Hello Russia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Co-founder Staff Member Aug 18, 2014

Carl, Aug 18, 2014 :
    Dear friends,

Some may have noticed this new Russian language forum a while back. Let me belatedly say to everyone here: "Welcome!"

We've seen enormous interest for OnePlus from Russia, up to a point where Russian media have imported devices on their own to review and showcase to their readers. Our goal for the One is to have it reach as many users as possible, and we wouldn't want to leave our Russian fans without our products.

It's an enormous market, where we also know the rules are a bit different. Right now, Russia is really mysterious to us. With your help, we'd like to learn more.

As a fan of OnePlus from Russia, how would you prefer to buy our products, and what kind of support do you need from us after the purchase? We're in a stage where we want to gather information, so we can do things correctly from the onset.

Speed and sales volumes are not our primary concern, but rather how to provide users in Russia with the best experience.

2. Frostivus Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

Frostivus, Aug 18, 2014 :
    As for me, the best option would be phone order from warehouses in Russia. If it certainly is possible in the future. There would be much less problems.

P.S: Sorry for my English.

pebble and aerosmith1804 like this.
  3. lch2080 Cupcake Aug 18, 2014

lch2080, Aug 18, 2014 :
    Hi Carl!
    Where are many people in Russia who do not care about after purchase support.
    Two friends of mine bought 16GB OnePlus at this weekend here, in Russia, just because they want it.
    I also will buy one for me before you officialy came to Russia (hope).
    But I will do it as soon as i get invite. I want to get Cyanogen "from box" :)

belnarto likes this.
  4. laplandersan Eclair Aug 18, 2014

laplandersan, Aug 18, 2014 :
    Hello Carl!
    First of all thank the OnePlus team for great device. I really appreciate your attention to russian customers - forum section and no restriction on invites.
    As to your questions - guess that everyone here are fans of internet shopping, because of great discounts, so for further enhancments you could provide the localized version of your internet shop. If we are talking about logistic just avoid Russian Post, there are numerous logistic services in Russia specialized on foreign internet shops goods delivery.
    Probably i'm lucky, but i haven't had hardware problems in my devices and almost always faced lack of software support from the vendor, that's one of the reason i wanted the One with it's Cyanogenmod builtin. So keep up the good job. Hire some developers to work on BACON fulltime. I will not ignore oppotunity to have a RMA in Russia just in case.

pebble, submarlne and Sad_Robert like this.
  5. AlexGuroff KitKat Community Expert Aug 18, 2014

AlexGuroff, Aug 18, 2014 :
    Hi, Carl.
    The first thing you should know is restrictions on the import of mobile communication devices operating in the territory of Russia. OnePlus One (as an every other phones) is in list of products subjected to registration of the notification of the Federal Security Service of Russia (Decision of the Commission of the Customs Service # 848 of October 18, 2011).
    Second - recently Russian Post has signed an agreement with China on the simplification of customs clearance of parcels.

Several courier companies in Russia:
    1. SPSR
    2. TNT
    3. PonyExpress
    4. EMS Russian Post

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014

6. Carl Co-founder Staff Member Aug 18, 2014

Carl, Aug 18, 2014 :
    What about e-commerce companies in Russia? Who cares about their customers the most, and provides them with the best experience?

7. laplandersan Eclair Aug 18, 2014

submarlne likes this.
  8. AlexGuroff KitKat Community Expert Aug 18, 2014

Top 20 online stores in Russia: Forbes ranking

sorry only russian language:
    1. Ulmart.ru
    2. Citilink.ru
    3. Wildberries.ru
    4. Ozon.ru, Sapato.ru, Ozon.travel
    5. Technopoint.ru
    6. Enter.ru
    7. 220-volt.ru

Mike9966 likes this.
  9. Sad_Robert Eclair Aug 18, 2014

Sad_Robert, Aug 18, 2014 :
    To be honest, we don't have the proper network of e-commerce companies, however I'd suggest looking at Ulmart.ru, as this is where I bought my previous phone, had no problems with it and it's one of the biggest online retailers.

