[GUIDE][STOCK USERS] soft bricked/hard bricked devices after 3.0.2 update

1. Gaurav Rohilla KitKat Jun 11, 2016

Gaurav Rohilla, Jun 11, 2016 :
    without loosing the data
    ADB SIDELOAD METHOD
    • http://www.technobuzz.net/setup-adb-fastboot-drivers-for-nexus-oneplus-samsung-or-any-android/ download these drivers and install them by respectively entering Y for each option offered.
    • switch off your phone completely and boot it in fastboot mode by pressing VOLUME UP BUTTON (keeping it pressed) + POWER BUTTON BUTTON => release both of them after the phone vibrates. connect it to PC after this.
    • now, open device manager in your PC and check for your device which would might have a yellow exclamation mark or not. then check these GIF's which are self explanatory ( credits: @DaxNagtegaal )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• after this, disconnect your phone, switch it off by pressing power button, press VOLUME DOWN (keeping it pressed) + POWER BUTTON => recovery mode. select English>>Install from USB and connect your phone to PC.
    • download fastboot zip from here: http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/tools/fastboot.zip and extract it. inside the extracted folder, press shift (from keyboard and keeping it pressed) + right click from mouse=> open command prompt here and check for the command adb devices , you should get something like this with different characters:
    sideload.PNG
    • minimize this command prompt window and download oxygen OS 3.0.2 MM zip from here: http://downloads.oneplus.net/2016-06-04/op2/oneplus_2_oxygenos_3.0.2/ and put this zip (without extracting ) inside the fastboot folder.
    • maximize the command prompt window and type the command
      Code:
      adb sideload nameofthezip.zip
      suppose the name of the downloaded 3.0.2 MM zip is oosmm3.0.2 , then the appropriate command would be
      Code:
      adb sideload oosmm3.0.2.zip
      and let it execute till 100%. after it has executed completely , reboot your phone to system.
    • wait for sometime to let it boot into system and if after a very long time also it doesn't boot, download OOS 2.2.1 zip from here: http://downloads.oneplus.net/2016-04-20/op2/OnePlus_2_OxygenOS_2.2.1-2/ repeat the above 2 steps with this zip ( via recovery) and then again boot into system and see. if it boots successfully with this zip , backup your data , and you can again update your phone to MM via the next 2 Methods:
    • Method 1: download cloudvpn(free and unlmited) app from playstore and select france as the server). then go to settings>>about>>system updates and check for updates. if the update pop ups, download the update it else change the server to different countries and repeat the same update procedure.
    • Method 2: the OOS 3.0.2 zip that you had downloaded before, put the zip inside the root directory of your phone , boot into recovery and then , select English>>install from storage>>select the zip file and install.
    USING HARD BRICK GUIDE METHOD
    • switch off your phone and keep it aside for a moment .
    • download QUALCOMM Drivers from here : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347799753 and Recovery Tool from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347799752
    • extract both the downloaded zips.
    • now, you can disable driver signature enforcement using these 2 methods(not for windows xp and mac):
    • method 1: open command prompt as administrator and then execute these 2 commands:
      Code:
      bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
      and
      Code:
      bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
      . if both of them have executed successfully, restart your computer.
    • method 2: http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/
    • now, open device manager and press volume up button of your phone for 5 sec's and keeping it pressed , connect it to pc. it should be listed as QHUSB_BULK under ports section/unknown devices (device manager) or somewhere else or it could also be listed with the name Qualcomm HS USB XXX (X-something). now, right click on that QHUSB_BULK/whatever it is and follow these pics:
    q1.PNG
    q2.PNG
    q3.PNG
    q4.PNG

navigate to QUALCOMM drivers folder and select the operating system type x86/x64 depending on type of your operating system.

q5.PNG

• after it has updates, QHUSB_BULK/whatever else would be renamed to Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM X) where X is the number of the usb port where you've inserted your phone. the name should be exactly the same. value of X can differ depending up on the USB port.
    [​IMG]

• after this, open the recovery tool folder and open MSM8996(green color) file as administrator and check for comE in one of the row.if you get comE then click on start button, wait for it to complete and at the end when it's completed, the whole row would turn green.
    [​IMG]

• after this follow the ADB SIDELOAD METHOD given above and sideload OOS 2.2.1 zip first and then boot into system and then backup your data and update your phone to MM by following the methods given under that sideload method.
    IF DATA LOSS ISN'T A PROBLEM
    • follow the ADB SIDELOAD method and then from the recovery, wipe data and cache>>select wipe data and cache>>wipe it and boot into system. (this will only wipe the data that belongs to apps like asphalt 8 data for eg. none of your videos, audio, photos,or internal storage data will be erased in this process . credits: @Cool Droid for confirming this).
    • https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ck-guide-for-a-hard-bricked-oneplus-2.347607/ follow other methods except first method (1st method is included in this guide). CREDITS: @Naman Bhalla

