From Unveiling to Releasing a Flagship

Discussion in 'The One' started by David S., May 27, 2014.

1. David S.

David S. Administrator Staff Member

We live in the era of information: technology and globalization have changed the way we receive and perceive news. We are exposed to thousands of pieces of information every single day: we can learn about stuff happening in the opposite part of the globe within seconds, but we forget everything right after.

Being ourselves tech enthusiasts, we have experienced this unbearable feeling when waiting for products that captivated our attention. You keep reading and reading articles about it, become more and more interested and its release looks like an endless wait. We have been there and we understand your current position.

We have heard your concerns regarding the Invite System and, specially our release date, so we asked ourselves: are we doing it wrong? We decided to do a quick research and this is what we found:

Captura de pantalla 2014-05-28 a les 2.35.33.png
    As you can see, most companies need over a month from unveiling their flagship devices to actually releasing them. But as we said before, we receive such amount of information, that we forget.

Of course, there are exceptions and some phones have been unveiled and released the same day or within the same week, one of them being the HTC One M8. How did HTC manage to do this? Quite simple, while Samsung and Sony were presenting their flagships at the MWC in Barcelona, they delayed the presentation of their device for a whole month.

As much as we would like to do this, we are not HTC. We are a startup and every day counts. We wanted people to hear about us as soon as possible, as a startup you can’t risk it to remain unknown.

Let’s not forget, as unbelievable as it sounds, we unveiled the One just 34 days ago (our company was founded 128 days before that!).

We want to thank you for your constant support and patience and we would like to use the last few lines of this post to re-assure you that the people who want to buy the One will be able to do so without many difficulties in June.

LINKS:

2. Lys10101

Lys10101 Level: Jelly Bean

Ok cool. It put a lot in perspective....

noahsilv, LeoWoody, fo0ling and 15 others like this.
  3. jpswer

jpswer Level: Jelly Bean

Thanks @David S. I've been trying to get this across...

I would still appreciate a bit more information about the Invite System though as those dates are general availability not invite availability for a select few ;)

4. Cooklung

Cooklung Level: Honeycomb

You tell 'em, Dave!! Put into perspective like that, I will give you one week grace period and if I don't have your device in my grubby hands by the end of that week...I'll pretty much wait as long as it takes. Who am I kidding? :p

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  5. alextdarling

alextdarling Level: Jelly Bean

You're all doing a great job, people leaving after a month aren't true fans anyway, In my eyes. Just keep up the great work!

6. raymanic1

raymanic1 Level: Honeycomb

true enough, I never doubted you, just some people don't have patience

I_need_a_phone and Aditya Shahi like this.
  7. ranchyyy

ranchyyy Level: Gingerbread

It's becoming too much D: get me one please :(

Aditya Shahi and frankiecortina like this.
  8. MartinoPT

MartinoPT Level: Gingerbread

WOOP WOOP!!!!!

liliduncan likes this.
  9. Gigiga

Gigiga Level: Honeycomb

Take your time. Never the less, I want to hold a One in my hands as soon as possible ;)

Aditya Shahi likes this.
  10. Darnell

Darnell Level: KitKat

Now here we have, some much needed PERSPECTIVE. This post actually helped calm me down a little as I am pretty anxious to get my hands on this device. Thank you. :)

[​IMG]

As always, keep up the awesome work!

11. ShaQsta

ShaQsta Level: Jelly Bean

Ok, I understand your position and thanks for the comparison.
    But damn, that doesnt change my position I want the One so badly!

So make it happen to be available in June!

And grow from a startup to a wellknown player in the smartphone biz. My money is ready.

Aditya Shahi likes this.
  12. Waterdroid

Waterdroid Moderator

Booyah! Less and less food for the haters.. :)

13. Nuno

Nuno Level: Jelly Bean

@David S. Thanks for this update ... ;)

Aditya Shahi, bassaman and overpaint like this.
  14. techaddicted

techaddicted Level: Gingerbread

Great post man :) thank you!

Aditya Shahi likes this.
  15. Bohgazza90

Bohgazza90 Level: Honeycomb

Great! As Always!

Aditya Shahi likes this.
  16. xunknownx

xunknownx Level: Gingerbread

awesome! appreciate the update and transparency.

Aditya Shahi likes this.
  17. oaklandnative

oaklandnative Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

This is a good reality check. Thank you.

Aditya Shahi likes this.
  18. ndipaolo5

ndipaolo5 Level: KitKat

Thanks @David S. !!! We appreciate all your feedback!

Aditya Shahi and Zaheef like this.
  19. Warr10r7

Warr10r7 Level: Jelly Bean

Interesting info. That said, I was never in the camp concerned with the timeline from unveiling to release. I think ultimately the fact that so many are impatient only speaks to how excited they are to get the One.

Aditya Shahi, incog21, Zulliz and 5 others like this.
  20. shiehman

shiehman Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

need more people to visit this page

any holy hell what happened with the moto x LOL