Dear OnePlus

1. srbenda Donut Mar 20, 2017 at 4:17 PM

srbenda, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:17 PM :
    Hello
    I have attempted several times to communicate with your online chat about my phone that is defective. The phone won't power on, it keeps cycling in the boot loop. Your online support told me to go into settings on the phone and I asked them 3 times how to access settings menu when I can't power on the device. After that failed communication, I tried again the next day. That person wanted me to connect the phone to a PC via USB cable and download an external software which will give OnePlus remote access of my computer (remote session). I told them I don't have a PC at home, only another Android device (tablet). They told me to go to a friend's house! I had it at that point. OnePlus absolutely refuses to honor their warranty and is insulting me by telling me to find someone who has a PC so OnePlus can take control of their computer! Insane! If they don't honor their warranty, I will pursue this with PayPal's claim process and if that fails, I will do a charge back on my credit card. OnePlus is not getting away with this. The phone is not even a month old!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 4:52 PM

Riordanpett and Venkat66 like this.
  2. Bartnl KitKat Mar 20, 2017 at 4:26 PM

Bartnl, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:26 PM :
    They do try to help you and with a PC is the only option to get a remote session and FIX your problem.

But you could also ask the forum to help you instead of this thread.

3. srbenda Donut Mar 20, 2017 at 4:29 PM

srbenda, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:29 PM :
    So I'm supposed to go around my neighborhood and say "Hey, there's this Chinese company that needs to take remote control of your computer, would that be OK with you?" Yeah, that will happen. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not recall during my checkout a fine print that says "PC ownership required for any technical/warranty support".

4. pa5t1s Lollipop Mar 20, 2017 at 4:29 PM

pa5t1s, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:29 PM :
    Keep calm!
    If you are still under warranty,just go to your Account, under "My Orders", select appropriate entry and then start a RMA process for "Defective". OP support will contact you...

5. Horsault Lollipop Moderator Mar 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM

Horsault, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM :
    First of all, there's no use in spamming other threads to open your own new one as you should have found other threads to post your problem.

To answer your claim, it's standard OnePlus procedure as a second step check.
    It's all about trying to fix your phone before deciding to send it to repair, as you would be without phone for a long time. Period.
    So either you do what you're asked, or they most likely won't go further.

otto2, rarog, whodatboi and 3 others like this.
  6. srbenda Donut Mar 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM

7. srbenda Donut Mar 20, 2017 at 4:31 PM

srbenda, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:31 PM :
    "either you do what you're asked, or they most likely won't go further" - I do not own a PC!!!!

8. Bartnl KitKat Mar 20, 2017 at 4:32 PM

Bartnl, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:32 PM :
    That's an option.
    But OP is actually trying to help you! And to do so they need to get in your phone to see what the problem is.
    The only possibility is by remote session as they can read the logfiles etc on your phone to get to the problem and solution.

If you are in the 15 days return period, return it.
    You could also explain your problem on the forum and loads of members are willing to help you (without the need of a PC)

otto2 likes this.
  9. srbenda Donut Mar 20, 2017 at 4:34 PM

srbenda, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:34 PM :
    "First of all, there's no use in spamming other threads to open your own new one as you should have found other threads to post your problem." - Another absurd statement. I am speaking directly to OnePlus in my thread because I bought a phone from them, not from a forum member. I am not spamming anyone or anything. What exactly are forums for if not to express problems, concerns or issues?

Daciu likes this.
  10. dsmonteiro Lollipop Mar 20, 2017 at 4:34 PM

dsmonteiro, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:34 PM :
    LMAO

You do realize that, regardless of your issues, this Forum has rules, right?

11. klayman Froyo Mar 20, 2017 at 4:35 PM

klayman, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:35 PM :
    just press up vol and after enter the cable. Flash Rom using unbrick tool by Harris on xda forum under guide section.

That's it!

PS you need a PC

otto2 likes this.
  12. Bartnl KitKat Mar 20, 2017 at 4:36 PM

otto2, rarog, cmitchellshaw and 2 others like this.
  13. srbenda Donut Mar 20, 2017 at 4:36 PM

srbenda, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:36 PM :
    I bought the phone on Feb 4th. If I had a PC of my own I would do what they want (under duress because I don't like the idea of someone having access to my phone) but I would. In this scenario, I am not going to go around asking someone with a PC to give their computer over to someone in China to go into it. Insane idea. I wonder if Google and Apple do this. And all of you criticizing me, feel free to go on with it. I have every right to be pissed off.

Daciu likes this.
  14. srbenda Donut Mar 20, 2017 at 4:38 PM

srbenda, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:38 PM :
    I am not using profanity or inappropriate language. My thread is about a problem with the company and the device they sold me. If that warrants censorship, my last resort in that case is a clam, "right"?

Daciu likes this.
  15. Bartnl KitKat Mar 20, 2017 at 4:39 PM

Bartnl, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:39 PM :
    I am not criticizing you.... only trying to explain why they want you to have a PC.

But okay.... done with this and your attitude.
    Have fun being pissed off.

16. dsmonteiro Lollipop Mar 20, 2017 at 4:40 PM

dsmonteiro, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:40 PM :
    If, instead of being pissed off, you actually read what people wrote, you'd see someone explaining you how you can make a service request.

And apparently you don't get that having a remote session is a far quicker and easier way to get an issue fixed than shipping it to a service center.

And FYI, Google does remote sessions as well, at least with the new Pixel devices.

17. srbenda Donut Mar 20, 2017 at 4:40 PM

srbenda, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:40 PM :
    If by spamming you are referring to the fact I am not allowed to speak until I have posted 5 messages, then yes, I am a spammer. Excuse me for daring to voice my problem.

Daciu likes this.
  18. srbenda Donut Mar 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM

srbenda, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM :
    "And apparently you don't get that having a remote session is a far quicker and easier way to get an issue fixed than shipping it to a service center." If you actually read what I am saying too, you would see that I have said at least 5 times that I do not have a PC and I am not about to go around my street asking someone to let me hand over their PC for remote session with a company that is unknown to them and have no idea what is going on.

Daciu likes this.
  19. dsmonteiro Lollipop Mar 20, 2017 at 4:43 PM

dsmonteiro, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:43 PM :
    Then just move on and do the service request, AS SOMEONE ALREADY SAID IN THIS THREAD.

20. pa5t1s Lollipop Mar 20, 2017 at 4:45 PM

pa5t1s, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:45 PM :
    Where are you living? EU? NA? There's probably a local Support Center in your area. Who told you that someone from China would take control of your phone?
    Try to contact them or a users forum, and then tell us back ;)
    Sure, but that doesn't mean you can bother everybody here by spamming other threads, as @Horsault wrote...

otto2, Horsault, Praty_28 and 2 others like this.