Accidentally deleted DCIM photos

1. Dunnow KitKat May 18, 2017

Dunnow, May 18, 2017 :
    what?

A neural network, without eyes, would do so in google. Because google photos needs it to offer more than just being a simple gallery.

Dropbox does not analyze shit, in fact, Dropbox employees, that might need to manage user data, don't have access to the pictures but to a filename + exif data + hashed code.

Also, if you are so paranoid of anyone entering your google photos account, just use a two step validation and solved.

I certainly do not mind Google training his AI with my photos, as long as there's no human looking at them, there's no harm at all. Only gains, for me. The smarter their AI gets, the better I will be able to describe a picture for Google photos to return it to me from the +20k I have online already...

"pictures of me and my dog during my birthday" the day you can do that without uploading a picture to the cloud to be analyzed by a neural network without human access, tell me.

Tell me, what is wrong exactly on Google using my photos to do so? there's no human being looking at them. They do not have access to my pictures at all either. And all data used to train the AI (assuming they were using mine, which I doubt) is anonymous and invisible to every engineer working on it.

illuminarias, pa5t1s and Sun90 like this.
  2. pa5t1s Lollipop May 18, 2017

pa5t1s, May 18, 2017 :
    Yep, totally agree with that POV!
    Anyway, I don't have 'secret' photos to be shared: I'm not a top-model! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    @LightningXIII should take care tho...

Sun90 likes this.
  3. ghostofcain KitKat May 18, 2017

ghostofcain, May 18, 2017 :
    And each app you install overwrites data meaning you are less likely to recover anything.

4. Dunnow KitKat May 18, 2017

Dunnow, May 18, 2017 :
    Are you saying @LightningXIII does have such pictures?

A true gentleman would never assume so.

I shall duel you to restore @LightningXIII honor!

[​IMG]
    PD: I don't have secret pictures of me either :)

pa5t1s and Sun90 like this.
  5. M4Master Honeycomb May 18, 2017

6. abhijit2610 Froyo May 18, 2017

abhijit2610, May 18, 2017 :
    device not showing as drive to scan from easeus data recovery

7. ravish5497 Gingerbread May 18, 2017

ravish5497, May 18, 2017 :
    maybe then i am not helpful to you.. but i recovered my photos from memory card which i lost in camera

8. sandy.cbitkings Cupcake May 18, 2017

9. sandy.cbitkings Cupcake May 18, 2017

10. pa5t1s Lollipop May 18, 2017

pa5t1s, May 18, 2017 :
    Thou may be misleaded, dear! I was implying that the lady is a respectable top-model, not Emily Ratajkowski with her Twatter account! [​IMG]

11. Amiga4000 Gingerbread May 18, 2017

Amiga4000, May 18, 2017 :
    so you sell your private data to get a few cheap services?
    great. as you do not have any private data, please send me all your pictures, including your kids, wife, friends and your contacts. also all places you have been and so on. maybe I can create a 3d model of your place and all burglars get a free view were to get the best stuff without any issues. oh, while we're on it, your health information and Fitbit data, too. maybe I want to sell you a insurance for too much money.
    you are sure you do not have to hide anything?
    never cheated with law, taxes or police?
    why should I help Google with my private data to sell a product while I get nothing back? even worse, I loose my full rights on my data.

12. Dunnow KitKat May 18, 2017

Dunnow, May 18, 2017 :
    I'm not selling any private data. Google is not giving my particular information to noone.

Again, no one in google knows ANYTHING about me. The SYSTEM does. a system where NO ONE in google has access to private data of their uses. They use anonimized information.

"male, from arround this age, whith this interests"

not like

<my name> <my particular age><my exact chrome searches>

you clearly don't understand how these things work.

If you are seriously suggesting ANYONE but me, has access to see my pictures,you are DELUSIONAL.

PD: I'm in spain, I don't need PRIVATE health care, EUROPE provides it to me. LOL xD

Plus my job also gives me access to a private one too.

And fitbit does not know shit about my health. At best the only data it could give anyone would be "he does 8000 steps a day"

even fat people can do that xDD

pa5t1s likes this.
  13. Dunnow KitKat May 18, 2017

Dunnow, May 18, 2017 :
    I thought you might say that, so, are you saying she's a dumb blond model that only knows how to walk while being all dolled up?!

pa5t1s likes this.
  14. fazerboy0_3 Honeycomb May 18, 2017

15. pa5t1s Lollipop May 18, 2017

pa5t1s, May 18, 2017 :
    Umm, truly a nasty sophism: all top-models are not blonde, nor even dumb + All top-models don't spend their time walking around with a smile of their stupid duck-faces! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dunnow likes this.
  16. Dunnow KitKat May 18, 2017

Dunnow, May 18, 2017 :
    That's right, @LightningXIII certainly does not match that description. hm hm ò_o

pa5t1s likes this.
  17. Amiga4000 Gingerbread May 18, 2017

Amiga4000, May 18, 2017 :
    sure, data in a system is never abused and never looked up by anyone. history proofs wrong.
    and you give your data free to Google, aka selling it for peanuts. or even worse, you are happy to give your data to Google so Google can work.with it.
    proof me wrong and make me 100% sure that no person in Google will ever look at any of your data, or even be possible to do this.
    you can't. and so: Google people can look into your data.
    and that's what I tell: you can give away your data to anyone you like, but be sure, it will be used.
    (also NSA and other agencies do have access to Google and other clouds. think twice before publishing your data).

about not using a name: in Iran one telephone number is enough to kill someone. metadata is as bad as real data. from metadata you can be traced, wake time, activity, places,... so it's a red herring to say no real name associated with the data. you leave far too much data to be anonymous or secure. sorry.
    if you do not care, fine, publish your data. if you do care about your data, think about it twice.not every company does all the good stuff they pretend to do. "don't be evil" is far gone. ( or why does Google scan Google mail do make good tailored advertising towards you? selling your email to get ads is a very very bad choice).

18. Dunnow KitKat May 18, 2017

Dunnow, May 18, 2017 :
    Actually, it's in the legal agreement with Google, it clearly explains how your data is used. how their employees can access it and how can not.

Also, they give me a control panel to activate or deactivate ANY kind of data tracking they might be doing on my account.

Once again, my data is not public to any employee, and certainly, not private data, such as bank accounts, emails, pictures gps locations and others.

They do get behavioral data, and it's NOT attached to ANY of my information, it's completely abstracted out from my account or any relation to me.

You should inform yourself better and drop that tin foil hat you wear all day.

Also, NSA and google have already had some issues precisely because Google does not give them information at all unless they have a warrant for it.

19. red_1819 Gingerbread May 18, 2017

red_1819, May 18, 2017 :
    Let him backup the current data and then root his phone, recover the photos or by using pc...Thats what i meant brother

20. Kirakichi Jelly Bean May 18, 2017

Kirakichi, May 18, 2017 :
    Give up, it's gone.

Now, head to the Play Store and check cloud services sucj as Shoebox, Cloud Mail, Mega, Google Photos (i hate UI of it), QuickPic.

I use Cloud Mail and so far, it's the best i found so far (+ because of the free 1TB permanent storage).