-error and AlexGuroff like this.
  10. MrYadro Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

MrYadro, Aug 18, 2014 :
    Many people complain about overpriced products, I mean all electronic products from the beginning are priced in dollars. When you convert it to rubles you can get different numbers every day - same thing will be cheaper or more expensive. Many companies just add about 30% to price. That forces people to buy tech stuff abroad. I bought my OPO for about 400$ using mail forwarding from US, but in Russian stores OPO's price is about 500$ for the chinese version. :cool:

pebble likes this.
  11. qnub Froyo Aug 18, 2014

qnub, Aug 18, 2014 :
    For now many people here bought chinese version of 1+1, because of it's near and many companies from Russia have offices in China. For example i bought 64GB white version in mi2mi.ru and i just happy. It's more price in opoosite of international version, but it here and now. It'll be good when you have localized service here and i'll be happy to buy your future official pad or watch! Thanks for your work and good luck in Russa (it'll be not much easy)…

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014

12. laplandersan Eclair Aug 18, 2014

13. Zverart Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2014

Zverart, Aug 18, 2014 :
    Yeah, you should look at Ulmart.ru This is the biggest one and not bad e-company.

We are waiting for delivery to Russia:)
    Unfortunatelly now we should use brokers in US or in EU.

14. Onium Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

Onium, Aug 18, 2014 :
    Hello Carl and many thank for not forgetting about us)
    all the major items have been said in post #5 and #7 and don't know what else to add)

Zverart likes this.
  15. vasek Donut Aug 18, 2014

vasek, Aug 18, 2014 :
    Hi Carl!

First of all, I want to assure you that throughout Russia are not just your fans, but also the real owners of your phone.
    Of course, delivery to Russia directly will be a pleasant addition to purchase, but not exactly major.

All the same users will be more pleasant to realize that if their phone something happens, then they can not throw it in the trash, but rather send in for repair.
    From my own experience, I can tell you that send the phone out of America much easier, than to send him back.

So, is the perfect solution to open a small office in one of the large cities of Russia (Moscow and St. Petersburg) which does not need to be a service centre. Let there be only one employee who will inspect the phone and confirm the fact of his breakdown, and then send it to the manufacturer for replacement or repair.

Service is always appreciated by all categories of users and gives confidence in buying
    (On Russian resources lack of device Service Center is on the first places in the reasons why this phone does not have to buy)

You asked about e-commerce in Russia. So, users who offer you resources are not aware of the fact that in a business relationship is not possible.
    They broke all the concept of your phone, especially by raising prices in 2 times, and only desire to profit for themselves. I had to work on their profession with such companies and, therefore, know what I am talking about.

To sum up, I can give you 3 of the Council, which I consider the most balanced and thought out, both from business and from users.
    1) delivery to Russia directly via courier service
    2) opening of the representative office in any major city in Russia, where you can send phone repair Diagnostics
    3) To pay phone from Russian PayPal (believe me, there are many problems with this)

Thank you for what you are doing for us.
    We very much appreciate.

Regards,
    Vasiliy

16. Sad_Robert Eclair Aug 18, 2014

Sad_Robert, Aug 18, 2014 :
    Can't agree more. Although every russian owner of the OPO has paid 40-50$ more for the delivery through the US or European mail forwarder, it's still cheaper than it'd ever be at any online russian retailer.

pebble likes this.
  17. AlexGuroff KitKat Community Expert Aug 18, 2014

Don't you think it's because of unavailability in Russia? After start of direct sallings in Russia price will go down.
    My oppinion it is sales as in other 16 countries from OnePlus store. Delivery - from store in Hongkong via EMS, with one guaranty service in Moscow.
    Payment method - via PayPal or credit card.

pebble, ALEXEY VLASENKOV and Zverart like this.
  18. MrYadro Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

19. laplandersan Eclair Aug 18, 2014

laplandersan, Aug 18, 2014 :
    В америке есть пошлина почти во всех штатах которая никогда не включается в цену(потому что меняется в зависимости от штата) в отличие от нашего НДС который всегда в цену включён. Сравнивай с евро ценами - разница не покажется такой уж большой, а может быть и наоборот.

submarlne likes this.
  20. Mike9966 Ice Cream Sandwich Community Expert Aug 18, 2014

Mike9966, Aug 18, 2014 :
    Ulmart.ru have a biggest trading network in many town in Russia.

Gargoyles and ALEXEY VLASENKOV like this.