Fix your battery drain issues now on one plus 3 and 3t. Os 4.1.3

1. KRISHANU SINGH Gingerbread May 19, 2017

KRISHANU SINGH, May 19, 2017 :
    Only once in a month to recalibrate battery software.

2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Jelly Bean May 19, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, May 19, 2017 :
    yeah, didn't pay attention to it. was only looking at the numbers.

3. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Jelly Bean May 19, 2017

I think auto brightness consumes more battery. plus personally I find it a little different to my liking, so it is always manual for me, around 15% indoors.

Tushar12333 likes this.
  4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Jelly Bean May 19, 2017

5. Tushar12333 Froyo May 19, 2017

Tushar12333, May 19, 2017 :
    I had read it somewhere on the net that it's good for the battery to give it frequent top ups rather than completely discharging it and then charging it.

6. KRISHANU SINGH Gingerbread May 19, 2017

KRISHANU SINGH, May 19, 2017 :
    Actually u should genuinely do this every month in order to avoid problems.

7. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Jelly Bean May 19, 2017

yeah, there are many theories, but none very conclusive. so I always charge from anywhere between 10-15% all the way up to 100%. with this phone, since it is quite fast, I disconnect as soon as it reaches 100%. getting superb battery life.

8. Tushar12333 Froyo May 19, 2017

Tushar12333, May 19, 2017 :
    Oh great ! Yeah lol a lot of theories floating around over the Internet

9. Sun90 Lollipop May 19, 2017

Sun90, May 19, 2017 :
    That would hold good as long as you stay in constant light conditions.

10. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Jelly Bean May 19, 2017

how sure are you?

unless you want to recalibrate your battery, it is not a good idea to do that. almost every recommendation, including from the Google technology head, is to charge the device before it reaches 10%.

Tushar12333 likes this.
  11. jackjt8 Eclair May 19, 2017

jackjt8, May 19, 2017 :
    Well, it seems that most of the people getting good battery life seem to be turning their smart phone into a dumb phone. Seriously, most of the guides here are doing this. You don't need to do that with a Nexus 5 or 7 to get good battery life. Now, lets just say it's an app... Again, If I've done a full factory reset and cache wipe and I do not install any apps what so ever and I experience a battery standby issue.. that would either indicate it's a system app or it's the OS. Now, of the system apps installed, I can install a good number of them on my Nexus 5 and 7. The Nexus 7 is the more interesting one as it's running Nougat. (A newer version mind you). It's not seeing an issue. So, either it's the Oneplus system apps, or it's the OS.

It seems to be a mixed bag. Some people have the issue and some people don't. But based upon the fact I do NOT presently have any apps installed other than system apps. And I followed all guides to a reasonable degree without completely turning my device into a dumb phone. I mean, I have turned off NFC and bluetooth because i don't use them. It's clear there's an issue present but what is causing it? No idea. For all we know, it could be something silly like your devices language.

Well, one problem. I have not installed any apps. I have already done a factory reset and cache wipe, but I chose to not to resort any backups or even install any apps. I've already checked the preinstalled apps and none of them cause any notable issues on other devices or detectable issues with wakelock detector. Turning off wifi works, so... Unless it's a system app that's messed up. But having done multiple factory resets by this point and installed a few updates any corruption should be fixed.

---

tl;dr I have no apps installed other than system apps because I did a factory reset. I've already turned a lot of stuff off. I'm mid way to my phone becoming a dumb phone. Installing my apps and turning settings back on makes little to no difference to the battery performance.

I'm not sure how I can make this any clearer to people. So bold it is.

darius1988 likes this.
  12. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Jelly Bean May 19, 2017

I can tell you my case. I have not tampered with any of the default settings. got my phone, set it up (signed in to my Google account), and immediately got the update notification. updated it and rebooted. that's all. no tweaks. installed the most important apps only as of now. so all the required features are up and running, in other words as smart as it is expected to be!

which is why I can say that the OS is fine since it is the same for everyone. those who are having trouble, it probably has to do with the quality of your network, or the battery itself.

if after factory reset and system apps alone, you are having problems, that too when connected to your network, it could be a weak network and your phone is working too hard. can't think of anything else.

did you try deleting all the inbuilt app data and cache?

13. G_Rahul_Rac_GuAu Cupcake May 19, 2017

14. darius1988 Jelly Bean May 19, 2017

darius1988, May 19, 2017 :
    I can see in the graphic that you have charged 3 times the phone , so all sot are added to previos , so in 3 minicicles you got like 3,5 hours sot each other. You must post a screenshot with a full cicle 5-100 ...

15. jackjt8 Eclair May 19, 2017

jackjt8, May 19, 2017 :
    As I've said. I've followed the guides and deleted the inbuilt app data and cache, rebooted and wiped cache and all those fancy tricks that don't really work. The mobile network is at -97db minimum and again, I have other devices that use the same carry and get the same signal strength. And they don't have any issues. My WiFi is at -47db minimum. If it's truly an issue with my network.. they must have really cheaped out on the antenna because again, other devices don't have a problem.

I would expect for things to just work... but it doesn't. I mean, I'm one of the guy who gets 4.5 hours of SOT and 30h of standby with my Nexus 5. Likewise 'lucky' with my Nexus 7 2013. If we consider the fact my SOT on my 3t is up there with yours and mostly everyone else it's clear that the battery is working fine. So, either the antenna is a load of crap, or it's a software problem.

16. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Jelly Bean May 20, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, May 20, 2017 :
    it appears to be a hardware problem then. every unit, although supposed to be identical, is still different. but with software, they are identical. so it is possible the issue can be related to some hardware component.

are you using a case? just to rule out another potential possibility.

17. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Jelly Bean May 20, 2017

I didn't see the graph. by the way, the screenshot is posted by someone else.

18. chorlav Cupcake May 20, 2017

19. jackjt8 Eclair May 20, 2017

jackjt8, May 20, 2017 :
    It's possible it's a hardware problem. I doubt it's battery related due to the ability for me to reach 8h SOT. It could be any number of other things but I'll keep trying to narrow it down. I'm using the Carbon Fibre 1+ case. It's unlikely it'll case an issue as I know others use it without any trouble.

20. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Jelly Bean May 20, 2017

try remaining on 4g alone for a couple of days. if you see an improvement (as opposed to a decrease) in battery life, you may want to change/ reconfigure your router.