Found a fix for Google Play services crashing constantly

1. RayoAnklesaria Donut May 31, 2015

2. c_renjith Gingerbread Jun 22, 2015

c_renjith, Jun 22, 2015 :
    Thanks a ton.. You saved my life... I've been facing this issue for months and it was annoying.. This solved the issue.. Thanks again...

3. shaikrizwan123 Cupcake Jul 8, 2015

shaikrizwan123, Jul 8, 2015 :
    Finally, this fix actually works. I searched and tried everything before I ended up here and I gave this fix a shot and what do you know, in the end it actually worked and I don't get that annoying "unfortunately google play services has stopped" anymore. Thank you Cakalusa!

4. paull Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2015

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  5. childoftheworld Donut Sep 14, 2015

childoftheworld, Sep 14, 2015 :
    Hey.... so ever since last week... yes, just last week. My battery was suddenly draining faster than ever. I am on CM11S, no changes since I bought the phone a few months ago. I had better battery life than what happened since last week.

I noticed that Google Play Services has been more active in the battery drain picture. Why so? I just recently disabled Keep Awake and Wake Up. I will see if I can stop those annoying pop-ups by resetting all Application Settings...

But that is so odd and weird. I am so unhappy all of a sudden.

Any ideas?

Thanks

6. Nascitur Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

Nascitur, Sep 22, 2015 :
    Okay, so... this was happening to me. Nexus 5, build LRX22C (just updated to 5.0.1 today after the crashing started -- previously it was just power-cycling constantly unless I removed my SIM card, which stops the crashes/cycling but makes the phone basically useless for all communications purposes). Crashes were happening more than once per second, typically, but with rare gaps of a few seconds, regardless of which app/etc. was used, even just after a fresh boot. I first tried resetting all app preferences. It helped a little; frequency was reduced somewhat, gaps were more common, especially after a fresh boot. Tried to do the privacy guard fix but I apparently have no "Setting>Privacy>Privacy Guard>Show built-in apps>" so gave up on that. Was going to try applying most recent update, so I re-synched my phone with my router using the 'WPS Button' option to get some wifi for the download, and the crashes immediately stopped. For about half an hour. Now they are back =/

7. BassVity Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2015

BassVity, Sep 22, 2015 :
    Wipe. Install ROM and Gapps

8. FlyErik Froyo Sep 22, 2015

FlyErik, Sep 22, 2015 :
    THIS REALLY WORKED!!!
    THANK YOU for solving the problem which has bugged me for the last two weeks!
    No more pop up message that Google Play Services has stopped.
    YAY!!!!!

9. joaogio Donut Oct 18, 2015

10. napes22 Honeycomb Oct 20, 2015

napes22, Oct 20, 2015 :
    Not a long term solution. It eventually comes back.

11. corpierro Donut Oct 23, 2015

corpierro, Oct 23, 2015 :
    Cakalusa thank you very much!!
    Despite al other reactions on your fix here, this works!
    I dont think google play service itself is the problem but some other apps that abuse this service.
    It seems however in combination using battery powersave mode play service can not handle requests from apps. My crashing problem occurs most of the time in this powersaving mode and dissepear when changing to balanced or power.
    But today I had continuing crashing every second and ot could be only be stopped with your fix!
    All other options mentioned here had no succes

12. wizard Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 26, 2015

wizard, Oct 26, 2015 :

Thanks this was annoying me just started popping up for no reason now fixed !!

13. Latetzki Cupcake Oct 30, 2015

Latetzki, Oct 30, 2015 :
    Sorry but what does "Reselect preferred launcher" mean? I haven't seen such thing. I have completely stock OPO.

I have Wake Up and Keep Awake disabled in Play Services and today it seems I can't use GPS with those two disabled. It worked few weeks ago. Luckily I don't use them a lot.

14. ianyeo Honeycomb Oct 31, 2015

ianyeo, Oct 31, 2015 :
    There are different launchers eg. Trabuchet which is stock cm and there are optional launchers like google or nova. It makes the navigation of the phone different as well as outlook. When you reset the app preference it will ask for your new preference.

15. rds1981 Cupcake Oct 31, 2015

16. r8gingbull Donut Nov 1, 2015

r8gingbull, Nov 1, 2015 :
    Thanks, work like a charm.

17. lforte Cupcake Nov 1, 2015

lforte, Nov 1, 2015 :

I have had Keep Awake and Wake Up disabled for months but all of a sudden having the constant Google Play Services pop up. Reset app preferences stops it, but then I have problem again with battery being eaten up by Google Play Services. When I went back and denied the wakelocks again, it worked for awhile but as soon as I plugged in phone to charge, the pop ups started again. So in your option above, you set the Wake Up and Keep Awake back to Allowed, then run some apps, then go back and deny them again, is that correct? Do you have any problems with them returning when you then plug the phone to charge?

18. Nilesh Sajnani KitKat Dec 25, 2015

Nilesh Sajnani, Dec 25, 2015 :
    Thank you so much!

MIYANO+ likes this.
  19. MIYANO+ Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 26, 2015

MIYANO+, Dec 26, 2015 :
    gddmn it was so simple im crying since this google shit tortured me for so long. /squeezes @teqnix very hard/
    thanks!

teqnix and Nilesh Sajnani like this.
  20. Nilesh Sajnani KitKat Dec 26, 2015

Nilesh Sajnani, Dec 26, 2015 :
    Haha the importance of squeezing @teqnix :D

teqnix likes this.