[Application Closed] Join our Open Ears Forum – OxygenOS | San Francisco, US

1. Gary C. OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Mar 6, 2018

Gary C., Mar 6, 2018 :

Over the years, we've seen OxygenOS grow from a budding ROM to a full-fledged Operating System that the whole community is proud of. In 2017, we caught and resolved over 1700 bugs through the Open Beta program, not to mention your contributions to our official OTA and closed beta releases. You guys have played an essential part in building OxygenOS.

We've learned so much from our community through Deep Dives, AMAs and by collecting your feedback, but it's still far away from enough. Seeing the success of our CS and Camera Open Ears Forum, we realized that talking face to face lets us hear your voice. Thus, we'd like to invite those who are interested in OxygenOS to join us for this edition of the Open Ears Forum in the heart land of American tech development.

[How to join us?]

The OxygenOS Open Ears Forum will be held on April 7, in San Francisco, USA. Applications are open to all US residents. Fill in the following form for a chance to impact OxygenOS! https://goo.gl/forms/6wGoT4bJzlfV0DGq2

Entries are open until 10:00 pm PDT on March 14. We'll invite 25 users in total to join us. We'll reach out to the selected applicants by Mar 16 and cover travel fees and one night's hotel stay for you as needed.

Please note that this will be an English-speaking forum, and applicants will need to have a good command of English (both spoken and written) to be able to participate in discussions and share your feedback.

Never Settle.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018

2. idkwhoiam322 Lollipop Mar 7, 2018

3. 97pratyush Honeycomb Mar 7, 2018

97pratyush, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Great. Hope Oxygen OS improves so that we do not need custom ROMs anymore (maybe).

4. K Himanshu Cupcake Mar 7, 2018

K Himanshu, Mar 7, 2018 :
    hi all,
    I hv OP5 after updating to oxygen 5.0.4, I am unable to see camera setting and consequently option for slow motion video is not visible and water mark is also not there
    kindly suggest

Stoilky likes this.
  5. aakashsood Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2018

aakashsood, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Ummm.... Custom ROMs provides all the additional features that the companies otherwise avoid or reserve for a particular line-up of there phones. Some are even full of bloatware which people like. So I think improving a official ROM and needing a custom ROM aren't related here. Just my thought though!

6. 97pratyush Honeycomb Mar 7, 2018

97pratyush, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Yea. That's why i added 'maybe' afterwards. Stock rom cannot provide all features.

aakashsood likes this.
  7. G_Krutik_Mistry_BFxZ Gingerbread Mar 7, 2018

8. meatandy Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

meatandy, Mar 7, 2018 :
    @Dr. Indest

Something you might be interested in.

9. Martin_VN Honeycomb Mar 7, 2018

10. NovinDavis Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 7, 2018

NovinDavis, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Well if OnePlus 6 comes out with a notch. Even after community has been against it. Then this Open Ears event is of no use.

11. MhmmtAtes Froyo Mar 7, 2018

MhmmtAtes, Mar 7, 2018 :
    you are not good at this

G_plusone likes this.
  12. Baymax Lollipop Mar 7, 2018

Bobbie63, meatandy, ChrisTerp and 3 others like this.
  13. F_Harshvardhan_Prakash_z Donut Mar 7, 2018

14. F_Radu_Teodorov_XVUC Donut Mar 7, 2018

G_Abdullah_Alnimari likes this.
  15. idkwhoiam322 Lollipop Mar 7, 2018

Bobbie63, Dresa91 and Hydra Bob like this.
  16. Hydra Bob KitKat Mar 7, 2018

Hydra Bob, Mar 7, 2018 :
    I would if it weren't for the fact that it's still 3000 miles from me. And the fact that I know absolutely nothing about photography might be a bit of a hindrance too I guess.:tearsofjoy:

Damonp87, Bobbie63, pojr and 4 others like this.
  17. Android450 Lollipop Mar 7, 2018

Android450, Mar 7, 2018 :
    It's about OOS not photography :confused: plus it says they cover travel expenses :D Do it Bob!!!! :p

Bobbie63, ChrisTerp, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  18. gamerxsoft Gingerbread Mar 7, 2018

gamerxsoft, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Modifying Os is always like war between two opposite minds.
    If you want clean Os then you will have to sacrifice fancy features and vice versa.
    But i think oneplus should try to make a good community app first, other apps like compass, screen recorder, cloud app etc can be introduced if they don't consume background memory unless opened.
    Yes we do have options from play store but most of them come with lots of ads.
    Lastly coming from xiaomi background, i can say that all these features can be implemented without a dent to performance and memory.

19. Hydra Bob KitKat Mar 7, 2018

Hydra Bob, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Oh I didn't even read that part. Doih stupid me.:confused: I thought they were doing a tour of the camera thing or something. Hells yeah I'm down then. Maybe I'll pop by your neck of the woods if they pick me and say hello.;)

Bobbie63, Dunnow, otto2 and 4 others like this.
  20. Android450 Lollipop Mar 7, 2018

Android450, Mar 7, 2018 :
    San Fran is like 5-6 hours away from me but hey if you can let's grab some tacos!

Bobbie63, meatandy, otto2 and 4 others like this.