An Update on OxygenOS (and CM12)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen Honeycomb Mar 27, 2015

Helen, Mar 27, 2015 :
    Hi, this is Helen, Head of Mobile Product at OnePlus. My team and I have been working on OxygenOS for the past several months. It was our sincere hope to release the result of our hard work to all of you today. Unfortunately, we were unable to meet this date and we are as disappointed as you are. On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to apologize for this wait.

The ROM is fully functional and we have quite a few people in the office running it on their own devices without any issues. The delay is caused by extra quality control. We want to make sure that OxygenOS passes Google certification, that all future updates can be OTA'ed properly, and that users from all over the world are able to use OxygenOS in the language of their choice.

We know you’ve been waiting for a long time, and we owe you answers. So, until OxygenOS is officially released, we will share our progress with you. Every day, no matter how big or small the news is, this post will be updated with information in order to give you more visibility into the process. As for a release date, we will release as soon as we feel that it’s good enough for you and it will be very soon.

Most of you are probably also wondering when CM12 will be available. While we don’t have a lot of influence over CM’s release schedule nor development progress, we’ve been providing resources and scheduling test cycles to help with this last stretch. Together, we’re working to deliver CM12 to you as soon as possible.

As promised, if either of the Lollipop deadlines were broken, we are going to give away five free 64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus Ones at random to the forum members who responded in the thread. These five winners are:
    1. @LMH98
    2. @jaypeesmith
    3. @Rushaabh
    4. @topgun1984
    5. @greenboyotb

We'll be contacting the winners over the next 72h.

UPDATE 3/28
    We stress tested our OTA system and found a couple issues that our devs are fixing now. Some localization fixes from yesterday were tested and verified. Have a nice weekend!

UPDATE 3/29
    Hi all, happy Sunday! We are working with our partners to resolve the remaining certification issues as soon as possible.

UPDATE 3/30
    Hope everyone had a good weekend! Regarding OxygenOS: we have resubmitted a build for certification and are now waiting to hear back from our partner. We won't know right away but of course we'll keep updating you daily.

UPDATE 3/31
    Unfortunately, CM12 won't be OTAing today due to certification issues as well. All parties are working together to resolve the problems as soon as possible. I understand the frustration and we will definitely be more careful with our ETAs in the future.

UPDATE 4/1
    Unfortunately, we don't have a meaningful update today, and probably won't for the next few days as we wait for certification. I'll update this post as soon as I hear back from our partner.

UPDATE 4/2
    I don't have an update today, still waiting....
    In the meantime we have already pulled a new branch to prepare for our next update. Hopefully we will learn from past mistakes and provide better support in the future.

UPDATE 4/3
    Hi all, today we will launch.

FINAL UPDATE
    We launched. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. This is a fully certified build with GMS installed so no need to flash separately. Enjoy and let us know what you think. The feedback app is a great tool for providing direct feedback to us if you choose to use it. Thanks and happy long weekend!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015

2. zhaogeorge3 Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

3. imabhilash Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2015

imabhilash, Mar 27, 2015 :
    Congrats those 5 ....

between @Helen you are saying the deadline is broken due to "quality control"....

what time we should expect now for oxygen OS release ?

---- you are planning "OTA for Oxyegen" this is great news for near future ...

thanks!

Edit -
    No more updats, Can't wait...

Give us some surprises Guys...!!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015

4. mmrbest Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

5. Reus Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

Reus, Mar 27, 2015 :
    thank you @Helen and OxygenOS team
    Glad to hear that the ROM is fully functionally "without any issue"
    I will waiting for the next updates It's gonna be LEGEND....

[​IMG]

....DARY.

FINALLY IT'S COMING!!!
    [​IMG]
    Hi @Helen, I guess you mean 4/4 right?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015

6. bashrulz Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015

agnaldo, danielduarte, gaster and 9 others like this.
  7. Gejo1017 Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015

8. Kyngo Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

9. hammet Donut Mar 27, 2015

10. mcsememo KitKat Community Expert Mar 27, 2015

pbergonzi, npt, gaster and 3 others like this.
  11. vebut Froyo Mar 27, 2015

vebut, Mar 27, 2015 :
    Wait what, we had to participate in the forum thread to be nominated?

Clearly an inside job... It's not April 1st yet.

Threbitsch, Eemi, Zazo032 and 42 others like this.
  12. gowtham18110 Froyo Mar 27, 2015

balasubramaniam and Harish19 like this.
  13. gauravnandanwar40 Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

14. kartikbansal Froyo Mar 27, 2015

samyune and balasubramaniam like this.
  15. casachingupta Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

casachingupta, Mar 27, 2015 :
    BREAKING NEWS: News is coming that the team of OPO developers is hopitalized due to lack of oxygen at work place as they are told not to breath to save oxygen so that it can be retained for OPO device.

16. BlueSialia Cupcake Mar 27, 2015

TysonB, rperez720, Larzzoss and 12 others like this.
  17. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert Mar 27, 2015

dsmonteiro, Mar 27, 2015 :
    Thank you for the update.

pbergonzi, npt, M2ohamad and 5 others like this.
  18. jigsaw7 Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

jigsaw7, Mar 27, 2015 :
    Hmmmm.:(
    EDIT: If the winners don't reply you back within 72 hours, can i get one? :p:p

19. MiguelH Honeycomb Mar 27, 2015

MiguelH, Mar 27, 2015 :
    You should be giving away 5 per customer. You should keep your promises. This is bad business. The downfall has begun

20. EpicSwirly Guest Mar 27, 2015

EpicSwirly, Mar 27, 2015 :
    All that we need is updates. It sucks that it was delayed but I understand the reasons for it. Thank you for clarifying some confusion an I hope you guys keep updating us

Luxery, Threbitsch, ixabre and 28 others like this.