[Contest] OnePlus 5T - 7 Day Review Challenge!

1. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Nov 20, 2017

David Y., Nov 20, 2017 :
    [Contest]-OnePlus-5T---7-Day-Review-Challenge!_2_780.jpg

Hello everyone,

We just kicked off the OnePlus 5T open sales today. Did you pick up our latest Bea5T? It'd be awesome if you got one! The OnePlus 5T is our latest team effort and we’re extremely proud of it. We hope you’re just as excited to share your excitement with us as we are. What do you think of the OnePlus 5T? Is there anything that could be improved? We're eager to hear all of your feedback! Join our 7-Day Review Challenge below, and you might just win one of the really sweet prizes we’ve prepared for this contest.

[Here's how the 7-Day Review Challenge works]

Get the OnePlus 5T, unbox it, hands on it, and share your honest review with our community in 7 days. There are 7 topics to review and we want one topic per day after you receive your phone. Each topic requires at least 200 words and photos where possible.

Post your review in a new thread on the OnePlus 5T forums, keep updating your review inside the post. And do remember to give it a nice name using the following format: “#7DayReviewChallenge + Your own title”​

Day One: Unboxing Day.
    Share your excitement (not excited at all? well that’s fine too. let us know why.) and let us know your first impression about the phone. It’d be perfect if you can share several photos of the unboxing or the phone!

Day Two: Design/Display Day.
    Let us know how you feel about the hardware design and display. Why not set up a new wallpaper? Light up the screen and take a photo of the phone with your own wallpaper. Can’t wait to see what it looks like!

Day Three: Camera Day.
    Go out with your beloved one or your best friends if there's nice weather outside! Time to test out what you can achieve by using OnePlus 5T’s camera! Try out the Portrait Mode, Pro Mode, Capture video in high resolution, Selfies…share your best shot with us!

Day Four: Performance Day.
    The OnePlus 5T is the most powerful performance Bea5T we’ve ever created. Fast is one of the key words of this handset. Test the Face Unlock feature, open as many apps as you like or play some big games. You tell us just how smooth this phone can be.

Day Five: Dash Charge/Power Consumption Day.
    1 Dash Charge per day keeps your anxiety away. We would like you to test how the battery is consumed under light usage, normal usage (view social media apps, chatting, calling, etc.) and heavy usage (long time gaming or video playing).

Day Six: OxygenOS Day.
    Software means a lot to us and our users. What is the sweetest feature to you? Where we can improve? Feel free to let us know everything about OxygenOS. And report any bugs to Bug Reports Platform when you meet one.

Day Seven: Conclusion Day!
    After 7 days’ experience, it’s time to draw a conclusion! What’s your idea about the OnePlus 5T? What’s the pros and cons? Will you recommend it to your friends? Let us know your thoughts!

(We've got some Best Examples from our The Lab - Reviewer Squad.)
    [Don't miss the rules]
    1. Entries in English, German, Italian, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Finnish, Danish, or Swedish are fine. Whichever medium or language you choose, please follow the outline above.
    2. One entry(thread) per person, and all content must be original.
    3. Entries will be accepted until 10pm EDT on December 11. Community team will randomly pick 25 winners. The lucky winners will be announced on December 15. To ensure objectivity, we'll use a random raffle picker bot.
    4. One finalist will win a brand-new OnePlus 5T (8+128, Midnight Black version). 24 finalists will receive a OnePlus Backpack and one OnePlus Hoodie. Each entry will receive 10 points (to be used in the Raffles!) as a reward.
    5. The Lab - Reviewer Squad will follow the above outline and share their reviews too, but they are not eligible to win a prize, rest assured. ;p
    6. A reminder: We might even share some of your awesome articles or videos with the world via our official channels!
    As always, have fun! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

2. SnapDragon01 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2017

3. Tobikage Marshmallow Nov 21, 2017

4. dcmcc24 KitKat Nov 21, 2017

G_droiD_Tech_SVMM and pa5t1s like this.
  5. smartbuddy Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2017

6. G_Tin_“Prile”_Mijalj Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

Z1511284468513 likes this.
  7. Dunnow KitKat Nov 21, 2017

Dunnow, Nov 21, 2017 :
    you see... you've not given me any review unit and I can now not participate in such a challenge...

sigh... SHAME on you mister. Shame. :p

8. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 21, 2017

youbi, Nov 21, 2017 :
    Nice idea. :) Nothing better than reading the users of this community honest reviews. :)

Ohh, I hope you can also add an extra rule, no "the lab" winners can win the new op5T, otherwise @dsmonteiro might win again. He is on a lucky streak and is taking all prizes. :eek: :p

I wonder if he got touched by the lucky duck (aka @DRCH ) and now he's the lucky one. :p:D

Ok, that touched part sounded a bit creepy. :sweatsmile:

9. Lancelot_69 KitKat Nov 21, 2017

Lancelot_69, Nov 21, 2017 :
    Main prize is another phone just like the one you bought so you can sell it on the web

10. NovinDavis Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2017

11. G_Navdeep_Malik_Ujwk Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

12. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Nov 21, 2017

13. Q1511283144102 Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

14. dcmcc24 KitKat Nov 21, 2017

dcmcc24, Nov 21, 2017 :
    What did the lucky duck do to him? :eek:

stephenboyo, Punk_69 and youbi like this.
  15. RonaldM Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

Brian OCadhla likes this.
  16. Sossel Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

Sossel, Nov 21, 2017 :
    Nice contest OnePlus!

I can't wait to get my hands on my new phone and go exploring . This challenge is a cool way to discover everything my new phone can do. :D

Removed by mod

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2017

17. malidan Lollipop Nov 21, 2017

malidan, Nov 21, 2017 :
    Another competition with 1 device on the line.
    I guess you guys must have given MKBHD another 100 to share out amongst people who may not even support your forum.
    Nice nice.

18. Rizla Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2017

Rizla, Nov 21, 2017 :
    I've never reviewed anything before, well except maybe giving a "A+++++ would buy again" review on eBay. So my review should go something like....

Day 1. A++++ would unbox again

Day 2. A++++ design, would display again.

Day 3. A++++ camera, would take a selfie again

Day 4. A++++ performance, would face unlock again.

Day 5. A++++ battery life, would dash charge again

Day 6. A++++ operating system, would breathe again

Day 7. A++++ experience, would recommend again

19. MiszterSoul Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

MiszterSoul, Nov 21, 2017 :
    So, I can order the 5T, and do this 7 day review, after it I can return the phone (because of 15 day return), and have chance to win the phone back? :3

20. _DEDSEC_ Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017