For a Limited Time – The OnePlus 5 Soft Gold

1. Steven G. E-commerce Staff Member Aug 7, 2017

Steven G., Aug 7, 2017 :
    SG_KV_forum.png

Friends,

When we introduced Soft Gold last summer, our fans couldn't get enough of this silky-soft texture. Our subtle take on this shade quickly became a OnePlus classic. We're excited to announce Soft Gold will be available on the OnePlus 5 in select quantities. Experience power in elegance with this limited edition release.

It takes an average of 180 days to create and perfect a coating of Soft Gold. Getting a perfectly even and light color starts with running premium aluminum alloy through a diamond cutter. The surface is then sandblasted and polished with intense precision. Each second matters in this process, or the anodized color takes on a different shade. It's an extensive process, but the result is worth it - a stunning matte finish is pleasing to see and feel.

Packed with 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage, this version boasts a seamless combination of hardware and software. Images are focused and clear, thanks to dual camera technology. With Dash Charge, our signature powering technology, you'll always get a day’s power in half an hour.

Ready to make a timeless investment in Soft Gold? Sales at oneplus.net start on August 7 at noon EDT. For our friends in other places, that's 9:00 AM PDT, 5:00 PM BST, and 6:00 PM CEST. For our friends in India, we'll start the open sales on August 9 at 12:00 AM IST, both on oneplusstore.in and amazon.in.

Update: To provide our users with even more options, the Slate Grey OnePlus 5 with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage will also be available on OnePlus.net for $539, in the upcoming weeks.

Never Settle.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2017

2. luxuskamel Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2017

3. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 7, 2017

youbi, Aug 7, 2017 :
    Nice to see that color returning, It surely had lots of fans in the op3t. :)

Now I do hope you guys won't stop here and have some more color surprises for everyone. :p It seems that red is one of the more wanted ones. :D

But do remember, it should be red back and black front. :p

popaser, TDarwald, Jackhass and 24 others like this.
  4. Tiftik09 Honeycomb Aug 7, 2017

Tiftik09, Aug 7, 2017 :
    Got so excited, was going to buy it right now, but no 8gb ram model? Why?

If it's sounds too good to be true, it is, cos there is no 8gb ram model in gold

5. Manas Eapen Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2017

6. katrae Gingerbread Aug 7, 2017

katrae, Aug 7, 2017 :
    180 days?? Whatt! The color looks stunning, very nice. But still im waiting for the red version of it. [e]1f609[/e]

7. JelleZon KitKat Aug 7, 2017

8. gaster KitKat Moderator Aug 7, 2017

gaster, Aug 7, 2017 :
    This is a Diamond. I am fall in love like always with the Soft Gold OnePlus versions. But unfortunately or maybe fortunately, there is only a 64/6 version, so it's not worth to change my Midnight Black of 128/8. However good job guys. This is look so so sexy

9. Rosssyyy Honeycomb Aug 7, 2017

10. Gaston NP KitKat Moderator Aug 7, 2017

11. otto2 KitKat Aug 7, 2017

otto2, Aug 7, 2017 :
    I Don t care, because: The real classic is the sandstone back, all this matt black or soft gold crap is nice , but totally impractical. Using my phone all day even at work, it s almost impossible to hold it in my sweaty, oily hands, i had to buy a silicon case to avoid my expensive phone slippering through my hands to the ground. My good old oneplusone never slipped through my hands. And with that silicon case the phone is thicker, all this design is not worth it- better a thicker phone, with a sandstone back and a better(bigger) camera sensor and battery where a silicon case is NOT needed. i don t need a "cool" phone, i need a GOOD phone.

12. villa73 Froyo Aug 7, 2017

villa73, Aug 7, 2017 :
    it's a lovely colour, but had you have released it w/ the other colours on launch, i would have bought it.
    alas, you didn't, so i went with the 128GB version, which is bigger, better and faster.

OnePlus, please release a Bamboo style case for the OP5.

Raymond_George69 and WISnCHA like this.
  13. Zugo Froyo Aug 7, 2017

Zugo, Aug 7, 2017 :
    Why don't u buy the Sandstone case then ?

14. SnapDragon01 Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2017

Scofield+Two likes this.
  15. G_Navdeep_Malik_Ujwk Honeycomb Aug 7, 2017

G_Navdeep_Malik_Ujwk, Aug 7, 2017 :
    u should have given this variant initially with official launch what about people who might have opted it instead of gray or black one! what is this !!

OneRNDPHLive likes this.
  16. Rox598 Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2017

Rox598, Aug 7, 2017 :
    lololololol

so not only a limited colour but also limited to the 6GB version

oh well done

17. cnossa Donut Aug 7, 2017

18. Sargos Eclair Aug 7, 2017

Sargos, Aug 7, 2017 :
    This is rubbish solve the Bluetooth drops issue and the camera at night thats important I've buy it 5 op but i think this 5 it will be the last one now your only interest is the money and f... the costumers.

19. OALEXANDER Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 7, 2017

OALEXANDER, Aug 7, 2017 :
    Great..looks nice. Thank you.
    So are we coming with more colors in next few months :smile: .

meatandy and pa5t1s like this.
  20. otto2 KitKat Aug 7, 2017

otto2, Aug 7, 2017 :
    It wasn t available when i ordered the phone, and a case is not an ideal solution, as i wrote. It makes phone thicker, so all that "cool" thin design is not worth it.

Tabish4u and meatandy like this.