[CONFIRMED] No Nougat for OP2

1. ShortyEx Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2017

ShortyEx, Feb 5, 2017 :
    =====

!!OFFICIAL NEWS!!

In a follow-up on the information provided by the mods, I can now confirm that Nougat is officially not coming to the OP2 is is stated here by @David Y.

Thanks @SoniaB for pointing out this official statement.

A link to the statement can be found here: A summary of Adam Krisko directed questions

For those using the app https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...irected-questions.517603/page-8#post-16294993

=====

Edit on July 5th:
    David was so kind to confirm an upcoming update. It will be MM since it was already confirmed that our device will not be getting Nougat. This update should bring us the latest security patch and fix some important bugs in the firmware. He already confirmed that the sources will be released as well, so custom development will also be able to benefit from this update.

You can find his announcement here: new update coming..

Also note that this the specs he provided here (new security patch etc.) do not match with the 3.5.9 update which has been circulating for a few weeks now. I can't stress enough that we do not know if this is more or less the same update. What we do know is that the 3.5.9 update is but a mere patch which fixes a very specific issue for JIO/VoLTE users in India and does not apply to most of us in the rest of the world. In my personal opinion, I think it would be wise as to be cautious about moving to 3.5.9 now if it is not intended for you and to just be patient for the official OTA update to come along.

=====

So since the threads about Nougat (/ˈnuːɡɑː/) are becoming a daily thing and I can't stand the sight of them anymore, I decided to create a new thread with the known information gathered in it. Please read this before opening a new one since it will not motivate the staff at OnePlus more if you do...

Edit by Moderators 12 June 2017:
    "OnePlus Finally Confirms No Official Android Nougat Update for the OnePlus 2"

https://www.xda-developers.com/onep...cial-android-nougat-update-for-the-oneplus-2/

EDIT by Moderators 10 June 2017:
    "OnePlus finally confirms no Nougat update for the OnePlus 2

http://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-confirms-no-android-nougat-update-oneplus-2-779029/

=====

To start @Helen stated that N would come to the OP2 here:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-3-0-q-a-with-helen.449242/page-3#post-14926014

It was also confirmed by Aaron on Reddit, you can find that over here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/54qx51/oneplus_ama_september_software_edition/d8479zs/

There is no ETA given nor is anyone on the forums able to give one so creating threads to ask for it is rather useless.

Maybe @SoniaB or @noquarter can make it sticky so that the cupcakes can see it at first glance before creating another duplicate post?

Also, if anyone comes across any noteworthy information about this, maybe share it in here so that there is no need to create thread after thread with leads and hunches.

Edit:
    People arguing that all the other brands and phones are getting updates, here are the official statics. Adoption rates are still pretty low:
    https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html#Platform

Edit (made on 17/3/2017):
    @Dresa91 has mentioned this article on a German blogsite which mentions @Brian Yoon confirming that the OP2 will get Nougat. I do remember reading something in the same lines on Android Soul last year so I don't quite know if they are mentioning the same confirmation here. Maybe @Brian Yoon could clarify, but seeing he is staff I highly doubt he will break the radio silence.
    Note: as @rarog mentioned in this thread, this information is based of the one in this article. (edit: 28/3)​

Edit (made on 20/3/2017):
    Today @Adam Krisko mentioned an update for the OP2 is coming soon, I do not know if he means Nougat of the much discussed 3.5.8 update. But seeing this is a statement about a potential update, I thought it might be handy to include the information here.
    Link to the source: MP Early Access Program

Edit (made on 22/3/2017):
    The above information by @Adam Krisko was moved to this thread Week 170: We Upgrade Our Android, Fly to Paris, and Ask Adam

Edit (made on 27/3/2017):
    @caniraj.lalwani mentioned this article in his post in the OxygenOS 3.5.8 (MM) OTA for OnePlus 2 thread. It shows benchmarks for Android 7.1.1 on the OP2, which suggests that OnePlus is giving it a testdrive and could release it in the near future. It could, however, also be a custom rom as it does not state that what we are seeing is OOS :)

Edit (made on 27/3/2017):
    As @Sachin Durkar pointed out, a Nougat (7.1.1) based HydrogenOS version seems to have been released. You can find information about it here and here.
    Note that it says: "This H2OS 2.5 ROM listed below is actually a custom ROM with a framework of the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update"​

Edit (made on 6/4/2017):
    In a final attempt to break radio silence about the promises made towards OP2 users and the lack of support towards older devices in general (read OPX being abandoned after less then a year), @dsmonteiro has started a Thunderclap which has exploded. So it's definitely worth the read and possibly the support:​
    [​IMG]

Edit (made on 28/4/2017):
    OnePlus has decided to ignore the Thunderclap campaign and its effects through social media. It seems that even this campaign couldn't break radio silence. The thread still exists and discussion is still ongoing there.
    Edit (made on 31/5/2017):
    The OnePlus support team has been really vague and inconsistent when it comes to the OP2 and future updates for it. @ganeshknr pointed me towards this thread on xda where someone reports support now clearly stated that OnePlus thinks the OP2 is dated and will no longer receive updates. This confirming what we've all been thinking for a while. Again, support has proven to be unreliable but it could be that they are starting to get their story straight at this point.​

