Airtel 4G network issue in SIM slot 1

1. Satya U Donut Apr 2, 2017

Satya U, Apr 2, 2017 :
    Team,

I'm using Airtel 4G sim in first sim slot and I'm getting issues with the network. I'm facing regular call drops for incoming calls and outgoing calls take like atleast 40 seconds to 1 minute to connect and hear the ringing tone. pls check and let me know if there's a fix to it

raki_d and Nayant Ahuja like this.
  2. Mritunjay_Tiwari Cupcake Apr 2, 2017

3. ruler1976 Gingerbread Apr 2, 2017

ruler1976, Apr 2, 2017 :
    Wow is airtel still in business? they closed up shop here in Montana and took everybody's money people signed up on two-year contracts the day before they closed and shut down all their towers here. I would be careful with that company.

arvind_shetty likes this.
  4. Satya U Donut Apr 3, 2017

Satya U, Apr 3, 2017 :
    i did contact them mate. they say everything from their side is correct. u have to check with the phone manufacturer

5. Satya U Donut Apr 3, 2017

Satya U, Apr 3, 2017 :
    Airtel is the major telecom here in India dude

6. saikiran4ever Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2017

saikiran4ever, Apr 3, 2017 :
    It could be a tower issue in your area. Check if you see the problem in other areas too.
    Customer care keeps saying everything is fine. They don't understand the actual issue. In case you find that you are facing this issue only in your area, tell them the same and ask them to forward it to their network team.

Also, as per my observation, it is difficult to place a call when your mobile is receiving Airtel's HSPA signal. Your call will go through mostly in HSPA+. That's Airtel's problem.

Put the call on speaker and keep an eye on the signal type from Settings > About Phone > Status > Sim > Airtel > Signal type

Also keep an eye on the signal strength as well from Settings > About Phone > Status > Sim > Airtel > Signal strength

7. ariblaze Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2017

ariblaze, Apr 3, 2017 :
    I blv @ruler1976 is talking about a different company here named Airtel Wireless Inc which is different than Bharti Airtel

ruler1976 likes this.
  8. ruler1976 Gingerbread Apr 3, 2017

ruler1976, Apr 3, 2017 :
    Yes sorry airtel in United States it was debacle here in the state of Montana. Not talking about your carrier in India. My bad..

9. CAGIRISH Donut Apr 3, 2017

10. Anuraj26 Froyo Apr 3, 2017

Anuraj26, Apr 3, 2017 :
    delay in connecting a call is a techincal issue..since Airtel does not have volte at the moment they redirect their voice call to the legacy 2G/3G network n hence the delay..call drops is certainly a network issue which can be resolved by putting the same in the dumb ears of customer care..hope this helped

11. G_Prakash_Diwakar_Yovv Gingerbread Apr 3, 2017

G_Prakash_Diwakar_Yovv, Apr 3, 2017 :
    have you checked ur signal strength under battery settings?? color of network bars can tell u about strength. if its red or orange that means poor signal.

12. kunal.shukla Froyo Apr 3, 2017

kunal.shukla, Apr 3, 2017 :
    try some other network SIM in your phone and if the problem persists then it is definitely the device otherwise it is just a network issue consider porting your number.

13. G_Sai_Bhaskar_YmCE Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2017

G_Sai_Bhaskar_YmCE, Apr 3, 2017 :
    It's a network issue. Airtel relies on 2G network for calls. When you make a call when you're connected to data, your phone disconnects the data, switches to 2G network and wait for all the nodes in between you and the receiver (the beeps you hear before call is placed, legacy mode call), and then the call is placed. Hence the time delay. I think it a good time to switch to Jio if your area has good coverage. Jio rocks on my OP3. Call drops are almost non existent and the call quality is really good. Haven't used my secondary Idea SIM in over a month except for some incoming calls.Your choice though.

14. Satya U Donut Apr 4, 2017

Satya U, Apr 4, 2017 :
    oh Buddy i used Jio sim so long. but now i have an official phone number (vodafone) and my personal number (airtel) so had to move from Jio.. maybe I hate for that decision. Hope airtel or oneplus comes up with a fix or solution.

15. G_Sai_Bhaskar_YmCE Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2017

G_Sai_Bhaskar_YmCE, Apr 4, 2017 :
    There is no fix unless Airtel, Vodafone and Idea move towards IP based calling. And there is nothing OP can do for the same. Just curious though, are you on prepaid or postpaid for either of those SIMs?

16. Satya U Donut Apr 8, 2017

Satya U, Apr 8, 2017 :
    prepaid buddy. but Airtel has to come up with a solution.. or its OP who has to provide a fix for this..

17. G_Sai_Bhaskar_YmCE Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 8, 2017

G_Sai_Bhaskar_YmCE, Apr 8, 2017 :
    I noticed that Airtel on postpaid connects immediately while it takes a little bit of time in prepaid. Jio to Airtel is a nightmar to connect.

arvind_shetty likes this.
  18. Abhiera Froyo Apr 9, 2017

Abhiera, Apr 9, 2017 :
    Am on Airtel 4G, I see no issues till date. Maybe clear network settings would help. You never know

19. Crazyfeet Honeycomb Apr 9, 2017

Crazyfeet, Apr 9, 2017 :
    Having disconnection issues here too. My Papa's OnePlus 2 has Airtel Prepaid in SIM 1. JIO VoLTE in SIM 2. Only recently, local and STD calls from SIM 1 have started dropping.

20. Satya U Donut Apr 21, 2017

Satya U, Apr 21, 2017 :
    are you able to receive calls when u r in 4G data connection?