Developers, modders, and enthusiasts: It’s about time.

1. Adam Krisko Beta PM and Dev Relations Staff Member Jun 14, 2016

Adam Krisko, Jun 14, 2016 :
    Everyone,

Your feedback helps to guide our brand, our products, and our vision for the future. Since the very beginning, one thing has remained extremely clear: the developer community plays a hugely important role in the OnePlus story. We’ve been incredibly inspired and humbled by your creativity.

We’re a small team, and we know that we haven’t always been as supportive of the dev community as we should be. But, don’t confuse our missteps for a lack of motivation or gratitude. We want nothing more than to provide you with the tools and support you need and deserve. With that in mind, today we’re taking another big step in that direction.

The device trees and kernel sources for the OnePlus 3 are available right now, on launch day. Head over to our Github page (https://github.com/OnePlusOSS) to download them. https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android/tree/oneplus3/6.0.1

(And of course for the OnePlus 2, here: https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android/tree/oneplus/6.0.1).

Let us be clear: we believe that OxygenOS on the OnePlus 3 is an amazing software experience, and we are quite proud of it. This is in no way a step away from OxygenOS, and we will continue placing all of our efforts in improving our software experience. But, at OnePlus, we’re also all about user freedom and options. Your OnePlus phone is, well, your phone - we’re not going to tell you how to use it. We wouldn’t be where we are today without your support, and we want to do everything we can to support you back.

So, there it is. The OnePlus 3 just launched today, and already you’ve got kernel sources, device trees, and OxygenOS.

It’s a great start, anyway. Let’s keep going. We can’t wait to see all the amazing things we can create, together.

EDIT: We are putting together a blob for Dash Charge so that feature will work with custom ROMs too. Currently the ETA is end of July.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016

whatisid, 3's&7's, Sapphire and 214 others like this.
  2. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Jun 14, 2016

3. NisseCool Honeycomb Jun 14, 2016

boleh likes this.
  4. pigmeej Ice Cream Sandwich Moderator Jun 14, 2016

5. hilaydb Froyo Jun 14, 2016

6. Hanson Lee Lollipop Community Expert Jun 14, 2016

Hanson Lee, Jun 14, 2016 :
    'Daddy, hundreds of thousands of users want me to root/brick/unbrick/unlock boobloader, they will die if they can't do it without me! 27,999 rupees to save hundreds of thousands of lives! Please let me save them!'

7. jpswer Jelly Bean Jun 14, 2016

jpswer, Jun 14, 2016 :
    Awesome! Should help people create TWRP and rooting! Is there going to be any support from the devs to get the ball rolling on rooting etc?

shahnisarg and run_dkc like this.
  8. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Jun 14, 2016

Mydealz, roby_9930, Blueeye and 30 others like this.
  9. viraaj11 Jelly Bean Community Expert Jun 14, 2016

10. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Jun 14, 2016

Naman Bhalla, Jun 14, 2016 :
    Daddy :- "Son, why you waste time in this. Study! "

11. TiggaPlease Froyo Jun 14, 2016

12. gautamhans1 Honeycomb Jun 14, 2016

13. marinobiagio Jelly Bean Jun 14, 2016

14. Martin Hotmann Jelly Bean Community Expert Jun 14, 2016

15. Faktzi Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2016

16. d-a-n Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2016

d-a-n, Jun 14, 2016 :
    Wow, nice work, swaying me to hit the order button (if i can) in 13 mins :D

17. arter97 Donut Recognized Developer Jun 14, 2016

RoggaRolla likes this.
  18. d-a-n Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2016

d-a-n, Jun 14, 2016 :
    Explain you need to stay relevant and keep up to date with the "kids" and not be left behind ;)

deviantartjr and lolreppeatlol like this.
  19. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Jun 14, 2016

Naman Bhalla, Jun 14, 2016 :
    Me has already been promised Nexii 2016 whenever they come :D

20. Hanson Lee Lollipop Community Expert Jun 14, 2016

Hanson Lee, Jun 14, 2016 :
    'Dad, either I study and maybe half a million people die or I help these people and study later! You want your son to be the indirect murderer of half a million people?'