"com.android.bluetooth keeps stopping" error message!!

1. shashankh Donut Jan 1, 2018

shashankh, Jan 1, 2018 :
    Hi,

I have recently started experiencing the error message "com.android.bluetooth keeps stopping" whenever I am trying to connect my One Plus 5 to my car's Bluetooth. It is very annoying and I am unable to talk while driving and connect my phone to my car's Bluetooth as it keeps getting connected and disconnected every few seconds. I never had this issue previously and I believe this has started happening ever since the last system update. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem and is there a solution to this? I have tried to Force Stop Bluetooth and restarted my phone but this hasn't resolved the issue. I have also tried disconnecting and reconnecting my phone to the car's Bluetooth but that hasn't helped either. I know this is a problem with the phone's Bluetooth and not my car as my Blackberry phone is getting connected to my car perfectly without any issue. Will really appreciate some fix for this.

Thanks & Happy New Year!!
    1514847957798.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Don_Corleone Froyo Jan 1, 2018

Sa22011982 likes this.
  3. Romain_Daudin Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

Romain_Daudin, Jan 1, 2018 :
    I have some issues like this too, but not yet about bluetooth.
    Only (sic !) "Google app", "Facebook" and "Fused Location".
    Even i find great OOS 5.0 , it's seem that something is unstable in this update.

Sa22011982 likes this.
  4. bansuri0100 Honeycomb Jan 2, 2018

Cyanidebreathmint likes this.
  5. shashankh Donut Jan 2, 2018

shashankh, Jan 2, 2018 :
    How should I reset Bluetooth and network settings? I tried to Force Stop but it doesn't work.

6. bansuri0100 Honeycomb Jan 2, 2018

7. shashankh Donut Jan 2, 2018

shashankh, Jan 2, 2018 :
    thanks, will try it and see if it works.

8. TEROWE Cupcake Jan 8, 2018

TEROWE, Jan 8, 2018 :
    I have the same issue. I have updated to the latest build for the OP5, ONEPLUS A5000_23_180103. I also reset network settings. I get the same error message when I connect to my Toyota audio system. If I remove the check from Media Audio it will allow me to operate with Phone Audio, Contact Sharing and Message Access, but as soon as I enable the Media Audio I get the com.android.bluetooth keeps stopping message. Very disappointed that a product so flawed would be released and then not fixed for more than a week.

roblor likes this.
  9. roblor Cupcake Jan 8, 2018

10. MrMysakovich Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2018

11. jgspears Cupcake Jan 8, 2018

jgspears, Jan 8, 2018 :
    I have the same issue on the latest beta 3 software and have had the problem since early December (beta releases of Android 8). I have sent my phone logs to support a week or so ago and they have sent them on to development. I only have the problem with my Prius Prime and not with other bluetooth connections. Hope they get it fixed soon.

12. dragorex Eclair Jan 8, 2018

dragorex, Jan 8, 2018 :
    Quite the same in my BMW audio system. Quite because I can also check the media, the Bluetooth crash's only if I go in media menu of the infotainment and then select the Bluetooth device (my OP5), only now the connection stop and I have the message on the phone. In all the other menu of the infotainment the connection is OK and I can make/recive call or sms.
    I found a trick to stream media to the car without the issue starting play them from the phone. Only after that I can go in media menu of the infotainment and manage the tracks

13. Xircom Cupcake Jan 9, 2018

Xircom, Jan 9, 2018 :
    I have the same issue with my car after the latest update Oxygen 5.0.1. Support told me to do a reset of device… Not an option and way too easy to pull this answer. One+ fix this issue, its clearly a firmware bug…

Joao Victor Garcia likes this.
  14. slouw Cupcake Jan 9, 2018

slouw, Jan 9, 2018 :
    Same issue here... Bluetooth crash by Connection to my Alpine Radio with Google Play Music.. before Oreo all was fine... Please fix it

15. shashankh Donut Jan 9, 2018

16. variableq Cupcake Jan 10, 2018

variableq, Jan 10, 2018 :
    I'm seeing the same thing in my Subaru Legacy. I normally listen to podcasts using the app pocket casts. That app gives me the same error. I noticed that when I listen to Audible, the error didn't appear, at least in the 10 minutes I tried it today. I'll try additional apps later.

17. felipemendes Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 10, 2018

felipemendes, Jan 10, 2018 :
    Settings>Apps>Applications List>...>Show System apps>Bluetooth>Force Stop, then clear data.

If still doesn't work, remove the problematic pairing and repeat the above.

18. G_Darrell_Jones_AJCt Cupcake Jan 11, 2018

G_Darrell_Jones_AJCt, Jan 11, 2018 :
    I noticed the same problem with my BMW 3 Series after upgrading to Oxygen 5.0.1. I have removed pairings, reset settings, rebooted, cleared cache, and Bluetooth continues to crash on OnePlus5 and in the car.

19. Ushan3T Cupcake Jan 11, 2018

Ushan3T, Jan 11, 2018 :
    same here with my oneplus 3t.after the oreo update(oos 5)this bluetooth issue came.even the latest update oss 5.0.1 the issue is not solved.ots really annoying.

20. rhorsman Cupcake Jan 11, 2018

rhorsman, Jan 11, 2018 :
    Don't know if this helps with diagnosis, but I was getting this error message too after the 5.0.1 update, when I tried to connect to my Prius' stereo. At the same time I could no longer ring the Tile on my keys (one of those Bluetooth connected fobs that makes a noise if you're trying to find them). Immediately after deleting car connection I could ring the Tile again. Have not yet tried reconnecting to car stereo, but interesting that killing that one specific connection seemed to fix an issue with a separate one.