[GUIDE] Mega Unbrick Guide for A Hard Bricked OnePlus X

1. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Dec 15, 2015

Naman Bhalla, Dec 15, 2015 :
    A Big Thanks to @Synthio for providing me these files.Without his help,this guide wouldn't have been possible at all. :)

Hi Peeps !!

A hard bricked OPX has nothing but a black screen (nothing ever comes on the screen, not even a boot logo ), it might vibrate when a power button is pressed and held for 20 seconds, has no Recovery partition, no adb mode, and no fastboot partition. The device might be detected in Linux and you might be able to even send commands to it. In Windows, the bricked OPX should be detected as QUALCOMM-HS USB Diagnostics xxxx. You might have a bricked OPX as a result of flashing a kernel meant for a different device (or a ROM meant for another device that included a kernel), tinkering with the boot logo or bootloader, or your attempt of unlocking the bootloader resulted in corrupting the boot partition.

The solution for OPX hardbrick is similar to OPO and OP2 - you just need a Qualcomm driver and a recover package.

So,here we go !!

Step 1 :- DOWNLOADS :-
    1.) Drivers :- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347799753 (Extract these files to a folder on desktop.)
    2.) Recovery Tool :- https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3gqVK2lYqBiY1M2NjRjVllvYXM&usp=sharing (Download all files inside this folder and put them in a folder on desktop.)
    Step 2 :- If you are using Windows other than Windows XP,turn off Driver Signature Enforcement.To do so,follow this guide :- http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/
    Step 3 :- Press the power button for 40 seconds to turn off the phone.
    Step 4 :- Press only volume up button for 10 sec and while keeping it pressed,connect OPX to PC.Hold volume up until your PC finds a new hardware .
    Step 5 :- Go to device manager in your PC, find the new "QUALCOMM-HS USB Diagnostics xxxx" device or something like this (It must be Unknown Devices as QHUSB_BULK or under COMs and Ports as Qualcomm xxxx). Update its driver in property page using the Qualcomm driver provided (for 32bit windows, select x86 folder; for 64bit windows, select x64 folder).
    Step 6 :- After installing the drivers,"Run As Administrator" the MSMDownloadToolV2.0 in the recovery tools folder.
    Step 7 :- Click start at top left corner and wait for it to finish (Download Complete will come)
    Step 8 :- Disconnect phone from PC and boot into system.

Now you can again do anything you wish to (unlock bootloader,etc).To unlock bootloader,go to developer options and tick "Enable OEM Unlock" first.

When you will need this guide ? :-
    1.) If your phone is totally black (no racism)
    2.) When you have locked the bootloader by mistake . (This happens when you flash a rom without having oem unlocking enabled.)

PS:- This method will wipe all data and restore your phone to OxygenOS and English Bootloader.

Thanks. :)

2. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Dec 16, 2015

KarlEric, Ichiro, Ceasedd and 6 others like this.
  3. anupritaisno1 Jelly Bean Dec 16, 2015

anupritaisno1, Dec 16, 2015 :
    Great.

Well, I've added the files to my drive and you shall get a mediafire mirror soon.

4. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Dec 16, 2015

Naman Bhalla, Dec 16, 2015 :
    Can you do me a favor ? Download the files and archive them into a single zip ? It will be easy for people to download it. :)

5. camohan KitKat Moderator Dec 16, 2015

6. anupritaisno1 Jelly Bean Dec 16, 2015

pawangoel and Naman Bhalla like this.
  7. pgidia Lollipop Dec 16, 2015

Ceasedd and Naman Bhalla like this.
  8. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Dec 16, 2015

anupritaisno1 likes this.
  9. camohan KitKat Moderator Dec 16, 2015

camohan, Dec 16, 2015 :
    [​IMG] XDA has report button?

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  10. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Dec 16, 2015

Ceasedd likes this.
  11. anupritaisno1 Jelly Bean Dec 16, 2015

anupritaisno1, Dec 16, 2015 :
    Yes, I created a thread asking for the password and synthio replied.
    Now, I want to close the thread. No use for it to be open

You see an exclamation mark inside a triangle? That is your report button.

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  12. anupritaisno1 Jelly Bean Dec 16, 2015

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  13. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Dec 16, 2015

I am creating a file without the data wipe too

anupritaisno1 likes this.
  14. doublear Jelly Bean Dec 16, 2015

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  15. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Dec 16, 2015

Creating an unbrick tool myself that doesn't wipe data.If anyone wants to test,feel free to PM me.
    Thanks. :)

doublear likes this.
  16. L4RV4 Cupcake Dec 16, 2015

L4RV4, Dec 16, 2015 :
    hi guys, i have same problem +1:
    my opx turn on only in fastboot mode with no logo,only vibrate, and i can't reinstall driver because when i put usb in my pc windows install marshall london bootloader interface. any idea? thanks all and sorry for my bad english

17. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Dec 16, 2015

PM me with Teamviewer details and I will help you out. :)

18. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Dec 16, 2015

JJabalde, ghostXD and hippoz like this.
  19. Cloudy2503 Cupcake Dec 16, 2015

20. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Dec 16, 2015

Did you uncheck driver signature enforcement ?
    PM me with teamviewer details and I will help via it.

EDIT :- Issue solved via PM ;)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015

velez likes this.