24 hours with Oreo on my OnePlus 5

1. d'andrea Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

d'andrea, Jan 1, 2018 :
    Hi everybody, here are a few notes of the first 24 hours with Oreo on my OnePlus 5.

- First of all, I'm really excited about the face unlock;
    - Overall the phone is slower than in Nougat (examples: qwerty keyboard, transition between apps, folders opening)
    - The phone seems to be hot after 15 min. usage and It is burning hot in recharging with WiFi on;
    - The charge of the phone seems to last 24 hours only, instead it lasted more than 48 hours in Nougat;
    - The swipe-down-from-above curtain in the home page in Nougat conveyed much more information, even if it required 3 touches to pass from WiFi to 4G connection;
    - The Google icons in Nougat were bigger and clearer, even with the absence of the circle in background
    - There is no resuming shelf in the settings app anymore
    - Predefined mode: the white background of the gallery app is very tiring for the eyes, in Nougat the background was black
    - There are no Capital letters at the beginning of the words of the date in the blocked screen.

I think this things should be fixed in the next release.

Happy new year to everybody!

TsKucik likes this.
  2. d'andrea Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

3. d'andrea Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

d'andrea, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I report another massive battery life drop! Today it is due to the Google Play Services. 23% usage of my battery and the duration of this charge is the worst ever! 16 hours total and 5 hours left with 32% battery and normal phone usage.
    The phone is unbelievably hot too! Please do something!

4. CosmoKramer70 Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

CosmoKramer70, Jan 3, 2018 :
    go and wipe the cache or if that doesnt work do a clean install of the OS. that will probably fix a majority of your issues.

what version of the OS are you running, kinda sounds like you are running the beta3 (if you are using face unlock). If you are then what more do you expect from a beta... expect issues and more issues when using a beta version of the OS.