Dash Car Charger – Stock Update

1. Steven G. E-commerce Staff Member Mar 21, 2017

Steven G., Mar 21, 2017 :
    Car Charger_forum.png

Friends,

Since its release late last year, our Dash Charge technology has been something of a fan-favorite. When we launched the OnePlus 3 with Dash Charge, many spoke highly of the ability to charge up their phone for just half an hour right before their commute. With the Dash Car charger we turned every traffic jam into the perfect opportunity to refuel your device. Just watch our comparison video to see how the Dash Car Charger fares on the road.

(If only the same applied to your car.)

Many of you have expressed concerns about the Dash Car Charger’s availability. The Dash Car Charger’s been one of our store’s most popular products. Sadly, our production team recently ran into a manufacturing hitch that we would like to deal with before we resume production. As you know, ensuring the quality of our products is always among our highest priorities.

We’re happy to report that the issue has since been resolved, and that we have resumed mass production of the Dash Car Charger. We currently expect to restock the Dash Car Charger in late April, so please look forward to that. We will make sure to keep you all updated on new developments on our official channels.

Never Settle.

2. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Mar 21, 2017

3. d.hirschm Cupcake Mar 21, 2017

4. F_Chettawan_Senapant_Lur Gingerbread Mar 21, 2017

5. pablofg1978 KitKat Assistant Head Moderator Mar 21, 2017

6. Akhil_Parujan Gingerbread Mar 21, 2017

Akhil_Parujan, Mar 21, 2017 :
    That's great news that the dash car charger is coming back soon. I was a bit worried that it would never come back.
    I am very tempted to purchasing one.

Is there a manual or description of the actual dimensions of the car charge, I would like to know if it would properly fit into my dashboard.

Also has anyone tried using the this dash car charger with another device like a Samsung phone and used a micro usb cable? Does it work well?

7. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Mar 22, 2017

rarog, Mar 22, 2017 :
    It's not too big, the head is perhaps ~1cm above the cigarette lighter receptacle and the cable is the normal round cable, that you get with your OP3(T). The car charger worked well with my OPO and my old Micro-USB cable.

8. Horsault Lollipop Moderator Mar 22, 2017

Horsault, Mar 22, 2017 :
    If I compare Dash car charger with a noname cheap 12V charger, it's far bigger by the entire silver crown, which is about 1 cm high. It works perfectly with other cables/devices, but won't charge as fast, as dash charge technology supposes charger, cable and device to fit together.
    The car dash charger only drawback is it's blue light. In my car the 12V plug is on the central tunnel, and that doesn't bother me, but I guess I wouldn't like this light in the middle of my dashboard.

Anyway, it's coming back to stock is a good news for anyone who doesn't already own one.
    It can fully charge my OP3T from less than 50% during a 1.5h trip, with screen on and GPS app (Waze) running.
    It actually charges in less than 1 hour.

9. G_Divyansh_Sharma_GMEw Cupcake Mar 22, 2017

10. Laamapalmu Jelly Bean Mar 22, 2017

FAROOK and G_james_gleeson_vCsx like this.
  11. sagbhasin Cupcake Mar 22, 2017

12. remedy Jelly Bean Mar 22, 2017

remedy, Mar 22, 2017 :
    I do hope this comment is not OP endorsing that their devices can be used whilst car driving.

Jotebe, FAROOK, Sun90 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Horsault Lollipop Moderator Mar 22, 2017

Horsault, Mar 22, 2017 :

whodatboi, Jotebe, FAROOK and 3 others like this.
  14. mkernbach Jelly Bean Mar 22, 2017

15. tony1208 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 22, 2017

FAROOK likes this.
  16. Sabucool Cupcake Mar 22, 2017

17. RyperX Cupcake Mar 22, 2017

RyperX, Mar 22, 2017 :
    I have a dash charger from the first version, is there something wrong with it i should check?
    I dont wanna corrupt the battery or phone itself, when there is something wrong

Jotebe and FAROOK like this.
  18. Brooklyn701 Honeycomb Mar 22, 2017

Jotebe and Dart27 like this.
  19. hellsm83 Froyo Mar 22, 2017

hellsm83, Mar 22, 2017 :
    i would like to buy the dash charger... but i have concerns about battery corruption that would happen to my OT3T...

20. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Mar 22, 2017

rarog, Mar 22, 2017 :
    As far as I understand, there's nothing wrong. The faulty production never reached the store, as the quality control found the problem.

Jotebe and FAROOK like this.