Fix your battery drain issues now on one plus 3 and 3t. Os 4.1.3

1. Tushar12333 Froyo May 19, 2017

Tushar12333, May 19, 2017 :
    1 : Go to settings - scroll down - click about phone - scroll down again - click build number 4 or 5 times until it says "You are now a developer"

Step 2 : Go back - In settings you can see a new option named as Developer Options - click and enable it. There are many things there...dont worry! Enable Doze Mode and Advanced reboot only. Dont do anything else!

Step 3 : Go to settings again - battery - look into the top right corner, you can see 3 dots - click it and select agressive doze and app hibernation.
    It is enabled there. Disable it. (Its important that you disable this)

Step 4 : Go to settings - Storage and Memory - Storage - Click Cached Data - Press ok.

Step 5 : Go to settings - Apps - select Google Play Services among the list - click storage - manage space - clear data. After that dont press back or home key.

Step 6 : Go to settings - back up and reset - back up my data (turn it off).

Step 7 : Press and hold the power button - select reboot - You can see three options now! that is - Reboot , Recovery , Bootloader. Press Recovery and your phone will automatically boot in recovery mode. ( No need to do tiresome press , hold and all ).

Step 8 : When in recovery mode - Select English - Wipe Data & Cache - click Wipe Cache option - Press ok - Then you get two options - Reboot , Done - Jst press Reboot and your phone will boot up normally.

Trust me you will see the results.

2. rshdmamun Eclair May 19, 2017

shantanunaresh likes this.
  3. Android450 KitKat May 19, 2017

Android450, May 19, 2017 :
    Funny I have great battery life while using aggressive doze and I see lesser battery life while having it off

4. Tushar12333 Froyo May 19, 2017

No i am not against it. It's just that this is how it worked for me. I was really frustrated with my poor battery life after the latest update but now Finally I have fixed it. Just here to help others.

rshdmamun likes this.
  5. Tushar12333 Froyo May 19, 2017

Good for u mate !

6. rshdmamun Eclair May 19, 2017

rshdmamun, May 19, 2017 :
    aggressive doze mode is really confusing. Most of the people recommend to turn off. but I find more battery usage time if it is turned on.

7. skoey Gingerbread May 19, 2017

skoey, May 19, 2017 :
    Depends on the type of apps / usage going on for the individual user IMO

8. rshdmamun Eclair May 19, 2017

rshdmamun, May 19, 2017 :
    can you explain detail? I need help on aggressive doze.

9. skoey Gingerbread May 19, 2017

10. darius1988 Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2017

darius1988, May 19, 2017 :
    1. There are another thread with the same steps, you just copy paste
    2. This works, but not for everybody
    3. Doze from developer comes enabled by default
    4. For some people doze from developer works better than agressive doze from batterry , for others works better agressive doze from batterry, and for others no one works , so better disable it. Most people find problems when try download a huge game or a huge file, the download get stopped. The doze it must give you best idle time (standbye) , but in my case I have the same standbye with doze/ agressive doze enable or disable , in fact I lose 1% every hour over night.
    5.You can turn off backup, google feed, change theme , app auto launch, clear cache,you can save some batterry but not to much ( I tried all)
    6. The problem is that the sistem it is not well optimized yet , and some apps to , so we must wait for a stable update , Nougat it is good but not so stable like MM. With MM all was on, now with Nougat we must turn off things like wifi, backup,autosync, google feed, enable doze , to get the same batterry like MM.
    7. For better batterry overnight just turn wifi off ( with MM was always on and I lose like 2%, now with nougat I lose 8%)

11. Arai Gingerbread May 19, 2017

Arai, May 19, 2017 :
    If you have background sync on, aggressive doze might either disturb the flow OR cause more battery drain due to background sync restarting the whole app instead of just running from cache.

12. MarkLR Jelly Bean May 19, 2017

MarkLR, May 19, 2017 :
    Bogus solution. There is no battery drain in OOS, if your battery drains it's most likely caused by an app using one of the Android System features, that's why you see Android System at the top of the battery consumption screen. To tell exactly what's draining your battery you need to do some detective work. You need to install Better Battery Stats from XDA and then grant it the permissions using ADB on your PC. Using that program you'll be able to tell which individual app is causing the drain. I had this issue a few days back, Android System at the top and no clue what was using it, thanks to BBS I was able to tell that the Amazon app was using some feature of Android System, causing the drain.

Also, the toggle you see in Dev Options is related to the one in the battery screen, if you change one, the other changes as well. And finally, clearing cache is a meme. If you clear the cache it will have to be rebuilt causing even more battery drain during the process, because cached data is faster to access, an example of cached data are photo thumbnails, those take some time to be created, and if you clear cache, they will have to be created again. Dalvik Cache is a bit more complex and I'm not going to explain it here. Clearing cache can be useful when apps are crashing or having issues, it doesn't help with battery drain.

13. deeablos Froyo May 19, 2017

deeablos, May 19, 2017 :
    such bullsh*t

wait until the devs fix the software

all that crap the OP wrote does not help

14. nailer76 Cupcake May 19, 2017

nailer76, May 19, 2017 :
    Just got a 3t (im in China). The battery life doesn't seem great.

I've lost 70% in 11 hrs. I was in work so wasn't using it all day.

This isn't normal right?

ps - I just tried the op's suggestion which i got from another site. No idea if it works or not.

15. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, May 19, 2017 :
    your best bet is to backup your data, factory reset, wipe cache partition from recovery and reboot.

if an update is available, install it, reboot to recovery, wipe cache partition from recovery and reboot.

don't install any apps for a day or two and see how long your battery lasts.

if it lasts well, you can rule out problems with your phone and OS.

then start installing apps, begin with the ones you need the most and see how long your battery lasts. that way, if it is an issue caused by apps, you can identify the culprit and remove them.

16. nailer76 Cupcake May 19, 2017

nailer76, May 19, 2017 :
    This is a pain the arse. Is there any official statement for OnePlus on battery draining?

17. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2017

true. but you'll find your answer soon.
    since it isn't an issue faced by everyone, don't think you will find an official statement on that.

18. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2017

I don't have that problem, like many others. so you can pretty much rule out a fault in the OS (mine is OOS 4.1.3).

19. nunopinho1982 KitKat May 19, 2017

nunopinho1982, May 19, 2017 :

Top looooool

20. nailer76 Cupcake May 19, 2017

nailer76, May 19, 2017 :
    THere seems to be a lot of people online complaining about battery drain. Hence all the tutorials(bogus?) on how to fix it.