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016

dejan16v, mjpsammon, Staroff and 16 others like this.
  2. christopher78 Honeycomb Jun 11, 2016

AzarKasXD and Gaurav Rohilla like this.
  3. aaron.hossain75 KitKat Jun 11, 2016

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  4. dinjesk KitKat Jun 11, 2016

5. X1y3y2 Gingerbread Jun 11, 2016

6. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jun 11, 2016

Alvie, Jun 11, 2016 :
    Good guide, especially with the gifs, may tell people to see the thread if they have problems.

7. metabuoy Eclair Jun 11, 2016

metabuoy, Jun 11, 2016 :
    I saw multiple forum members and a moderator say that the ADB sideload will cause you to lose all the data? Is this true? I'm confused as this thread clearly says that you wont lose the data.

Will i be able to recover files such as Photos and MP3s which are stored in android app data folder, using this method???

8. Gaurav Rohilla KitKat Jun 12, 2016

Gaurav Rohilla, Jun 12, 2016 :
    adb sideload doesn't erase the data. see, I have already mentioned it under without wiping the data.

9. metabuoy Eclair Jun 12, 2016

metabuoy, Jun 12, 2016 :
    Not even the application data that is within the android/data folder???

10. Gaurav Rohilla KitKat Jun 12, 2016

nope.

11. metabuoy Eclair Jun 12, 2016

metabuoy, Jun 12, 2016 :
    wtf why are there so many forum members especially MODS telling everybody who is suffering from the boot loop of death "i'm sorry but there's no way to recover app data". Weird weird weird. I went through every single page on "OTA will start soon on OPT" and I saw that the MODS had users convinced that there is NO way to recover app data because it is in a different partition as opposed to the recoverable stuff which is in the partition that acts as a virtual SD card. God damn it man.

So, for the record, it is possible to recover files within the android app data folder! I think I will proceed with this fix as soon as I can. Lets hope it works!

12. Gaurav Rohilla KitKat Jun 12, 2016

sideloading the same OS which you had before wouldn't erase anything. I'm not sure about other versions, but it wouldn't AFAIT.

13. metabuoy Eclair Jun 12, 2016

metabuoy, Jun 12, 2016 :
    I'm seeing this "Marshall London Device" instead of ADB side load (when i disconnect OPT the Marshall London Device disappears. Should I proceed as usual? upload_2016-6-12_4-47-59.png

14. Gaurav Rohilla KitKat Jun 12, 2016

you have to update drivers. see those GIF's.

15. metabuoy Eclair Jun 12, 2016

metabuoy, Jun 12, 2016 :
    First side load failed at 64%, second attempt failed at 74%, third failed 67%, now doing another attempt.
    upload_2016-6-12_6-21-4.png

Attached Files:

16. Gaurav Rohilla KitKat Jun 12, 2016

17. Cool Droid Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2016

Cool Droid, Jun 12, 2016 :
    Nice thread here mate ;)
    I hope people see this thread instead of making new ones or messaging in various threads -_-
    If this thread is out of recents section, I'm gonna spam it to the highest extent so it stays in recents section :D:p

kaihp, ariblaze and Gaurav Rohilla like this.
  18. metabuoy Eclair Jun 12, 2016

metabuoy, Jun 12, 2016 :
    Not encrypted, not even unlock pin/pattern. I did it again this morning and it failed at 77% with error CMD message "failed to read command" "no error". Not sure what to do as this is the 6th time it just won't complete. I've even renamed the zip file to just "update" and still no luck it keeps failing.

I don't need SDK manager do I?

Edit: I just attempted to sideload again it failed at 55%, same error message :/. Should I try sideloading the other OS version you linked??

19. kaihp Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2016

20. metabuoy Eclair Jun 12, 2016

metabuoy, Jun 12, 2016 :
    Not encrypted, not even unlock pin/pattern. I did it again this morning and it failed at 77% with error CMD message "failed to read command" "no error". Not sure what to do as this is the 6th time it just won't complete. I've even renamed the zip file to just "update" and still no luck it keeps failing. Then the phone powers off and returns to charging (green led).

I don't need SDK manager do I?

Edit: I just attempted to sideload again it failed at 55%, same error message :/. Should I try sideloading the other OS version you linked??

softbricked likes this.