[Giveaway] Share your summer vacation, win an OSMO mobile!

1. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Sep 8, 2017

David Y., Sep 8, 2017 :
    Share-your-summer-vacation,-win-an-OSMO-mobile!.jpg

Hi everyone,

The end of summer is a great tragedy, and we still can’t comprehend that our summer holiday is nearing its end. Everyone’s going back to work, or getting ready for school… It’s the return of a more routine life again! To make things a little easier, I grabbed some goodies from our “back to school” campaign and I still have a brand-new OSMO Mobile by my side. So, rather than letting me use it privately, let’s do another giveaway loaded with your beautiful stories!

[Here's how it works]

1. How was your vacation? Where have you been to and whom did you go with? Are there any funny stories you’d like to share? Write it down and drop it in this thread. (Entries in English, German, Italian, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Finnish, Danish, or Swedish are welcome)
    2. One entry per person. Entries will be accepted until 10PM EDT on September 15. We will randomly pick 1 entry as the winning entry and announce it on September 16.
      OSMO-MOBILE.jpg
    At least we still have the weekend. Enjoy yours and see you next week.

Edit: Hi friends, apologies for the delay. (T_T) We decided to add two OnePlus JCC+ T-Shirts as the delay prizes (we'll apply this approach for future contests' winner delay).

img-tshirt-layer2.jpg

Let's get back to the topic. Huge thanks for everyones' beautiful stories, that's what vacation is all about! Without further ado, it's time to find out those three lucky winners:

Congrats to the OSMO Mobile winner - @Dunnow ...o_O, here is his summer story:

Congrats to two OnePlus JCC+ T-Shirt winners - @07engel , @asma12 , below are their beautiful stories:

We'll be in touch about your prizes very soon. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Yours,
    David

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

D JeRRy, Mr. BG, drmartin and 47 others like this.
  2. SnapDragon01 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2017

Yentl.Meul and G_plusone like this.
  3. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Sep 8, 2017

Maximus Decimus Meridius, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Ive been to Barcelona for a weekend. It was great, weather was nice and when i was there with a friend who lives in that area, we made a friend who looked like a homeless guy. But apparently he had a huge appartment in the city and is quite normal, haha. Things can go so weird :)

aris, stephenboyo, Yentl.Meul and 7 others like this.
  4. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Sep 8, 2017

dsmonteiro, Sep 8, 2017 :
    For a random pick you guys don't deserve to hear about my awesome vacations! :D

5. Kowalsky4 Donut Sep 8, 2017

Kowalsky4, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Hi!
    I've been in Ireland (I know it isn't sounds interesting) but I'm from Czech republic :D and I'm still kid. Ok I've been there almost at on my own because I lived in something like famaily but no one there could speak Czech and they were friends of my uncle who is used to live there and he came back few years ago. so i had lots of fun [e]1f603[/e][e]1f603[/e]

6. jizang KitKat Sep 8, 2017

jizang, Sep 8, 2017 :
    thats what you get with begging in the city...you make MORE than normal HARD working ppl by just sitting around 10hrs a day looking like a BUM o_O

7. Dunnow KitKat Sep 8, 2017

Dunnow, Sep 8, 2017 :
    [​IMG]

On August 17 I got into a plane from Barcelona to Helsinki, from which two hours later, I got to the one flight I always wanted to do, destination, Narita Airport, Japan.

I went with a girl [space] friend (@LightningXIII you are still my one and only! forgive me) that just like me wasn't shitting around when talking about traveling.

We started by going down to Nagoya the same day we reached Narita Airport (after receiving and reading news from home about the terrorist attacks in BCN...).

In Nagoya we just stayed one night, were we basically saw the castle and moved on to the next city, Takayama.

Takayama was a seriously nice quiet commute, beautiful commute in train, by a big *** lake for a while.

Once again, we only stayed one night in there, were we met with a crazy group of Thai tourist and did our first night in a tatami based traditional room.

Next morning we head up to Kanazawa and after a bit of sight seeing went, in the same day, to Kyoto.

Kyoto was obviously amazing, sadly enough, my favorite temple is under repairs so, Kyomizudera was not the best experience in there, but I did manage to nail the love stones tradition, will see if it actually works :p

BTW, from Kyoto we went also to Nara, I met Bambi in there. Cute things those animals.

We also took the chance to visit Osaka and travel to Kobe were we had an amazing dinner with a nice big peace of Kobe famous steak. Impressive.

After a few days in Kyoto, enjoying amazing temples, bamboo forests and being literally fried at 39 ºC with +80% humidity (I'm actually brown now...) we moved to Hiroshima.

[​IMG]

Were I legit got teary eyed at this sight. For those who don't know, at about 600m above this dome, the first nuclear bomb was used outside of testing purposes. Destroying the whole city and damaging surrounding areas for years to come.

To a better note, after going to the Peace Museum, we headed to Miyajima, a small island near Hiroshima, just about 15 minutes in a ferry.

