone, i had been using the samsung, the LG, the Huawei, i also have the Nexus 7 2013, before changing to OP5, i could say nothing can beat my Nexus 7, maybe because of stock rom with zero bloatware

a week ago i received my OP5, fiddled with it for the initial hour and found out that this is the best phone out of the Samsung or LG or Huawei. i have transferred 60gb of things to the 128gb rom and did find a little slowness in the phone such as finger printing, app opening, but.scrolling is still great, i currently do not have issues with Jelly effect and hope i wont have it. the camera is good to know, ill give 7 out of 10 for the camera.

if u say cheating on customers, i dont really agree, but samsung or LG might cheat their customers more, more bloatware equals more slowness then more money spending on getting a new samsung or lg phone

to OP official makers,
    the phone.is great but a few upgrades would be best,
    larger screen, water resistance, larger batt capacity, 256gb rom, better camera

things i like on this phone
    adjustable screen dpi, status bar mods, buttons under the screen, oem unlock and advanced reboot, oos is great

this phone is one my top 3 best using phones,

1. HTC G1 / Dream
    2. Nokia 3310
    3. Oneplus 5

18. milkdude KitKat Jul 8, 2017

milkdude, Jul 8, 2017 :
    It is a nice phone, but what's being stated by many people is not overblown.
    OnePlus(OPPO) changed the standard ,how they assemble a phone, and as such it had an adverse effect.
    Had they installed the screen the way it was designed to be displayed, you would not be hearing about this issue.

Personally what I find most irritating is that rather than say, we made an error in our decision to build it that way.
    They decided to lay blame on the consumers eyesight........really!

Obviously they won't admit any wrong doing , because if they did.....it's going to cause them more harm.

bpwest80 and OlgaDupuis like this.
  19. Jyvhago Freitas Cupcake Jul 8, 2017

Jyvhago Freitas, Jul 8, 2017 :
    QUERO SABER SE HÁ COMO COMPRAR PARA A REMOÇÃO EM QUALQUER LOJA FÍSICA, OU O QUE A LOJA FÍSICA TEM DISPONÍVEL PARA A VENDA

20. F_Dwaipayan_Barman_MjUN Froyo Jul 8, 2017

F_Dwaipayan_Barman_MjUN, Jul 8, 2017 :
    As if they are providing a replacement for jelly effect.

OlgaDupuis likes this.