#7DayReviewChallenge + My new office

1. F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI Donut Dec 5, 2017

F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI, Dec 5, 2017 :
    Day One: Unboxing Day

Delivery day was postponed one day so you can imagine that my emotions and excitement reached next level.
    Unboxing was done at work along with my colleagues, some of them being even more excited than me :)).
    You may understand that my Tuesday at work was the least productive day ever.
    This was a joy also for my wife who was eagerly waiting to steal my OnePlus 3. :))
    IMG_20171205_151908.jpg
    IMG_20171205_150202.jpg IMG_20171205_150034.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017

2. F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI Donut Dec 6, 2017

F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI, Dec 6, 2017 :
    Day Two: Design/Display Day.
    It's WOOOWW. It looks and feel premium. I love this new 18:9 Ratio and the FullHD Resolution is more than enough. Seems like my dog loves it too.
    I also like the back. Glad you didn't follow the glass trend. I hate that.
    Screenshot_20171206-143956.jpg

Crystal Z. likes this.
  3. F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI Donut Dec 7, 2017

F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI, Dec 7, 2017 :
    Day Three: Camera Day.

Unfortunately not enough time for outside shoots. Which I'm convinced will be impressive.
    But I've got the chance to test low light performance outdoor and indoor - still some noise on auto-mode., but probably pro mode would have been better choice here. Anyways I like they are brighter now.
    Then portret mode with my daughter's unicorn - I'm finally able to use bokeh effect on my phone which is awesome. Love it.
    And a selfie with my co-workers - I'm still a bit disappointed that faces in second and third lines are blurry. It only focus on the first person(s). This problem I encountered on my OP3, but not on several budget phones. Probably there's a setting or software needs some improvement.

Overall I can see some real progress versus OP3
    IMG_20171206_170653.jpg IMG_20171206_212118.jpg IMG_20171206_212415_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20171206_125625.jpg

Attached Files:

4. F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI Donut Dec 8, 2017

F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI, Dec 8, 2017 :
    Day Four: Performance Day
    I was eagerly waiting for this day so I can tell you why I called my Thread: My new office.
    Indeed, since I moved to OnePlus 3, my phone became my laptop.
    My job requires monitoring different services and platforms. So speed and good performances is a must. No need to open my laptop anymore for emergency situations.
    Now with my new 5T all my monitoring & alarming apps are even faster and the fact that it has 8 GB Ram, now all apps are remaining active in background and can be instantly accessed .
    Face unlock? Is just lightening fast.

How can I say this .... : I'm in love with my new Bea5T.

5. F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI Donut Dec 9, 2017

F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI, Dec 9, 2017 :
    Day Five: Dash Charge/Power Consumption Day.
    You did it again! I'm amazed that even the screen got bigger, the battery is not draining faster.
    Keeping the resolution FHD was a smart move.
    I'm daily wondering how come a 3,300 mAh battery can be charged 100% in just one hour. Just spectacular.
    In light usage I can cover 2 full days with one charge. Around 65% left after first day
    In medium usage I end-up the day with around 50% - and I can easily cover most of next day
    I'm not a gamer, but when I'm in a mood of testing some graphic capabilities, I'll play some resourceful games such of Asphalt or FIFA - I'm amazed to see that the phone is not heating up and finish the day with some battery for emergency situations - around 30 %
    How on earth would someone prefer waiting around 2 hours for a full battery using wireless charge? Considering that wireless charge is not even that wireless when you have to keep it on dock.
    OnePlus Dash Charge ROCKS!

6. F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI Donut Dec 11, 2017 at 12:37 PM

F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI, Dec 11, 2017 at 12:37 PM :
    Day Six: OxygenOS Day
    I'm glad that I've switched to a maker which understands that SIMPLE IS BETTER!
    In the past I was frustrated that with every new phone, I had to clean it up from all the bloatware and more frustrated that many useless apps couldn't even been erased.
    I'm not a professional reviewer, just a simple user. So, from this position I can tell that it doesn't matter if you put all the best hardware in your phone, if the software is lacking or hangs or useless apps consumes space and resources.
    Thank you for constant little improvements and adjustments that makes this OS the most impressive one.
    For example a little feature that I've been missing and now it's there: pause button on video recorder. I know it's not a big thing for you, but for me is very useful.
    I know a big part of this process is the fact that you are listening to your customers.
    Because improving but still keeping everything simple and stable is very hard.

Suneall01 likes this.
  7. F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI Donut Dec 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM

F_Octavian_Tonica_tDLI, Dec 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM :
    Day Seven: Conclusion Day!
    Woow...It's already been 7 days??? Practically is my daily partner. (Don't tell my wife)
    Since the first rumors about a new OP phone, I knew it will be impressive and I must have it.
    Then, I watched every review on YouTube and I was actually laughing when the future to be my phone, was kicking the big competitor's *** on many aspects.
    I'm proud to be the owner of such an amazing phone that replaced my laptop and became my new office.
    In conclusion I don't care about water resistance (I know it can handle it very well though). I don't care about wireless charge (It's not yet a proper technology). I just wanted a phone that:
    - Is fast: well is not fast, is the fastest one on the market.
    - looks good: well, what can I say - with this 18:9 Amoled Display you really stepped up.
    - has a headphone jack: ITTTTT HASSSSSS !!!!!!
    - doens't make you sell your kidney to have it: I still have all my body parts. (Don't know what to say about iPhone X users)
    - good camera: well, here I would say it's a big step forward, but could be better :).
    - decent battery: Decent? Well this is way better than decent. With almost 2 days of normal usage, this can beat even a Nokia 3310. Not to mention the killer Dash Charge - AWESOME!!.

This phone doesn't need a recommendation. Now it became a big hit all around the world. So I don't need to praise it between my friends. I just need to take it off from my pocket and show it to them. And they will scream like some crazy Justin Bieber fans.

Well done OnePlus!

Best Regards,
    Some crazy OP fan in Galati, Romania