1. gianni91 Donut Jan 3, 2018

gianni91, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Hi guys, i have a OnePlus 5T.

I noticed that the display is gray on the right side if I see a photo with a gray background. I opened an RMA and they replaced my phone. Now my new phone has the same problem but a bit on the left too. Can you test please? Let me know if you have the same problem. All of this is annoying.

Perform the test in a room with little light

1. Open this image in fullscreen.
    https://www.eurobrico.com/foto/foto_ftp/ING/000301437_AM_grigio scuro-.jpg
    2. Set the brightness at 10 - 20% max
    3. If you want post a photo con a external camera.

Here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/screen-uniformity-issue.690780/
    there is a thread with the same problem.

Here, my previous device:

I do not think that galaxy and iphone have the same problem despite using an amoled display

Thank you.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018

Stanciu Alex likes this.
  2. Vazgen112 Froyo Jan 3, 2018

3. Spigkos Gingerbread Jan 3, 2018

Spigkos, Jan 3, 2018 :
    used to have it but mine was yellowish .after i replaced it ,the new one i can hardly notice any issue.

4. stark2991_PL Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 3, 2018

stark2991_PL, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I had a pretty similar unit to yours first. I returned it and today I'm going to receive another one, which I hope will be better.
    Also I know 3 other persons with not uniform displays, all of them got their phones replaced.

In my opinion there's too much such cases considering it's a 559 euro device. I know that the display cost a lot of money, but buying cheap panels with quality issues from Samsung annoys me and I would pay more to have a perfect one, if only it was possible
    Here's a good site to check the screen with different shades of gray:
    And that's how my display looked like:

5. A1514257269789 Donut Jan 4, 2018

6. narshishukla Gingerbread Jan 4, 2018

narshishukla, Jan 4, 2018 :
    mine is just fine. however in dark environment and theme set to dark, text alears to be leaking on their surroundings, i think this is bcoz in amoled individual pixels are lit ajd other dark themed oixel are turned off so the light coming out of pixels which are lit feels like a little source of light n its looks like its leaking.
    but i dont have any such issues on galaxy note 8 but I noticed similar issues with earlier Samsung amoled devices but they figured it out, OnePlus is not that experienced.

MarcioReis87 likes this.
  7. gianni91 Donut Jan 4, 2018

8. Spigkos Gingerbread Jan 5, 2018

9. gianni91 Donut Jan 5, 2018

gianni91, Jan 5, 2018 :
    Yes... :(
    they told me that they do not replace it anymore because all of this is normal

10. Y1511446669413 Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

11. gianni91 Donut Jan 5, 2018

gianni91, Jan 5, 2018 :
    I will not take more oneplus, after spending 500 euros, I want a discreet display. I do not say maximum quality but right

stark2991_PL likes this.
  12. G_Shawn_Jordan_XiQu Cupcake Jan 5, 2018

G_Shawn_Jordan_XiQu, Jan 5, 2018 :
    I see what appears to be a very very slight light leak on the right, but it's so unnoticeable for me I (personally) am not worried about it.

I can see how it would bother some people though.

13. MentalDraco KitKat Jan 5, 2018

MentalDraco, Jan 5, 2018 :
    Yes It is a QC issue, i have 2 phones here, on one the display is pretty much grey and uniform, but the power button is a bit wonky

The other phone has a more sturdy power button (also the battery is a bit better on it it lasts about 30 min - 1 h more SOT) but the display is half dark grey and half greenish yellowish grey.

14. Spigkos Gingerbread Jan 5, 2018

Spigkos, Jan 5, 2018 :
    definitely has to be a quality issue,and depends upon luck if you get one from a good LOT or not.i can confirm the buttons sturdiness.

the same has to be about the batteries.i can hardly get more than 3h if data & location enabled all the time.the only way to achieve 7-8h SOT is if I use the phone as soon as get it out of charge ,constantly with wifi only!
    @MentalDraco what is your SOT with data and location on ,have you tested it ?

15. MentalDraco KitKat Jan 5, 2018

Well both phones have high accuracy location on and WiFi, I don't have a lot of cellular data on my plan. You can see the results on page 71 in battery pinned post

And here

This also has the link to the page of my post in battery.

Spigkos likes this.
  16. zizo91 Cupcake Jan 5, 2018

zizo91, Jan 5, 2018 :
    Same issue here, darker left side, and this is my second device, the first one had the same exact issue. I don't know what to do, AMOLED is a lottery.

17. MentalDraco KitKat Jan 5, 2018

Well you could get the phone, power it on and test the screen without taking off the plastic, if the screen has problems that but you sell it, buy another :D

18. zizo91 Cupcake Jan 5, 2018

zizo91, Jan 5, 2018 :
    I really like the phone, i still have time to get a replacement and i might just do that before giving up on it.

19. BrainsCollector Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

20. MentalDraco KitKat Jan 5, 2018

Might as well but it is not guaranteed that the new one will be better :(