A change request for the dialer app!

1. Tandro Froyo Nov 5, 2016

Tandro, Nov 5, 2016 :
    Hi there dear OP Dev team!

You're doing an awesome job. Let's hope you continue doing it.

My request is, since you guys are offering a dual sim phone, inside the dialer app, there are appropriately two call buttons for the 2 sims, so we can clearly say 2 green icons with the phone logo with a 1/2 indicating which sim is to be used for making a call. My request to you is, while the default sim is being used to make calls from contacts or messaging app etc. is completely fine, when you use smart dial inside the dialer to find your contact, and you click the contact on top, the phone number must then come onto the dialing area, and then we should be able to choose which sim we want to make a call with.

For example,

If i'm calling your CEO Carl, (like that would happen :p)
    I will go to the dialer, and type 2275 (as per t9 layout) and his name will pop up on the top. And now if i click his name here, the number should appear below instead of directly going for a phone call in the default sim. This is slightly annoying because when i want to make certain calls with my secondary sim, i have to manually copy the contact to my clipboard, paste it on the dialer and then use the secondary sim phone button to make the call. Small feature, shouldn't take more than 3 lines of code for experts like yourselves!!

You could even give additional options like texting the contact after typing their name on it. Right now, if i want to text my mother, I would type her name on the dialer app, and her contact would show up, and if i click it, it would take me straight to a call with her. It would be better, if i would click on her contact, and then the number shows below, with other options below, showing me if i want to call her, send a text message to her, or video call her (since we have duo, we could build this in right?). The samsung dialer app is perfect when it comes to this, and stock android dialer app just isn't on the same level! Please glance through a samsung phone for you to understand how easy things are over there!!

Please look into this! And if you've come this far, then thank you for reading this!
    Thanks and keep up the wonderful work.

2. Tandro Froyo Nov 5, 2016

Tandro, Nov 5, 2016 :

3. deepaksingh6691 Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2016

deepaksingh6691, Nov 5, 2016 :
    dialer app's basic function is to just dial the number you want to call and with latest features (T9) you can search any contact more easily .
    Since you've already selected the desired sim for calling then the app is doing right , if you find yourself calling with both sims that you have then you should make your selection to "Ask every-time from which Sim to make a Call" in the Sim Settings.

You have Contact app for that....Search the Contact ...Explore the Options for Communication.

4. SivaMaxwell Gingerbread Nov 5, 2016

5. Tandro Froyo Nov 5, 2016

Tandro, Nov 5, 2016 :
    If
    If you have used that feature from touch wiz, you would know what i'm talking about. I understand that there are many apps for it, but why use 2 apps when you could use just one, and all it requires is one little tweak? You could have even asked me to just download another dialer off the play store. I'm just trying to help these guys improve on what i think are areas that could be improved.
    Thanks for your suggestions though.

6. adil_k Cupcake Nov 5, 2016

7. adil_k Cupcake Nov 5, 2016

8. G_Umar_Haider_MtNH Cupcake Oct 12, 2017