2016 Round-up: Thanks for a great year

1. Carl Co-founder Staff Member Dec 24, 2016

Carl, Dec 24, 2016 :
    Friends,

We wanted to say a huge thank you for your ongoing support this year as 2016 draws to a close. We continue to be delighted with your enthusiasm and support for what we're trying to do at OnePlus and appreciate the honest and hard feedback you provide. Without your help, we would not be where we are today.

This year has been our strongest year so far. We went back to the basics, focused on our strengths and worked hard to recapture the excitement of our first year when we introduced the OnePlus One. In June, we launched the OnePlus 3, introduced Dash Charge and removed the invite system. Last month we updated the OnePlus 3 and brought you the OnePlus 3T, incorporating the newest technology sooner, so our fans did not have to wait an entire product lifecycle for important hardware upgrades. We also began working with two new carrier partners this year, Elisa in Finland and O2 in the UK, while deepening our relationships with trusted partners like Amazon in India and JD in China. As a result, more people are learning about and experiencing our Never Settle philosophy, and we welcome them to our ever-expanding community.

You, our community, have again been hugely important to us this year and we've enjoyed meeting so many of you around the world. Our largest community venture was the Euro Tour where so many great European cities hosted our tour van throughout the summer. We also met many of you at pop-up events in cities including New York, Paris, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai, as well as third anniversary celebrations in London, Paris and Berlin. Thanks for coming out to support us!

The OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T are our most successful devices yet, as many in the community will attest. They have the highest net promoter score (NPS) that we've ever achieved for our phones, which means that more OnePlus users are recommending them to their friends than ever before. Many of our friends in the media were also impressed with the premium build quality, smooth performance, and the fastest charging technology on the market, Dash Charge. Below is a round-up of some of the awards and recognition our products have received this year.

So, as we close out our third year, we wanted to reach out to wish you all well over the holiday season and thank you for supporting us throughout 2016. It's been an eventful year, and we can't wait for what will come in 2017.

Best wishes,
    Carl

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017

2. jpswer Jelly Bean Dec 24, 2016

3. Ceasedd Marshmallow Dec 24, 2016

4. Tobikage Marshmallow Dec 24, 2016

Tobikage, Dec 24, 2016 :
    Thank-you for the update....and ignoring of a part of the community.

-posted from a OP2 running OOS​

5. ariblaze Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 24, 2016

6. G_Samir_Ahmed_Wakil_cDWG Froyo Dec 24, 2016

7. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Moderator Dec 24, 2016

Maximus Decimus Meridius, Dec 24, 2016 :
    Congrats on the great year and may many more to follow. And congrats on Oneplus' birthday.

Yes i really loved the OP3. But people still hoping for a OnePlus One kinda experience. That one really stood out of the crowd. No matter how good the OnePlus3 (and "facelift") is. Its still one of the top phones, there is just no extra USP/and buyers experience. Well, there is, but not like the OPO (Thats why i am personally pro invitesystem - improved tho) making enemies here, lol

I dont think you have to worry about branding and marketing that much if your products and services (aftersales, community, devsupport, etc etc) are great on all aspects.
    These bastards will sell themselves

Enjoy the holidayseason all!!!

PRK.R, Gabfred, Ganeshgns and 10 others like this.
  8. yogeshgamerz Froyo Dec 24, 2016

yogeshgamerz, Dec 24, 2016 :
    Thanks for forcing me to use single sim in my dual sim phone ( oneplus 2 with oos 3.5.5 )
    Happy Holidays.

9. Carl Co-founder Staff Member Dec 24, 2016

10. Tobikage Marshmallow Dec 24, 2016

11. MNavy_ Jelly Bean Dec 24, 2016

12. jizang KitKat Dec 24, 2016

13. Mr. BG Lollipop Dec 24, 2016

Mr. BG, Dec 24, 2016 :
    It was a great year for practicing patience, for (again) not getting what was promised, for being ignored on every level imaginable, as you do now, again...

It was the year i once again learned to pay attention to people's deeds rather than words. Just stick to bellowing that same stale story again and again, great phone, great reviews, shiny happy community, ignore everything else.

It was the year i found to never trust someone that calls everybody "friend" without even recognising their existence, let alone respect the basic customers right for a decent functioning product. That honest feedback, contrary to what you state, gets ignored largely, not appreciated.

Merry Christmas...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016

PRK.R, Reboot101, tedulus and 20 others like this.
  14. Ceasedd Marshmallow Dec 24, 2016

PRK.R, Kruemelfelix, Salt505 and 2 others like this.
  15. LightningXIII KitKat Moderator Dec 24, 2016

LightningXIII, Dec 24, 2016 :
    Merry Christmas Carl :D I wish I could keep my OnePlus Tree forever!

16. Hitesh_Gupta Gingerbread Dec 24, 2016

Hitesh_Gupta, Dec 24, 2016 :
    Thanks for the great hardware, software & support guys. Keep going :)

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!

microcargill and Salt505 like this.
  17. Lfcheng Gingerbread Dec 24, 2016

Lfcheng, Dec 24, 2016 :
    Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Trust you have passed on the message of delivering 7.0 OTA upgrade for OnePlus 3. Don't miss that. ;)

18. meatandy Marshmallow Dec 24, 2016

meatandy, Dec 24, 2016 :
    Absence make the heart grow fonder ;)

Merry Christmas to @everyone at OP.
    Chag Sameach

And

Happy Festiveus for the rest of us :p

PRK.R, Gabfred, Salt505 and 7 others like this.
  19. ontheair Eclair Dec 24, 2016

ontheair, Dec 24, 2016 :
    Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

And if I can ask for a gift for christmas: @Carl please dont forget about your customers who want to use smartphones instead of phablets. So I am asking for 5-inch-devices, like the previous OnePlus X ;-)

Best wishes!

mattias76, Gabfred, Kyrox and 5 others like this.
  20. Almdudler_Prime Donut Dec 24, 2016

Gabfred, Salt505 and Ceasedd like this.