Call quality issues - LTE related?

1. xealo Donut Aug 17, 2016

xealo, Aug 17, 2016 :
    Hi everyone. Since day 1, I have been having call quality issues with this phone. Specifically, callers have been saying that my voice cuts out and sounds like I'm in a bad signal area. I thought the 3.2.4 update would have resolved this, but apparently it hasn't. I even did a full factory reset which didn't help. I'm just past my 15 day return window and am dissatisfied with this phone. After all, if a phone can't make a good phone call, it's useless no matter how much ram, CPU cores, etc, etc it has. BTW: I remember that I had the same issue with my OP1. That was one of the reasons why I ditched that phone. I hope OnePlus are listening.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016

cssoz likes this.
  2. TrippyZ Gingerbread Aug 17, 2016

3. xealo Donut Aug 17, 2016

xealo, Aug 17, 2016 :
    Hi, my Tmobile sim is in slot #2, enhanced LTE is turn off.

4. jasonarima Cupcake Aug 18, 2016

jasonarima, Aug 18, 2016 :
    May be you can try to sideload full ROM.
    From 3.2.1, some people say call quality is bad but sideload full ROM solved their issue.

5. jkmyoung Cupcake Aug 18, 2016

jkmyoung, Aug 18, 2016 :
    I'm having similar issues. I bought the phone for my wife for our anniversary, and she loves the phone... except it's completely useless for calls. Most calls just seem to get garbled after 5 seconds and then completely cut out. She's on Wind Network in Toronto. Speaking as someone who is unfamiliar with cells, but is otherwise tech saavy, how does one sideload full ROM? Is there a link somewhere on this forum as to how to do it?

6. cssoz Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2016

cssoz, Aug 18, 2016 :
    ya call quality is super bad and my carrier uses HSPA+ for calls

7. jasonarima Cupcake Aug 19, 2016

jasonarima, Aug 19, 2016 :
    Hi,
    You can check these links.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ith-full-install-skip-the-ota-updates.460420/

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...wrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.448149/

8. sshet1 Cupcake Aug 31, 2016

sshet1, Aug 31, 2016 :
    I am also having the same problem with my phone, just impossible to talk on the phone. Sad but bad decision to buy this phone.

9. dz3n Donut Aug 31, 2016

dz3n, Aug 31, 2016 :
    I still have a bad call quality only on second mobile operator (second sim slot) I tried to switch both cards, but nothing changes. I hear the voice on other side with some bad echo.

The quality with the primary mobile operator is okay. Really strange..

10. hogwarts1982 Honeycomb Aug 31, 2016

11. gmcm Cupcake Sep 22, 2016

gmcm, Sep 22, 2016 :
    Call quality on my OP3 was fine initially when I got it. However, recently my phone's screen was smashed and I had to get it repaired... After I received my phone back from OnePlus, the call quality has been bad - the receiver can hear me fine but there are massive echos on their side especially when I have the call on loud speaker. This is incredibly frustrating especially for work calls!

12. pablofg1978 KitKat Senior Moderator Sep 22, 2016

13. G_Simon_Lemieux_HpdI Cupcake Feb 17, 2017 at 4:35 PM

G_Simon_Lemieux_HpdI, Feb 17, 2017 at 4:35 PM :
    Callers have also complained that my voice is cutting off all the time. Interesting thing though is that disabling the wifi completely fixes the problem. But now every time I make a phone call I need to disable the wifi beforehand and remember to put it back on when I'm done. Not very convenient...