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017

2. Tobikage Marshmallow Feb 5, 2017

Tobikage, Feb 5, 2017 :
    I's funny how you hope people will still bother to Search or read sticky threads :rolleyes:

3. ShortyEx Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2017

ShortyEx, Feb 5, 2017 :
    Haha one can only hope, although this allready proves that people just litter the forums without thinking and reading first:
    ffs dude you are in a thread about Nougat on the Oneplus2...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017

4. Rogier123 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2017

Rogier123, Feb 5, 2017 :
    Would be nice to get some update from OP @Carl. Not asking for ETA, but maybe the status: alpha-build or something.
    But somehow I think they've not even started working on it. :rolleyes:

5. pa5t1s Lollipop Feb 5, 2017

pa5t1s, Feb 5, 2017 :
    Don't blame him: he was lucky enough to post here before the thread is closed. [​IMG]

6. ShortyEx Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2017

ShortyEx, Feb 5, 2017 :
    Why should the thread be closed?

7. Tobikage Marshmallow Feb 5, 2017

Tobikage, Feb 5, 2017 :
    Because this isn't the first thread made in attempt to rid the forum of Nougat / Nauget / Noughat Spam

8. pa5t1s Lollipop Feb 5, 2017

pa5t1s, Feb 5, 2017 :
    Well, statistics: most threads about Nougat and OP2 are closed. Now, yours is not of the same kind, thanks for that.

ShortyEx, Sun90, balaji93 and 2 others like this.
  9. toastytoast1234 KitKat Feb 5, 2017

toastytoast1234, Feb 5, 2017 :
    And sadly, as become obvious within the first 3 minutes, it doesn't work.

Nice effort though.

pa5t1s and Tobikage like this.
  10. ShortyEx Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2017

ShortyEx, Feb 5, 2017 :
    Yeah just trying to prevent some useless spam on the forums because, to be quite frankly, all these duplicate and redudant threads are making me visit the forums less.

11. TheDiv23 Gingerbread Feb 5, 2017

TheDiv23, Feb 5, 2017 :
    Guys do u see the irony here. To prevent users from creating useless threads u have to create one. Lol.

12. dabendra Gingerbread Feb 5, 2017

dabendra, Feb 5, 2017 :
    I have always believed in Oneplus and always supported it my own way, and will do in future too.
    But sadly im owner of a oneplus 2, a device which was released as the flagship killer of 2016 :p but started getting stepchild treatment after Oneplus 3 came out with promise of regular updates.
    I waited till my patience ran out and i gave up in Oxygen dev team and switched to Lineage OS and am pretty happy.

I would advise all the guys who keep opening new pages requesting nougat update, dont waste your energy as making a page on forum will not push oneplus to create update faster. Even moderators don't have a say in when it will be produced.

So get lineage Be happy.:)

13. eye842 Jelly Bean Feb 5, 2017

eye842, Feb 5, 2017 :
    They will read as far as this, see the date of creation, add it up and conclude it's old news so it is better to ask for an update by making a new thread.

IvanMuse and rabiddoughnuts like this.
  14. Tobikage Marshmallow Feb 5, 2017

Tobikage, Feb 5, 2017 :
    I doubt it if people will even get that far. :p

IvanMuse, eye842 and SoniaB like this.
  15. akashvshetty Eclair Feb 6, 2017

F_Maciej_Rękas_ASNy likes this.
  16. noquarter French POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 6, 2017

noquarter, Feb 6, 2017 :
    Check first post of this thread. No more info available for the moment.
    Thread merged

IvanMuse, Ranjithsmart and ShortyEx like this.
  17. Invitehunter Gingerbread Feb 8, 2017

Invitehunter, Feb 8, 2017 :
    Seriously, did it became some kind of meme to ask for Nougat for the OP2? Everyday there's one to three threads about it and it's not funny anymore. How often do we have to tell you that there's an search option and that OnePlus don't give ETAs? We don't freaking know when it will come, maybe this month, maybe december, nobody knows.

Be patient and enjoy OxygenOS 3.5.6 or whatever version you have.

PS: Mods you can close this if you want, I just wanted to speak out what I think.

18. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Feb 8, 2017

SoniaB, Feb 8, 2017 :
    Thread merged with existing thread with similar content

19. sNishanthBhats Froyo Feb 9, 2017

20. Walthy Gingerbread Feb 9, 2017

Walthy, Feb 9, 2017 :
    i know its a bit annoying to see the same thread about Nougat being opened / created / showing up like mushrooms - im just charging it to being inexperienced... maybe they dont know or are unaware of the search function??? everybody started out as a cupcake and didnt know what to do and was (perhaps) unaware of the search function to find answers to their dilemma (but i personally wasnt the type to open a new thread and be identified as a "spammer" at the onset!)? hehehe!

Lloyd_Guerin_OPF likes this.