Asking for a little bit of help (TL:DL FaceUnlock problems)

1. B1517150052736 Cupcake Feb 13, 2018

B1517150052736, Feb 13, 2018 :
    Dear forum users,
    I would want to ask you for some help, as I can not get my phone to work the way as I do. To clear the things up, I searched the mobile and web forums ( including the broader internet) and haven't found am anwser yet. I also did clear cache and reboot my phone many times. I tried everything I could find but somehow I couldn't find a solution that would work, so now I am here asking you, the experienced modders of the OnePlus community to help me woth your knowledge.
    I have one main problems:

The problem:
    When I first got my OnePlus 5T I set up the FaceUnlock and it worked perfectly. But now instead of [the phone] going straight to the home screen when I press the power button and look at it, it first goes to the lock screen, waits a second and then it unlocks (it really is one second, not less). After a day or two it began very annoying so here a fairly good time asking you for help.

The Oreo update sure has more bugs, but I didn't notice anything I couldn't fix, only the problem with FaceUnlock which I couldn't find a solution for on the internet.
    Please keep in mind that this is my first forum post and English is not my primary language. I tried my best to be gramatically correct and also as polite as I can. I hope this post doesn't offend you, please understand that am relatively new to this and I just want to get anwsers. If you have any constructive criticism about my writing or anything else, please tell me.

Thank you for taking your time I really appreciate it.
    I hope you have a good day.

2. idkwhoiam322 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Feb 13, 2018 :
    Your post language is fine ;) better than most in fact!
    Try:
    Removing all registered faces, and fingerprint and other passwords.

Clear data from Settings>Apps>Application list>3 dots>Show system apps>Face Unlock>Storage>Clear data

Clear cache from recovery:
    5.Clearing Cache
    1. Power down the phone.
    2.Wait until the device is completely off.
    3.Then press and hold the Power and Volume. 4.Down buttons at the same time.
    5.Continue holding these two buttons during the initial OnePlus splash screen.
    6.When the OnePlus logo goes away, you can let go of these two buttons.
    7.And then wait until the phone boots into Recovery Mode.
    8.Tap on the language of your choice.
    9.Tap on the Wipe Data and Cache option.
    10.Tap on the Wipe Cache option.
    11.Tap the Yes option when asked to confirm.
    12.Wait for the phone to clear the cache partition.
    13.Then tap on the Reboot option to restart the phone.

Then setup passwords and Face Unlock again.

3. Supriyo.kol Froyo Feb 13, 2018

Supriyo.kol, Feb 13, 2018 :
    you are the most active and helpful person in this forum. good work bro. keep it up.

Badboi17 and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  4. idkwhoiam322 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

Appreciate the compliment ;)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

5. Badboi17 Eclair Feb 13, 2018

Badboi17, Feb 13, 2018 :
    face unlock is fast and very useful if its annoying desable it
    this issue can be solved if OP officially implement facelock direct unlock option and another swipe to unlock option in settings.

1518544507551.jpg

6. B1517150052736 Cupcake Feb 13, 2018

First, I want to thank you for a such in-deep and detailed comment. I really appreciate that you took your time to write it and that you read my post.
    Thank you for describing in detail what I need to do so I could do it. I did everything you said, many times, tried some other things, did all things in different patterns, but sadly it didn't work. I'm starting to think OP missed a bug or maybe they updated the face unlock to work like that? I hope it's just a bug because face unlock was great. Thank you for your time.
    I would like to ask you just another question, what do you suggest me to do?
    To downgrade it back to Nougat so I get the FaceUnlock?
    Wait a week or so if they fix it and then downgrade?
    Stick with it? Factory reset? Anything else?
    And if you know, could you tell me of you need to factory reset your phone if you want to downgrade?
    Thank you so much for your time and attention, you really are a good person, thank you.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  7. idkwhoiam322 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

I have seen people report a delay in Face Unlock. Could you reproduce and post it in the link below with an explanation of the problem, open it in a browser or a PC as contents of the spoiler are broken on the community app most of the time.
    7.Bug Report
    https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/
    All bugs go here^
    (View from browser if details under Spoiler not visible)
    1. Input *#800# from dialing interface, enter "oneplus logkit", delete history log.
    2. Click "advanced", choose "save log type", select all these options (Kernel, Main, System, Radio, Event, Tcpdump), then click OK.
    3. Click "save log", when it informs you whether to reboot, please click “cancel”
    4. Click "get QXDM Log, choose <appropriate option>(refer image below), scroll down, click "open device log"
    5. Reproduce the issue and take a screenshot to record the time.
    6. Wait for several minutes (better above 10 minutes), click “save log” again to stop it, enter QXDM Log and choose “close device log”.
    7. Enter file manager, choose storage, find the oem_log file, long press and click right upper corner three dots to compress it and send it to bughunters@oneplus.net along with the screenshots and specific description or issue link.
    Please don't forget to click on open and close device log when you start and finish essential QXDM log, which shall be above 100 MB before zipped.

[​IMG]

B1517150052736 likes this.
  8. B1517150052736 Cupcake Feb 13, 2018

Thank you for providing me the link and guidance, I will try to desrcibe the problem as good as I can and therefore hopefully help the community. Again, thank you very much !

idkwhoiam322 likes this.