Apple headphones compatibility

1. Sandernieuwschepen Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

Sandernieuwschepen, Feb 4, 2017 :
    Is there any way to make my apple headphones (the standard iPhone 5 headphones) compatible with my OP3T?
    I know the pause/next button works, but the volume buttons don't.

On rooted OP3T with xposed.

2. Kiran.a.joseph Jelly Bean Feb 4, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph, Feb 4, 2017 :
    Apple headphones does not work well with android phones. Most of the headphone brands have seperate versions of headphone for apple and android phones.

3. Master_TC Jelly Bean Feb 4, 2017

Master_TC, Feb 4, 2017 :
    I searched a long time in Google and find no solution for that. I use apple headphones too.

4. vijay.pushkin Donut Feb 5, 2017

vijay.pushkin, Feb 5, 2017 :
    Its entire Hardware limitations. Not to get too technical but I'll try clarifying.
    Normal 3.5mm Jack headphones uses TRRS configuration (Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve) or TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve - without mic).
    Forward, Backward, Play/Pause signals are sent to Ground and
    Volume Up/Down signals are sent to Mic Channel.

While the entire universe has pinout for this TRRS as Left Audio, Right Audio, Mic and Ground, Apple has slightly different pinouts - Left Audio, Right Audio, Ground and Mic.

Since last two pinouts are switched, Apple headsets don't fully work with other devices. And also the resistance sent by Apple's volume buttons will not interpreted by Android devices because they are patented by Apple. Simply because Apple wants their customers to use only their products for their precious devices. [e]1f601[/e]

5. m.ansari Cupcake Dec 27, 2017

m.ansari, Dec 27, 2017 :
    Thanks Vijay.
    Finally I got the answer to why my earpods are acting weird with 1+ 5T

6. G_Jannick_Vervoorn_udYv Honeycomb Dec 27, 2017

G_Jannick_Vervoorn_udYv, Dec 27, 2017 :
    you cant let this work with your phone... they have different antenna line combination on the Headsetjack pinn... so it would never work for your phone

7. G_Jannick_Vervoorn_udYv Honeycomb Dec 27, 2017

G_Jannick_Vervoorn_udYv, Dec 27, 2017 :
    sorry exactly this.

m.ansari likes this.
  8. Dhaval Pahwa Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

Dhaval Pahwa, Jan 3, 2018 :
    But my iPhone earphones work and sound just fine on my op5t ....it's just that they need to be pushed in really hard ... hope it doesn't damage phone or earphones

9. G_Jannick_Vervoorn_udYv Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

G_Jannick_Vervoorn_udYv, Jan 3, 2018 :
    it's not about the sound, it's about the control panel on your headphones. like the volume buttons.

10. Dhaval Pahwa Cupcake Jan 4, 2018

Dhaval Pahwa, Jan 4, 2018 :
    oh that might be a problem...idk
    do you also feel like that jack is a bit small for earphone plug and it needs to be pushed considerably harder than normal to insert properly than other phones??

11. G_Jannick_Vervoorn_udYv Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

G_Jannick_Vervoorn_udYv, Jan 4, 2018 :
    that won't work, antenna bands are different it will never work

12. Dhaval Pahwa Cupcake Jan 4, 2018

but mine iPhone earphones are working fine .... would they damage my earphone jack in the long run???

13. neihnana Donut Jan 4, 2018

14. m.ansari Cupcake Jan 4, 2018

m.ansari, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Are u able to use start, stop, next song, previous song, volume up, volume down ... all these earpod features on OnePlus ??

15. Dhaval Pahwa Cupcake Jan 4, 2018

haven't tried it yet but no complaints from sound department ....do you face sound quality issue and push the plug in hard?

16. m.ansari Cupcake Jan 4, 2018

m.ansari, Jan 4, 2018 :
    for me sound is good ....but only stop start works ... no other features work

17. Bharat Poojary Cupcake Jan 4, 2018