Introducing StyleSwap Covers for the OnePlus One

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pete, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete

Pete Administrator Staff Member

styleswap.jpg

Over the recent weeks, we have announced quite a few of the One’s specs. Design happens to be very important for us, and while we won’t be disclosing today the overall look of the OnePlus One, but rather the back. We’ve given it a lot of thought, and now we want to share those thoughts with you.

Engineers and designers spend a lot of time creating the specific look for a phone, but then people tend to cover it up with a case. Don’t you think that it’s a pity to cover up a beautiful device? We believe that the appeal and beauty of a device should speak for itself. Adding size and bulk to a phone for protection is a thing of the past.

With a number of different covers, you will still have the ability to customize your phone while continuing to protect it. The designs are elegant and attractive, but still durable and strong. No matter how often you like to change the look of your phone, there will always be a cover that will fit the mood. You no longer have to sacrifice either protection or appearance to take care of your phone. We want you to be able to adapt your phone as often as you like, and to any situation that you may find yourself in.

The covers that we will be offering not only look the part, but will actually be made for color and texture as well.

Currently we can confirm that we will offer the following textures - Silk, Sandstone, Denim, Bamboo, and Kevlar.

To ensure the best look, feel, and level of protection, these covers will actually be made with their own respective materials (not silk or sandstone though). Are you someone that drops your phone often? Why not get a tough, rugged Kevlar back cover for protection and durability? Do you want the feel of something soft and natural? How about an eye-catching, elegant bamboo back cover? Want a nice texture that feels like it will never slip out of your fingers? The known grit and feel that denim offers may be what you’re looking for.

Xmoo, arof, idanm and 96 others like this.
  2. Azdian

Azdian Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

Kevlar .. cool !!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  3. fabripav

fabripav Level: KitKat

Amazing! You never fail to surprise me. Wow.

edit: Will we be able to choose multiple covers when buying the phone? How much will these covers cost?

hayt, Kat W, shadymilkman and 2 others like this.
  4. Anthony knight

Anthony knight Level: Jelly Bean

I knew it all hail oneplus!!!!!!!!!

Naty12 likes this.
  5. Chinda

Chinda Moderator

SCR_20140319_145852.png I was just thinking about a kevlar phone couple minutes ago lol awsome news :D were you listening to my earlier poll @Pete & @Carl ;) #NeverSettle

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    betularia and Tandilwali like this.
  6. Nagasaky2x

Nagasaky2x Level: KitKat

Lets hope price doesn't go too high, I would love to buy many of them if the price doesn't go skyhigh like Nexus, Samsung or Apple original covers.

I was looking at dbrand to see if they make custom vinyl, but with this... great!

Chow578 likes this.
  7. Frederick

Frederick Level: Jelly Bean

So kinda like the Moto x?

8. Vinay S P

Vinay S P Level: Jelly Bean

9. muddy46

muddy46 Moderator

SUPRISE!!! KEVLAR!!!

rephaelhermon and nguser like this.
  10. Fabio

Fabio Level: Jelly Bean

LOVE IT :D kevlar :D

muddy46 likes this.
  11. Vinay S P

Vinay S P Level: Jelly Bean

how many will be given along with d device?
    I would love to own all. But love kevlar and denim d most

12. Elisha Siegelman

Elisha Siegelman Level: KitKat

Great! I hope these will be easily swappable, though.
    So what's next?

13. Luka

Luka Level: KitKat

You sir just pulled a Dennis Woodside :D

iomollie likes this.
  14. Carl

Carl Administrator Staff Member

Of course, the winner of our Phone in the Box contest gets to touch our different StyleSwap Covers before everyone else, and tell the world about them. :)

Mazubo, The Maxassin, Marlon and 9 others like this.
  15. lvpl

lvpl Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

i have to see these textures on the smartphone before choosing... ;)

RuteNL likes this.
  16. Anthony knight

Time to collect them all like pokemon baby!!!!!!

raf1978, jackblack644, Mazubo and 4 others like this.
  17. raphymartinez

raphymartinez Level: Froyo

Very awesome. I HATE when people put cases on phones (and I never do which is why my iPhone 5 lasted me about 2 weeks) I always said to people that asked me why i don't use cases that these companies spend millions of dollars and thousands of man hours designing a good looking device and then people cover that up with a $30 piece of plastic... no thank you. This is great news. Sign me up for Kevlar and Bamboo

Shawn221, Tandilwali, G.Mc.Os and 5 others like this.
  18. dibin

dibin Level: Froyo

Great news. Hope it be availabable from the start of phone sale?

19. Happykp

Happykp Level: Cupcake

DENIM is good!!!

20. Anthony knight

Lol oh yeah so that's what the contest is I hope I win oneplus the peoples champ!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.