A letter to OnePlus

1. vsmacky Eclair Mar 20, 2017

vsmacky, Mar 20, 2017 :
    Dear OP Devs,
    Please do regression testing next time onwards before pushing buggy updates to our devices. This update is causing a lot of problems too.
    * Phone heats up while charging
    * Battery draining faster than previous build
    * Phone restarts automatically anytime
    and so on.

Your tagline is: A day's power in half an hour.
    Don't let your buggy updates deviate from it.

Thanks man,
    Yours fan
    Stan

2. sfomin Marshmallow Mar 20, 2017

sfomin, Mar 20, 2017 :
    Stan, maybe you should trade with @F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI [​IMG] His phone is bug free. or so he claims... but his claim is BS

The1Lion and Dhruvit Jain like this.
  3. ghostofcain KitKat Mar 20, 2017

ghostofcain, Mar 20, 2017 :
    Funny most users who know what they are doing, and how to carry out a little housekeeping (cache wipe after update etc), are not reporting any of these issues in the release thread. In fact feedback on this release is way more positive than any of the previous nougat releases.

xcrm, geo07, shining235 and 7 others like this.
  4. sfomin Marshmallow Mar 20, 2017

sfomin, Mar 20, 2017 :
    thats not saying much though [​IMG]

The1Lion likes this.
  5. DrAakash Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2017

DrAakash, Mar 20, 2017 :
    Agreed. It's a really simple thing to do.. and yet people can't or won't do it.. there are tens of threads being created by the hour.. regarding the 'bugs', all of which can be replied to with a single word.. READ.

xcrm, geo07, shining235 and 3 others like this.
  6. G_Ratnesh_Maurya_AFzp Donut Mar 20, 2017

G_Ratnesh_Maurya_AFzp, Mar 20, 2017 :
    after the .7.1 update.
    batter drain even after the cache clear. software crash like amazon etc.
    message url not opening crash of software.
    device restarting.
    fix these bugs.

vsmacky likes this.
  7. yatin52 Eclair Mar 20, 2017

yatin52, Mar 20, 2017 :
    very disappointed with the update... same issues except the rrstarting part.... I did a clean flash from scratch... even erased internal after taking a backup....

vsmacky likes this.
  8. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2017

cmitchellshaw, Mar 20, 2017 :
    As already mentioned in this thread (assuming anyone actually reads), these issues do not show up for users who follow basic flashing protocols (wiping cache after flashing, etc.) For instance, my phone is cool too the touch, has not rebooted on its own, and is tracking for more about 38 hours of battery and about 5 hours SOT. And that's with several hours of using hotspot to my laptop.

We have the same phone and the same update. I'll bet the only difference is that I wiped after updating and you didn't.
    1490037202742.jpg

1490037202880.jpg

9. bpwest80 Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2017

bpwest80, Mar 20, 2017 :
    I'm not seeing all these bugs people are reporting. My phone is fine. Battery is the same and i have absolutely no lag. There's still room for improvement but i don't have any major bugs.

otto2 likes this.
  10. ledsled Gingerbread Mar 20, 2017

ledsled, Mar 20, 2017 :
    That's what you guys don't get. If I have to wipe after every update to keep these bugs away then it's not good software.
    You think technically advanced people are the only ones that use Oneplus? Oneplus has grown. Now most of it's user base doesn't even know the existence of this forum, let alone knowing "you have to wipe after every update".
    Those guys have to live with bugs because of inefficiency of updates.

The point is "there are ways to get around all the problems" is not a good argument.
    There shouldn't be any problems in the first place.

geo07, vsmacky, Neo13 and 1 other person like this.
  11. PTuT Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2017

PTuT, Mar 20, 2017 :
    I can understand your point about cleaning the cache after each update. With all my previous phones I never had to do it after OTA.

But, looking at this from other side, customers push OP to deliver the latest asap. Some, even use VPN to get it first and then cry when it's not totally functional and they don't spend time to read the threads to learn what to do. I do clean the cache after updates but I can tell you I didn't have any major problems to warrant it, I just did it to be on the safe side. OP could make it as an automated trigger after each OTA update.

ledsled likes this.
  12. Amiga4000 Gingerbread Mar 20, 2017

Amiga4000, Mar 20, 2017 :
    cool, if you want fast Charge, the mobile need to heat up. that's physics, no one can beat it.
    charge with slow power power supply and it keeps cool, but needs 8h or more.
    and the consumption was noted in nearly one million thread's in here. you know the answer, only need to apply it.

13. DrAakash Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2017

DrAakash, Mar 20, 2017 :
    I do agree that bugs shouldn't be there.. we all like to have a mature OS in our phones. But some bugs are there, also, the solution is out there, and people just don't care to actually find out what to do. Everyone wants to be spoon-fed. These guys are smart enough to start their own thread.. why wouldn't they just read a bit? What do you say?

14. F_Ahmad_Hamouda_EPpl Cupcake Mar 20, 2017

15. xAphex Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2017

xAphex, Mar 20, 2017 :
    Dear User,

if you take good care of ur phone and read how to solve the problems u wouldn't be making a post about it.

Thank you,
    Your fellow user.

Android450 likes this.
  16. G_nikolas_adm_PeTH Cupcake Mar 21, 2017

17. Reneeh1955 Cupcake Mar 21, 2017

Reneeh1955, Mar 21, 2017 :
    hello 1+
    I am mostly very happy with my new phone, still finding ways to do things especially with the camera which is a big reason I chose this phone. Where can I learn about all the camera functions? Didn't get any kind of operations book, like it asked if I wanted to do an animation and it was very cool but I can't do it again , can.t find keys to do any special effects in fact. Also I bought the extra 2 year insurance and have received no written paperwork on that plan and specifics like , phone covered from what date and expires on what date?Hope to hear from you.
    Renee

18. mayursawant Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2017

mayursawant, Mar 21, 2017 :
    NO HEATING
    NO BATTERY DRAIN
    NO AUTO REBOOT

Best and most stable update till now hands down.

19. ledsled Gingerbread Mar 21, 2017

ledsled, Mar 21, 2017 :
    Well yes, these guys should not create threads as they can read around in forums.
    But I'm talking about the general public. The "not so tech savvy" public.
    And I like the suggestion of @PTuT.
    If Oneplus update clears cache automatically, many problems will not be there for people who don't know know how to resolve them.

ghostofcain likes this.
  20. Akhil_Chaitanya Donut Mar 21, 2017

vsmacky likes this.