You can see a picture of a famous "door" in the heading of this post. But I'll share an image that was captured at a pure random moment, with whatsapp camera, that was like, god mode of the point and shoot moments.

[​IMG]

This was taken after actually going in the water to that same door. Because, why do what everyone does and wait until the water is gone, when you can just walk up to it before everyone is there?

As a result, I have now pictures with myself, completely alone in there, that I would've not had if I waited half an hour extra, as everyone you see in the picture did.
    If you ever go, to the same and BTW, there's also Bambi in Miyajima.

Following the day, we headed back to (near) Hiroshima and stayed in another ryokan.

Next morning we left for Tokyo, we stayed in an AirBnB apartment, for 5 nights, in Asakusa, near Asakusabashi station (for those who know the place) were we enjoyed the city.

I met Hachiko, twice. Nice guy, wof.

Also took pictures with the famous LOVE sigh portrayed in Doramas like Densha Otoko, for those who like those things ;)

From Tokyo we visited Hakone and Nikko too, but did not stay for the night, as we had all planed to be visited in one day and return to the apartment.

As a funny story I should admit, I traveled 3 whole days in "woman only" cars in the train because the sigh was in Japanese and I did not know WTH said in there. Curious enough, no one said anything, I guess that being obviously a tourist they understood...

u///u

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017

8. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Sep 8, 2017

Maximus Decimus Meridius, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Haha yeah that was what we thought to at first. But it appears to be just a creative guy who owned a company. Sold it an is just roaming thr cities and having fun with people. It wasnt the "typical" beggar, just a friendly guy so we didn't tried to chase this guy away.

Yentl.Meul, meatandy and Plenkske like this.
  9. tigercraft4 Froyo Sep 8, 2017

meatandy likes this.
  10. YPK Donut Sep 8, 2017

Yentl.Meul likes this.
  11. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 8, 2017

Plenkske, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Oh yeah, summer definitely ended here in the netherlands. Normally we have some good weather in september, with temperatures 20-25 Celsius and mostly sunny. Now autumn is kicking in early :(

Edit:

My summer was pretty good though. We had a few day trips and two short holidays: 4 nights stay in the most southern part of NL , and a 7 nights stay near the beach. I also became uncle for the first time so that was nice :)

meatandy, David Y. and Gaston NP like this.
  12. Gaurav Rohilla KitKat Sep 8, 2017

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2017

Ceasedd, Marucins, anymore and 2 others like this.
  13. katrae Gingerbread Sep 8, 2017

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017

meatandy and Yentl.Meul like this.
  14. Eduard953 Honeycomb Sep 8, 2017

Eduard953, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Hi Guys I'll try my german skills for today's giveaway.

Der Sommer war toll. Ich war beim Confederation Cup Finale in Sankt Petersburg, Russland. Leider hat Chile gegen Deutschland verloren. Danach flog ich zu meinen 2 Cousins nach Miami. Es war das erste Mal das ich in den USA war. Es war großartig. Ich hoffe das Miami den Sturm der grad dort aufkommt gut übersteht. Dann bin ich mit meinem jüngerem Cousin im Auto nach New York City gefahren. Er war am Steuer. Ganze 18h lang alleine ohne Pause. Unfassbar. Dort habe ich meinen Großonkel besucht den ich ewig nicht mehr gesehen hab. Dort habe ich kurz das informatik Institut der NYU besucht (Courant), da ich selbst Informatik an der FU Berlin studiere. Es war echt interessant zu sehen wi3 dort der Stoff beigebracht wird obwohl Sommerpause ist. Jetzt bin ich wieder in Berlin und es regnet natürlich wieder.
    Schöne Grüße aus Deutschland!

meatandy, David Y. and mort_ like this.
  15. Wackencorpse Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2017

Wackencorpse, Sep 8, 2017 :
    I've visited the Brutal Assault festival in Czech Republic. I was an awesome trip from Germany to Jaromer and I met a lot of people from the last years. We enjoyed our journey from Tuesday till Sunday with a lot of party and good music. The weather could have been better, but we did our best to have a great party and festival.

meatandy and David Y. like this.
  16. Gaston NP KitKat Moderator Sep 8, 2017

Gaston NP, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Bonjour à tous,

Merci encore @David Y. Pour ce sympathique concours.
    Moi j'étais dans les Caraïbes en Martinique avec toute ma famille. C'était de superbe vacance !
    J'ai pratiquement fait toute les distilleries de l'île. Voici une photo de la distillerie de mon rhum préféré, le rhum JM :

IMG_20170816_163023-2304x1728.jpg

Bonne chance à tous.

aris, nirgale, meatandy and 1 other person like this.
  17. Dunnow KitKat Sep 8, 2017

anymore and dsmonteiro like this.
  18. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Sep 8, 2017

anymore likes this.
  19. Dunnow KitKat Sep 8, 2017

Dunnow, Sep 8, 2017 :
    he had a first run OP2, the ones that had all those GPS tracking issues, remember? x'D

dsmonteiro likes this.
  20. jizang KitKat Sep 8, 2017

Yentl.Meul likes this.