Bettery Dying or Not?

1. v0 HaVoK 0v Honeycomb Apr 18, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v, Apr 18, 2017 :
    OK, so my Oneplus One is now more than 3 years old, for a long time the battery had stayed perfect, but only recently this last while, I have noticed that gettting a 6hr screen on time is now impossible, which I used to always get without fail no matter the type of usage.
    But now this last while, my phone has been acting really strange, the battery life now gets about about 2 - 3 hours screen on time, which I understand is the battery just aging, and dying, but lately my phone has been only dying when in sleep mode, and before it seems to be actually drained. If I continue to use the phone no matter how low the battery is getting and it will stay on till it hits 0, but when in sleep mode, it just dies at whatever its at if its sits for like an hour.
    I know that it's not actually dead because I can power it on, and it will go the entire boot up process and as soon as it gets switched on where you put the sim code, it just says shutting down and turns off, again if I power it on it will do the exact same thing every time, no matter what, every time it has the power to switch the whole way on and the only die when actually on. I know that the battery isn't dead even more so by the fact that it will pretty much stay on in recovery until the battery seems to actually die, only then after letting it die in recovery, will it not be able to fully turn on afterwards (as if its actually dead that time)
    Even this morning, I woke up and my phone was dead, it was left at 30% last night, and I know thats enough to last all night, always has, and there is nothing on the software side even draining battery.
    I switched it on into recovery and I am trying to drain the battery there, I'm now doing my 3rd backup of system, data, and boot, these are 8gb backups and take around 15 mins to complete one. This is number 3 and its still backing up, and not long ago it said my battery was dead...I will be buying a new battery, but with the kind of problem, it seems like Ill put the new one in and it still is going to die wherever it wants..
    I have tried everything to calibrate (not batterystats.bin as thats bullshit and does nothing) but it will not do anything. Been weeks now, charging 0 to 100 and still made no difference.
    I drain the in recovery before charging as if I stick it on right away, it seems to think its charging from 0 which I know is not right.
    Sometimes if I have something plugged to the phone via OTG its as if it thinks its a charger as it turns on and stays on at whatever percentage I left it at, and then I plug it out and it stays on till its drained (rarely works, so may just be random whether it stays on or not)
    One thing I know is that the battery isn't dead when the system thinks it is, and now by the end of this post my phone is doing its 4th backup on TWRP. Also.. the whole time I have been doing that in TWRP there is no battery percentage showing, theres just nothing there in the top right.
    Sorry, this is a bit long, I appreciate it if you got to the bottom xD I didn't know any short way to explain how this crap feels.
    So is the battery dying or not?

2. gopikrishnan1 Eclair Apr 19, 2017

gopikrishnan1, Apr 19, 2017 :
    1492599278452.jpg

1492599278534.jpg
    My OPO is 2.5 years old. I'm using RR Android N. I think you should replace or try with another battery.

v0 HaVoK 0v likes this.
  3. Mykson Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2017

Mykson, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Your options:
    • Factory reset
    • Custom ROM
    • Battery replacement
    And btw, 3-4 hours SOT are ok with normal usage.

v0 HaVoK 0v likes this.
  4. v0 HaVoK 0v Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v, Apr 21, 2017 :
    OK, I bought a replacement, and battery life has improved, but certainly not by a lot because of the cheap knock off I could only find. I can't for the life of me find OEM parts new anymore. I highly doubt that will ever be possible again, which is really frustrating as this battery I got is an improvement over a really drain OEM battery, but its brand new, and doesn't get over 4hrs SOT (around 3.30) which I know wouldn't be bad under certain usage. But I know from my usage and how I have my phone set up, a decent battery I'd usually get over 6. Certainly over 5.
    I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy OEM used batteries? What are the chances of me getting someone's already drained battery or someone's rarely used, phone dismantled for other reasons/healthy kind of battery? Or does anyone have any other ideas on getting a decent battery for this phone? Would contacting oneplus and asking if they had old parts for this phone work? Or would they be too old for usage now?

gopikrishnan1 likes this.
  5. gopikrishnan1 Eclair Apr 21, 2017

gopikrishnan1, Apr 21, 2017 :
    One of my friend bought battery from eBay and for him it works perfectly fine. He used to get 2 hr SOT with the old battery and after replacement now he is getting about 6 hr.

6. v0 HaVoK 0v Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Any idea which item it was? I have read of how some people get good and some people get bad batteries, but from what I read, the majority get bad batteries.
    I also tried buying a VHBW, but it actually got a worse battery life than my original battery, but did seem faulty

7. gopikrishnan1 Eclair Apr 21, 2017

8. Mykson Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2017

Mykson, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Have you already reset your phone? A clean OS is really important for battery life.
    And you have to wait some battery cycles to see how the new battery works.

9. v0 HaVoK 0v Honeycomb Apr 23, 2017

gopikrishnan1 likes this.
  10. gopikrishnan1 Eclair Apr 23, 2017

11. Turkhan Ismayilzada Cupcake Apr 23, 2017

12. vallabh budhkar Gingerbread Apr 23, 2017

vallabh budhkar, Apr 23, 2017 :
    battery tends to loose its original properties by time so replace the battery surely it would be back to normal !

13. v0 HaVoK 0v Honeycomb Apr 23, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v, Apr 23, 2017 :
    You would think that, but with the lack of decent parts, and any OEM parts makes this actually quite a challenge.

14. G_Naeem_Ansari_LsUX Cupcake Apr 23, 2017

15. vallabh budhkar Gingerbread Apr 23, 2017

vallabh budhkar, Apr 23, 2017 :
    ya i know that but u could ask oneplus regarding the battery for dat matter