Help make OnePlus care about its older customers again!

1. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Apr 5, 2017

dsmonteiro, Apr 5, 2017 :
    Note to press (and everyone else for that matter): First and foremost, thank you for your interest in this story. Seeing some of the articles that were published so far, I'd like to clarify that this campaign is not specifically about the lack of a Nougat update, but about how OnePlus is treating its earlier customers and how it's breaking promises made. While it seems they seem keen on not updating the OnePlus 2 to Nougat, that's just one of several promises made. In fact, it's a well known fact that the OnePlus X cannot be updated to Nougat since the Snapdragon 801 is not supported. But the OnePlus X could still receive security patches and have bugs fixed (like the camera HAL issues that haunt the device almost since its launch).
    If you have any queries about the Thunderclap campaign or the Medium article, please, feel free to contact me through Twitter (@davidsmonteiro) or through this forum.

UPDATE #1
    : In 24 hours, we were able to get to 143% of the initial goal for a social reach of 26,435. To all of you, my thank you and congratulations on making this a big success! Let's see how much more can we achieve!
    UPDATE #2: 48 hours have passed and we more than doubled the number of supporters (389) and almost tripled the social reach (78,136)!
    UPDATE #3: 5 days. 1100% of the initial goal. Over 300,000 social reach. Wow.
    With little over 24 hours to go, I'd like to thank each and everyone of you for your help at making this Thunderclap campaign as big as it is.

UPDATE #4: While the campaign's goal was reached and exceeded by an enormous margin, I have to say I'm quite sad that I didn't manage to accomplish my own personal goal: to have OnePlus openly talking with us and trying to improve based on our feedback.

Had I been contacted by them with a satisfying reply and I'd probably close the campaign. I understand why they acted like this but that doesn't make me any less disappointed.

It's my personal belief that this campaign and this thread will have limited impact, if any at all. It's a shame, but OnePlus clearly did its math and realized they wouldn't lose that much with us. I've wasted far too much of my time attempting to make them see their earlier supporters matter. They decided we do not. That being said, I won't try anything else. I honestly give up. If any of you wants to, feel free to use any contents from my Medium article or this thread. Just drop me a line before you do.

LIST OF SITES TALKING ABOUT THE THUNDERCLAP (48)
    XDA
    English​
    Dutch​
    Portuguese​
    French​
    Chinese​
    Italian​
    Thai​
    Finnish​
    Spanish​
    Japanese​
    Danish​
    Russian​
    Arabic​
    German​

Hi there!

If you opened this thread, you're probably a OnePlus 2 or OnePlus X owner, but if you're not this might also be in your interest so please bear with me just a bit.

For quite a while, OnePlus has been completely ignoring OnePlus 2 users and has been ignoring the OnePlus X users for even longer. The reason why this thread exists is to avoid this continues to happen in the future. If you want to know what is happening more in depth, you can read this thread here about the OnePlus 2, or this Medium article I wrote.

OnePlus has gone from a company that cared a lot about its community and didn't care about marketing to a company that is fully centered on marketing and doesn't mind completely alienating the customers of 40% of its line-up (OP2 and OPX).

Since marketing is the only thing they care, please help make a difference by hitting them where it hurts the most!

Wait, what's a thunderclap?

Perfectly valid question, my friend! From Wikipedia, Thunderclap is a "crowdspeaking" platform that lets individuals and companies rally people together to spread a message. Think Kickstarter but where you donate tweets and social media posts rather than money.

By pledging you're just saying that if we reach the minimum goal of 100 pledgers, the pre-defined message below will be sent on April 25 at 3:00PM BST.

“Get to know how #OnePlus treats its old customers and breaks its promises. http://thndr.me/kPUfq7

If you want to help a bit more, you can:

1) Share this in other OnePlus related communities you participate. The more people we have, the more impact the Thunderclap has. But please do not flood the forum with posts promoting this initiative. Mods are really nice guys and my friends so I don't want to give them the extra work.

2) Do you have a blog or write for one? If you want, send me a PM and I'm glad to give you more info about this so you can write about it.

3) Feel free to copy and paste the banner below to your signature, so that more people can find this thread:

Code:
    [url=https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/help-make-oneplus-care-about-its-older-customers-again.512493/][img]http://i.imgur.com/NKAUTbB.png[/img][/url]
    It'll show up like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017

2. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Apr 5, 2017

As a courtesy, I'm tagging the same people I tagged when I first requested an answer regarding the Nougat update for the OnePlus 2:

@Tony L. from the Software team
    @Adam Krisko from the Beta team
    @david.yang from the Community team
    @Chris dB from the Social Media team
    @Carl, the guy that keeps ignoring us.

3. Jitesh Saitawadekar KitKat Apr 5, 2017

4. Tobikage Marshmallow Apr 5, 2017

5. WilfredParmar Honeycomb Apr 5, 2017

6. Robson Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2017

7. rickvdsommen Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2017

Mr. Pro, Hadas90, dbic and 17 others like this.
  8. saurabh prashar Eclair Apr 5, 2017

9. Ashwin ujwala Eclair Apr 5, 2017

Hadas90, dbic, Ravi BINAVAT and 15 others like this.
  10. G_Jeremy_Bonello_Boissev Gingerbread Apr 5, 2017

Hadas90, dbic, SAJITH G and 15 others like this.
  11. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Apr 5, 2017

Wow! Thanks a lot everyone! Hopefully, with your help, we'll be able to make a difference.

12. Wahoux KitKat Apr 5, 2017

13. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 5, 2017

Hadas90, dbic, VishweshR and 44 others like this.
  14. G_Jeremy_Bonello_Boissev Gingerbread Apr 5, 2017

Hadas90, dbic, Ravi BINAVAT and 12 others like this.
  15. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Apr 5, 2017

I see it. (It only shows on desktop or landscape mode.)

16. Tobikage Marshmallow Apr 5, 2017

Tobikage, Apr 5, 2017 :
    Only have a few zombie bots following my Twitter account.....but I'll pledge when I get home from work.
    Thumbs-up-clipart-cliparts-for-you.jpg

17. fonzobreaker Honeycomb Apr 5, 2017

fonzobreaker, Apr 5, 2017 :
    3T owner, I support your cause hope it will prevent future situations like these when op4/5 come out.

among so many alternatives I choose OnePlus not only for the great specs of 3T, I really trust you guys hope you #NeverSettle for the sake of your great community again.

Plus_User, Jassijee, dbic and 38 others like this.
  18. Dunnow KitKat Apr 5, 2017

Dunnow, Apr 5, 2017 :
    This is amazing @dsmonteiro.

You went there, and beyond your promised duties, I wish everyone took a page from your book.

Aveon, fatfingers, LisaN03 and 24 others like this.
  19. haukesomm Gingerbread Apr 5, 2017

20. vectorslave Eclair Apr 5, 2017