Default video calling

1. praveenznats Eclair Jan 3, 2018

praveenznats, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Isn't thera an option to make default video calls using VoLTE in op3t using native dialer? If so how to?

2. Sheik_Yerbouti Gingerbread Jan 3, 2018

Sheik_Yerbouti, Jan 3, 2018 :
    VoLTE stands for VOICE over LTE, not video. There is no matka video calling cos no one uses it anymore. Use Skype or Duo.

achibula likes this.
  3. G_adarshnholla_adi_MdGw Eclair Jan 3, 2018

praveenznats likes this.
  4. ghostofcain KitKat Jan 3, 2018

ghostofcain, Jan 3, 2018 :
    No, isn't there a search function in the community app on your device?

5. praveenznats Eclair Jan 3, 2018

6. praveenznats Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Then what about LTE can you explain me its features?

7. ghostofcain KitKat Jan 3, 2018

Sheik_Yerbouti likes this.
  8. praveenznats Eclair Jan 3, 2018

9. praveenznats Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Is this for real mate? If so called true fans of op consider this question as dumb then why hell lot of people out there raised same query to OnePlus and not even a single soul couldn't revert back with a convincing reply. Just to show off yourself nor this feature doesn't mean anything to you, so shouldn't be the same to others right? We all know to use 3 party like WA duo but i want to use it without data and that is possible only through volte and this feature is missing here and i just want to enable it because i need it. Period.. If all here consider this dumb do not reply. Easy right

SidV14 likes this.
  10. ghostofcain KitKat Jan 3, 2018

No, I consider users who won't search and open duplicate threads for no good reason dumb. Please continue your whinge in the existing video calling threads as this one will be closed soon anyhow.

As was pointed out earlier VoLTE, stands for Voice Over LTE, that's has nothing to do with video, sending VIdeo Over LTE does consume data its just your service provider chooses not to bill it, at present.

11. praveenznats Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Whatever man.... If u see this as a false thread y don't u come up with a right solution if so u consider yourself as a techie freak

12. ghostofcain KitKat Jan 3, 2018

Believe it or not most of us, in the rest of the world, are happy with third party apps.

13. praveenznats Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Ya that's the point mate.. My service provider doesn't charge for straight 84 days once paid that's why i am keen to activate this feature

14. ghostofcain KitKat Jan 3, 2018

Its not a case of activation, its a matter for oneplus to code an inbuilt video calling solution compatible with your provider, shot in the dark but could it be Jio. And is it worth it, for them , when most oneplus customers aren't on Jio?

Sun90 and achibula like this.
  15. praveenznats Eclair Jan 3, 2018

When op wish to sell their phones in to a pool of customers and majority need this feature but their flagship killer doesn't have this then it's a huge disappointment not only to customer but to the company. You still don't beleive me see this

https://twitter.com/OnePlus_Support/status/814268689977442304

16. hahaha2223 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 3, 2018

hahaha2223, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I believe it is only a thing in India, never seen it in Europe or the Americas, so I think the amount of users who could use it is limited, and real world usage would be even less, kinda waste of money

ghostofcain likes this.
  17. ghostofcain KitKat Jan 3, 2018

Truth is OnePlus no longer want you to buy the OP3T, they want to sell the OP5(T), which supports you guessed it video calling.

18. praveenznats Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Then why do your so called American company Apple or Samsung which plays a major part in Europe have this feature by default in their native dialpad and why do they have to invest so much for such a minor thing?

akks likes this.
  19. hahaha2223 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 3, 2018

hahaha2223, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Video encoding over whatever connection is used is not easy, and in a cost cutting device like oneplus' you could just as easily use more universal apps like duo or whatsapp or Facebook messenger

ghostofcain likes this.
  20. praveenznats Eclair Jan 3, 2018

But i can still see them selling this device buddy and Everywhere!!! Brand new. I believe it's just an added feature which as you said can code in the coming software updates